It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My guess is that it has something to do with military funding...

Mo problems mo money

why stop the cash cow just cause the threat is no longer

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Gryphon66

All you need to know is that The President of the United States lies constantly. That should end your confusion.

I hear you Middle and as some of these folks have said, somewhat off-topic, I obviously haven't been a big Trump fan.

But they keep telling us over and over that we can trust him. They're right about one thing, he is certainly NOT like any other President before ... talking DIRECTLY to we the People on Twitter, showing us that he's human, etc. etc.

... and he said on Twitter that the threat from NK was GONE. Not diminished, not lessened, not reduced, not under watch ...

Gone.

And now it's not.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So you actually believe NK still has nuke facilities?

I suspect those were wrecked by special forces operations.

Some people know what's going on.

The Strategy goes way above what many people are "thinking" and what the MSM is reporting.

See Ya

😎

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: notsure1

You don't find these messages confusing?

I could see how maybe an Autistic or slightly retarded person might find this confusing.

But to most people its pretty clear.

I'm not autistic or slightly retarded as can be seen plainly from my posts.

It almost seems like you're trying to derail the discussion; please don't. I'm not the topic.

You are putting a tweet on par with a WH National Emergency Policy. Its posts of that nature that lead to the observation above.

The tweet was, "Hey look, NK agreed to disarm its nukes". The Policy memo is, "NK has not disarmed yet so this policy remains enforced until they do". Nothing happens that fast in world politics. Nothing.

Is it that hard to reconcile the two? Really?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This thread is based on a false premise.

Trump tweeting NK is no longer a threat is one thing.

Cancelling the National Emergency is another thing altogether.

Trump made the correct move.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So you actually believe NK still has nuke facilities?

I suspect those were wrecked by special forces operations.

Some people know what's going on.

The Strategy goes way above what many people are "thinking" and what the MSM is reporting.

See Ya

😎

Well, you always seem to know things that no one else knows, Xeunchen ... are you saying now that NK is not a nuclear threat? All their nukes have been destroyed? If you understand Mr. Trump's Strategy ... and all that's true ... then why would he himself say TODAY that NK is still a threat and we are still in a National Emergency???

That sounds like all those globalists and the military-industrial complex guys have ... what ... gotten to him? Changed his mind from nine days ago on June 13???

I can surely agree with you that Trump's actions are really hard to understand sometimes, but if you understand them, and have all this secret knowledge ... why don't you tell us? Rather than just talking about having the knowledge...

It's almost like you're just teasing us, or ridiculing us, or playing some kind of game ... no offense.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

How is it a false premise?

Are you saying Trump didn't release what was quoted in the OP today June 22?

Are you saying that Trump didn't Tweet what was shown on June 13?

How is any of that a false statement?

Mr. Trump doesn't mince words everybody tells me, and he always tells the truth when he's talking to the people.

On June 13, he even talked about all the Obama years of treating NK like a threat to empower the needs of the globalists ... and assured us that HE had taken care of all that. That's what he said.

I don't know what you're talking about with this false stuff Rick. It's not false, it's quoted directly from Mr. Trump.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Are YOU feeling OK Gryphon66?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Doesn't seem disconnected to me. NK hasn't disarmed and handed over fissile nuclear materials. Until that happens, there is still a threat.

I absolutely agree North Korea is still a threat. A nuclear-powered threat at that.

Which is why I was so confused when Trump assured us the threat had passed.

Now I don't know what to believe.

Take it from someone who lived through the 60s and 70s (you know, when there were cold war nuclear explosion drills regularly in public schools...that amazingly didn’t turn my generation into Snowflakes). Go on living your life and quit worrying about things you can’t control. If there is a nuclear explosion in your neighborhoid, you’re not going to remember it.

p.s. In reference to OP. There is no contradiction. POTUS met with NK and began a peace process. After that meeting, a path to peace began. That clearly means there is no IMMEDIATE threat from NK (as if there ever was). POTUS has an obligation to try (because Congress can do an end around) and keep sanctions and such until NK is in full compliance with American terms before beginning to lift any such sanctions. It’s really not confusing (unless, of course, you’ve initiated another bash Trump thread and need to inject feigned confusion into the discussion).

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

How is it a false premise?

Are you saying Trump didn't release what was quoted in the OP today June 22?

Are you saying that Trump didn't Tweet what was shown on June 13?

How is any of that a false statement?

Mr. Trump doesn't mince words everybody tells me, and he always tells the truth when he's talking to the people.

On June 13, he even talked about all the Obama years of treating NK like a threat to empower the needs of the globalists ... and assured us that HE had taken care of all that. That's what he said.

I don't know what you're talking about with this false stuff Rick. It's not false, it's quoted directly from Mr. Trump.

He never said he was cancelling the National Emergency. Period.

You forget that SK still plays a huge part in the NE that exists and would not be too happy about that.

WMD's are biological, chemical, and nuclear.

This is a no brainer. If he had cancelled the NE....you or some one else would have made a thread blasting him for that as well. (Which would be well deserved)

Have fun with this nothinburger....I am out of here.
edit on R482018-06-22T15:48:50-05:00k486Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm not trying to make it about you. I just think you missed some of the story that is very important to this and perhaps you're misunderstanding what happened with the EO. At no time was it said that any of the sanctions or things in place would be lifted before NK holds up it's end.

This is basically a non story to be honest.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Mr. Trump told us this on June 13 :

Mr. Trump doesn't lie when he talks to us on Twitter, right.

And right up there on Twitter, he TALKS ABOUT THE OBAMA LIES ... that NK was our "biggest and most dangerous problem" ... and then he told us "no longer - sleep well tonight."

