It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Meeting Lifts the Veil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

You have the audacity to call me a liar when you believe what Trump says?

You just won the prize for the most sheer audacity on the Internet. I'm not even going to try top respond otherwise to your masterful stroke of irony.

Again, anything relevant to the OP to add? The "bash Trump because" lobby is down the hall to the left, labelled as the "Political Mud Pit."

TheRedneck

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The OP contains your false claims about NATO and Trump's UK visit. Can respond to that but have no worthwhile opinion on the other.

The 'very special relationship' press conference turned into a 'special needs' one. May had a field day debunking every statement Trump made, PMQs and political debate in the UK of a far higher standard. Buzzwords, populism and lies fall on deaf ears - see awkward silences after Trump's 'fake news' Sun claims.
edit on 14-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Your drumbeat of hate for the US is getting old.

The fact that you equate my disdain for your leader with hate for your country says much about the mindset of Trump supporters , they are not one and the same.

Trump has fostered a bunker mentality to secure his cult like status with his core supporters and your post reflects that well.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You have the audacity to call me a liar when you believe what Trump says?

You just won the prize for the most sheer audacity on the Internet. I'm not even going to try top respond otherwise to your masterful stroke of irony.

Again, anything relevant to the OP to add? The "bash Trump because" lobby is down the hall to the left, labelled as the "Political Mud Pit."

TheRedneck

There are no prizes like that on the internet, you sound like Potus giving his fake news awards

Did you read those links?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

My humble view is that a good relationship with Russia is KEY to a stable world and reasonable levels of peace.

We've been in a "cold war" with these people for 70 years or more, as if there were some Hidden Hand wishing to keep these two superpowers divided.

I tend to agree on both counts. I do not understand how anyone could think that refusal to even meet and talk with another world leader could end in anything other than misery for both. Diplomacy is always a good thing, even when it is not effective.

I have noticed that as well. Back in my youth, we had radiation- and blast-proof school desks that we had to huddle under every so often just in case Russia launched those big ol' bad nukes. Strangely enough, they never did. Today the same rhetoric abounds... and of the actual Russians I have known and spoken to, they simply don't seem to be a warlike people. Putin is just old guard, looking out for Mother Russia from an antiquated world view.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Apparently I do. Spent lots of time all over Britain and have many British friends. They live it and tell me. So, yeah, I know some things about British life-struggles and the silly royalty. I understand your wanting to show pride and all but am not interested in playing numbers games. How much does all that royalty cost you? That's a pretty complcated question that I don't expect you to answer. Keep that British chin up-it's okay to want to be proud.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We saw a Broadway extravaganza put on by the GOP probably ordered after trump was told about this new indictment to play to the base. Which it obviously did.
That # show accomplished nothing for the GOP. It didn't prove anything except they know how to be snarky and talk over people after they ask them a question.
Best part for me...

When his lawyers told him he couldn't answer questions about an ongoing investigation and Goodlatte said he'd hold him in contempt if he didnt. When he got all red faced and screamed YOU WILL ANSWER THE QUESTION.
And then...had to stand down.
And no one is filing contempt of Congress charges.

link   

Did you read those links?

No, thanks, I had baloney for breakfast already.

Seriously, they're off topic by definition. I am trying to steer this thread back toward the OP, instead of the "I hate Trump" rhetoric.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't think Schumer and the others are actually trying to prevent the meeting. They just want to spin it into something more negative, while Trump wants to spin it positive. But of course everyone has the right to take them at face value when they say cancel the meeting, that's just fair.

Thanks for a well written post. I'm really happy that Euro countries are raising their NATO contributions. Many of those countries should build up their militaries in general as well.

But I think you're hyping up the meeting with Putin too much. It's not like he'll sit there like some Bond-villain and start explaining his plans to Trump. Technically it could be a good time for some sort of revelation or change of Pace in Trump's PR, maybe just because it's such a big and symbolic event, meeting with the Russian leader. But in the current situation I expect it'll just be a formality.

Though it'd be interesting if they pulled some sort of 4d move to disarm Trump's opponents. Like, Putin could reveal something new about the hacks or find some scapegoat for them. If he could make a concession that only validates the claims about Russian meddling a little bit, but invalidates the bigger claims about collusion. That could help Trump by making his opponents look bad, or putting more pressure on ending the special counsel with just a tiny victory for Mueller. But I don't think this would be congruous with Russia's strategy, and it's just half-baked speculation in any case.

a reply to: Justso

Come on, UK has way better health care for poor people, whether you think they should have it or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Trump meet with NATO and successfully get agreements from countries to pay

The agreements were made in 2006 and no one has changed a thing.
Trump lies about everything. Every frigging thing.
Macron said he's a liar. No one agreed to change a thing.
His visit is being categorized as a disaster.
The rest of the planet is on edge.
edit on 7142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

At this point, I cross over into pure speculation, but I believe my speculations are well within the realm of reality: I believe the DNC and FBI have been collaborating together, as witnessed by the DNC opposition to any investigations/firings/etc. within the FBI and the questionable actions of the FBI where the DNC hacking was concerned (the computers that were supposedly hacked were never turned over officially to the FBI, yet we have indictments). The recent cornucopia of ties to Russia and the almost rabid concern over the upcoming Russian meeting tells me there is also collusion between the DNC and Russia. The reasonable extension of those two conclusions is that the actual collusion was and is between all three organizations: the DNC, the FBI, and the nation of Russia. I also think there is a reasonable possibility Trump now knows this. If so, the meeting on Monday could expose the FBI/CIA.

