It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, he does use it that way. I use my car to drive to work. Does that mean everywhere I drive is work?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes, he does use it that way. I use my car to drive to work. Does that mean everywhere I drive is work?

Of course not silly.

But you're not the President and your car is not his Twitter. I think they call that a false analogy.

His Twitter is the way he has chosen to speak DIRECTLY to the American people! It's not even comparable to what you do on YOUR Twitter.

That's his lifeline, the way he sends messages directly from his heart to all of us. It's almost ... sacred, in a way.

Shame on you for comparing that to your old car!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The policy has always been the sanctions will not be lifted until denuclearization is done. The Trump admin said this before, during and after the meeting. And the Tweet said the threat is gone though he might have called that one a bit early. It never said they were going to change policy.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No, it's not. Just because he uses it to talk to the American people does not mean EVERY message is meant ONLY for the American people.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The EOs related to national security aren't suspect, though, that's what I'm saying. They're multifaceted and absolutely depend on what's being done by each POTUS following their signing. My position related to Bush and Obama was that they had the emergency orders in place, but didn't do enough to actually stem the tide of North Korea towards obtaining nuclear weaponry... it was never about the EO declaration of emergency in any way. Similarly, Bush's post 9/11 declaration of emergency against Iraq, not a problem in any way... but then he went on to half-ass a war against Iraq, which was the problem.

Trump said the success of the Singapore summit would make North Korea less of a threat to US security and provides a path forward towards peace and North Korea no longer being any threat, he never said "Oof! North Korea is now magically no threat to the US." In fact, he said the opposite...

This is cautious optimism, which is appropriate.

Look man, this is getting ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Prior to the Singapore meeting being announced, the narrative was "OMG, Trump the warmonger is going to provoke a nuclear war with Korea, OMG! The North Koreans are joining with the South at the Olympics, look at the joys of peace!!! Trump's gravitas will destroy this all, boo hoo!" Then the meeting was announced and it became "Ha Ha, Trump thinks this meeting will matter, how will Kim game him?" Then Trump canceled the meeting after NorK played games and the narrative became "Boooo!!!! Trump just played into North Korea;s hands. OMG, we're going to have nuclear war!!!!" Then, after North Korea BEGGED the US to still meet (an odd thing for someone who had just gamed someone to do, ya?) the narrative became "Oh look at Korea taking steps towards this and Trump has to backpeddle and have the summit now." So the summit happens and we come out of it with the clearest path forward to an actual peace deal we've yet had with the North, so the narrative becomes "Trump takes it in the rear, America gives up huge in exchange for little from North Korea... Kim is liar, will not result in any movement towards peace. Trump fool, video childish, McDonalds bad move for serious discussions, etc." The whole while, Trump has been saying "Look, if North Korea holds their end of the deal and is serious about this, we're on the right path for peace, so celebrate it." "Trump fool! Blah blah! Trump viewing this too optimistically! Trump letting guard down! America military not be prepared now." So today he signs the extension of this order, as was expected from the beginning, and staggeringly it's still the wrong thing to do.

It's utterly ridiculous. And before you say that I'm being hyperbolic on this, no, I'm not. He has literally been teed off on every single step of the way, when he's taken a step that some critical pundit got ruffled previously and said he should be taking, the same pundit then proceeds to hammer him on the step they had just been advocating for! There's a reason the moderates in this country are fleeing from the vocal critics of this administration in droves, they're tired of whiplash.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The policy has always been the sanctions will not be lifted until denuclearization is done. The Trump admin said this before, during and after the meeting. And the Tweet said the threat is gone though he might have called that one a bit early. It never said they were going to change policy.

www.cnn.com...

Now you guys want to talk about sanctions. Congress places sanctions.

This is from the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ... gosh.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, it's not. Just because he uses it to talk to the American people does not mean EVERY message is meant ONLY for the American people.

I'm offended that you would suggest that Trump would play politics on his Twitter feed.

He is NOT a politician, at least according to you guys.

Trump says he uses his Twitter feed to talk to America; pardon me if I trust him over you.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The sanctions are tied to the EO, same as with a number of the Congressional actions present from 9/11 that are directly tied to Bush's post 9/11 EO on Afghanistan and the War on Terror. It's the reason Obama reupped the War on Terror state of emergency each year it came across his desk, despite him publicly saying he was opposed to the action as originally written. He eventually removed one or two sections of it, but left it otherwise intact due to it being the genesis for a number of sanctions and funding mechanisms from Congress.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay, I hear you.

But how do you know? If Obama was a tool of the Deep State and military industrial complex and they want all the nations of the world to stay at war with each other (and that's what Mr. Trump was talking about ending) ... then how do you tell when Obama was working for TPTB and when he wasn't?