TheRedneck

There is no doubt that the DNC and FBI have been collaborating together, like Dastardly and Mutley.... I'm just waiting for the day of justice being applied to these knuckleheads.

Eventually the FBI and DNC will be gutted for election fraud and Russian collusion.... it's why Rosenstein and his minions are squirming like weasels.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Rapidly approaching two years ... Next May. Lol
They investigated Hillary for five years. Bill for four years. Nixon for four.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

They don't like him at all in the UK. 87% disapproval rate.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lol. Yeah? Where are those indictments?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I don't think Schumer and the others are actually trying to prevent the meeting. They just want to spin it into something more negative, while Trump wants to spin it positive. But of course everyone has the right to take them at face value when they say cancel the meeting, that's just fair.

That's a fair enough assessment, and pretty much where I was until I started considering the happenings of the week in whole. The fiasco of Strzok's hearing literally left me scratching my head. The Republicans were frustrated; that much was clearly evident, to the point of coming across as authoritarian. The Democrats were trying everything conceivable to stop or at least derail the hearing; several didn't even mention the bias issue in their speech, preferring to talk about DACA or crime or immigration. And of course, Strzok sat there with his smirk of superiority, almost as though he was there to prosecute Congress. That just made me start wondering what was really going on behind the scenes, since I do not subscribe to the "they're dumb" explanations.

I think you're hyping up the meeting with Putin too much. It's not like he'll sit there like some Bond-villain and start explaining his plans to Trump. Technically it could be a good time for some sort of revelation or change of Pace in Trump's PR, maybe just because it's such a big and symbolic event, meeting with the Russian leader. But in the current situation I expect it'll just be a formality.

LOL, no, no, sorry if I gave the impression that was what I was expecting. I like James Bond movies, but I also realize they are a fantasy designed for public consumption.

I was actually thinking more along the lines that Trump could get some information or possibly concessions from Putin that would lead to further investigations. At the risk of further triggering some of the more... excitable?... posters in this thread, I consider Trump a pretty deft and intelligent negotiator, quite capable of accurately reading his opponent.

Though it'd be interesting if they pulled some sort of 4d move to disarm Trump's opponents.

Yes, I agree... but then again, with what has transpired this past week, could we actually survive an actual such revelation at this time? The ire is already going to be astronomical come November...

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The agreements were made in 2006 and no one has changed a thing.

Very few are following those agreements either. They pledged to do so.

Trump lies about everything. Every frigging thing.

If Trump every says the words "I am lying," your head is going to explode.

Macron said he's a liar. No one agreed to change a thing.

No one did agree to change the 2%. They just agreed to abide by it.

His visit is being categorized as a disaster.

By you. No surprise.

Anything to add about the possibility of governmental inter-agency collusion with the FBI and Russia? Or can you not stay on topic?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Eventually the FBI and DNC will be gutted for election fraud and Russian collusion.... it's why Rosenstein and his minions are squirming like weasels.

I am still trying to understand what is going on behind the eyeballs of Rod Rosenstein. Par the Constitution, the US Congress has unrestricted oversight of the FBI, including all documents classified or not. Yet, he had the audacity to openly accuse Congress of trying to "extort" the FBI by asserting their legal authority. He was implicated in the questionable FISA documents. He has consistently refused to comply with legal Congressional orders. He has pretty much usurped Sessions' role as Attorney General. And his name has come up in relation to Strzok (although at the moment I can't recall that relationship).

Yet, Trump and Sessions still allow him to act as Deputy Attorney General. That makes zero sense to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
this topic makes me to angry to comment and it's to early, commenting to revisit later when I'm in the mood, thanks for the thread

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Rapidly approaching two years ... Next May. Lol

The investigation started on the Trump campaign Russia issue in 2016 during the campaign itself. Remember Carter Page?

They investigated Hillary for five years. Bill for four years. Nixon for four.

For multiple crimes. The Hillary email investigation started during the campaign when it became public knowledge that she had operated an illegal email server during her SoS tenure. It concluded (improperly IMO) when Comey pronounced her innocent but guilty before the election.

Bill Clinton was never investigated over Hillary's emails. Nor was Nixon.

Those things in front of you are called "words." They mean things.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Lol. Yeah? Where are those indictments?

Where are the indictments on Trump?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join