I'm sorry you feel like the thread is ridiculous, but I haven't said any of those things you're talking about, you seem to be talking about other people, and I'm not responsible for what they say.

What I'm saying is very simple; I'm worried about Mr. Trump ... and I'm starting to be very suspicious of the folks who are saying this is just business as usual.

Trump is NOT a business as usual politician!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

How far do you think he would get if he did not talk positively about this? You think Kim would cooperate if he started saying Kim's a liar and no way will this work? He'd be out of his mind if he did not tread lightly with his words about this.

Trust but verify is and overused phrase, but it is wise. Seems to be exactly what he is doing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The sanctions are tied to the EO, same as with a number of the Congressional actions present from 9/11 that are directly tied to Bush's post 9/11 EO on Afghanistan and the War on Terror. It's the reason Obama reupped the War on Terror state of emergency each year it came across his desk, despite him publicly saying he was opposed to the action as originally written. He eventually removed one or two sections of it, but left it otherwise intact due to it being the genesis for a number of sanctions and funding mechanisms from Congress.

Right but CONGRESS sets the sanctions. The PRESIDENT declares (or continues) the State of Emergency.

Either we are in an Emergency or we aren't. That kind of double-talk is what Mr. Trump came to Washington to get rid of.

link   

Now I don't know what to believe

"Well, $#!%, I was WRONG ... Trump is EXACTLY What We Need!"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and this bungling boob is now the most powerful man in the world.

Seems like the most powerful man in the world is protecting you.

Were you feeling particularity safe over the last few years knowing your tax $ were arming your countries enemies?

The CIA was busy destabilizing Syria playing cat & dog games with Russia

www.nytimes.com...

Pompeo, recommended to President Trump that he shut down a four-year-old effort to arm and train Syrian rebels. The president swiftly ended the program.

The rebel army was by then a shell, hollowed out by more than a year of bombing by Russian planes and confined to ever-shrinking patches of Syria that government troops had not reconquered. Critics in Congress had complained for years about the costs — more than $1 billion over the life of the program — and reports that some of the C.I.A.-supplied weapons had ended up in the hands of a rebel group tied to Al Qaeda further sapped political support for the program.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

www.cnn.com...

Ah now i see the confusion you just don't know what your talking a out. Those executive orders he signed places sanctions on North Korea. Congress doesn't place sanctions the president does.

So now that you know why he continued them feel better now?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

How far do you think he would get if he did not talk positively about this? You think Kim would cooperate if he started saying Kim's a liar and no way will this work? He'd be out of his mind if he did not tread lightly with his words about this.

Trust but verify is and overused phrase, but it is wise. Seems to be exactly what he is doing.

No, personally, I wouldn't trust Kim Jong Un as far as I could toss him. I absolutely don't think that we can trust North Korea!

But President Trump said differently at the Summit and on his Twitter. The Tweet I quoted is just one time that he talked about North Korea being trustworthy and no longer a threat.

Trump's not like other politicians, Blaine.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We got some deal makers in here, anyone write a book on the art of making deals that maybe became a best seller? A TV show or anything to prove you know better than the "Cheeto"?

No? Dang! good thing I asked, I was a sucker for taking their word for it for a few posts!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Ah now i see the confusion you just don't know what your talking a out. Those executive orders he signed places sanctions on North Korea. Congress doesn't place sanctions the president does.

Congress placed the Sanctions on Russia, and they made Mr. Trump sign them.

I'm not sure you know what YOU'RE talking about. Besides, I linked the letter from Mr. Trump in the OP. Does it say anything about sanctions?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Confusions of Debate Tactics explained and why it's hard to hoist the flag all the way up:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I suggested nothing, I simply showed you the logical error of your post. I am glad you were finally able to understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You so crazy Xuenchen.

I think we can trust Mr. Trump to do the right thing. I mean ...

It's not like he just comes onto his Twitter and says whatever pops into his mind.

HE told us we don't have to worry and to sleep well.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Congress placed the Sanctions on Russia, and they made Mr. Trump sign them.

I'm not sure you know what YOU'RE talking about. Besides, I linked the letter from Mr. Trump in the OP. Does it say anything about sanctions?

Congress doesnt impose sanctions its actually the treasury department that does. Treasury is controlled by the president being the head of the executive branch.

Meaning any sanctions that treasury makes must have an ex executive order attached.

You bought into a fake narrative Congress ratifies treaties and can declare war. They cannot place sanctions it was always trump that did that against russia.

This is why he has said his administration has been far tougher on Russia then others in the past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join