Today, he writes a notice legitimizing all those Obama Exectutive Orders and claiming that we ARE in an Emergency Situation.

Now, you can say whatever you want to, but this is really straight forward.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I'm not trying to make it about you. I just think you missed some of the story that is very important to this and perhaps you're misunderstanding what happened with the EO. At no time was it said that any of the sanctions or things in place would be lifted before NK holds up it's end.

This is basically a non story to be honest.

Well, maybe I missed something in your post to me but you seemed to be making it about me.

Now you're talking about "lifting sanctions" etc. I haven't said anything about that.

Maybe I am looking at it too simplistically, but, Blaine, like you said, we should give Trump credit when he deserves it, right?

He told us all in more than just the Tweet I've copied here that he trusts Kim and North Korea, that all the issues that Obama and the globalists lied about ... were gone. He TRUSTS Kim. He said North Korea was no longer our biggest and most dangerous problem RIGHT UP THERE IN HIS TWEET.

I dunno. I'm going to let you guys discuss it for a while. I think something's up with the President, and I'm worried about him.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Blaine91555

The agreement was just an agreement to start a process.

This is a non story. He would be foolish to not extend that since the process is just beginning.

I don't think this is a non story. I think the point here is both clear and valid. President Trump shouldn't be taking victory laps and making fantastic claims when, as you yourself said (accurately I might add), "The agreement was just an agreement to start a process."

So Trump should have signed the agreement and went around talking crap about Kim because that would accomplish anything?

It is possible to be cautiously optimistic while keeping an eye on your backside.

Trump saying NK wasn't a threat was political posturing letting NK know that he fully expects they will hold to their agreement. It's something gentleman due when they make agreements. And Trump is an expert negotiator.

This is not a contradiction except in the small minds of those who still think the Democrats can win on an I hate Trump platform with no real platform of there own.

And NK isn't really a threat. A NK missile will never make it to a populated area controlled by the US. Both Kim and Trump I am certain are aware of this fact.

edit on 22-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: RickinVa

Mr. Trump told us this on June 13 :

Mr. Trump doesn't lie when he talks to us on Twitter, right.

And right up there on Twitter, he TALKS ABOUT THE OBAMA LIES ... that NK was our "biggest and most dangerous problem" ... and then he told us "no longer - sleep well tonight."

Today, he writes a notice legitimizing all those Obama Exectutive Orders and claiming that we ARE in an Emergency Situation.

Now, you can say whatever you want to, but this is really straight forward.

Just stop

Trump quoted obama and then said
"No longer..."
As in they are no longer the biggest and most dangerous problem

Still a problem . but not the biggest or most dangerous

He never said the problem was "gone"

We all know how you feel about trump. We all know you want this to be something you can "win" on

But you cant. It just makes you look silly

Please just let this false "confusion" go and admit you were either wrong or (if you want to save some face) that you now understand and "confusion" has been clarified .
edit on 22-6-2018 by HomelessWhiteMale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Seems like the tweet was more for NK to see and secondarily reassure people who are concerned about being nuked...a diplomacy tweet if you will, rather than an official declaration of no actual threat. Do you seriously think this is how official peace negotiations work?. You seem comically bitter and hung up on this. I would much rather see the positive progress here regardless of who is behind it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HomelessWhiteMale

Stop what dude? Just repeating what Mr. Trump has said?

The problem with your logic is that Mr. Trump, today, June 22, listed out every one of Obama's EOs that declared the Emergency Situation ... and that's the same thing he was referring to in his Tweet ... and you're right Trump said:

"No longer."

Yet, today, here we are.

I'm glad you decided to weigh in on the issue, but this is not the Mud Pit. It's not about what you think about me.

It should be ONLY about what Mr. Trump said on two difference occasions that DIRECTLY contradict each other.

June 13: North Korea is a threat "No longer."

June 22: A State of Emergency still exists for at least a year.

Those are OPPOSITE in meaning!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You're listening to the fake news again...

Before the summit, Trump explained that he was not going to waste his time with a meeting that did not seem to be realistic and would not revoke sanctions until we had achieved our goals.

During the summit, Trump and Kim signed an official agreement to continue discussions with certain goals in mind.

Immediately after the summit, Trump explained that the summit went very well.

After the summit, Trump stated that we were not going to war with North Korea, as had been predicted by the MSM.

Today Trump extended the sanctions on North Korea.

Not one thing in that list conflicts with the others. The only conflict comes in when one assumes that the MSM was correct when they claimed that Trump was claiming complete victory in all relations with North Korea, or that Trump had declared North Korea to be a friendly nation, or that Trump gave away major concessions to North Korea. None of those were true.

I suggest you listen to what the man says, and quit listening to interpretations of what he said. He talks plainly. Translations are not needed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Seems like the tweet was more for NK to see and secondarily reassure people who are concerned about being nuked...a diplomacy tweet if you will, rather than an official declaration of no actual threat. Do you seriously think this is how official peace negotiations work?. You seem comically bitter and hung up on this. I would much rather see the positive progress here regardless of who is behind it.

I may be wrong, but hasn't Mr. Trump said that he uses his Twitter to communicate DIRECTLY WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

Now, seems to me that you're saying he basically lied on his Twitter? As a "diplomatic" tweet? Do I seriously think WHAT is how official peace negotiations work? Seems to me that a lot of folks here, you included, want to add your own interpretations over what seems to be the simplist thing.

Trump talks to us Americans like a straight shooter on his Twitter ... and now you say that was fake or false?

I thought he wasn't that kind of guy; that's playing politics like all the rest.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I haven't said anything about the "fake news" Redneck. I haven't quoted anything from the news, in fact, I didn't see anything about this on "the news."

Today wasn't about "extending sanctions" ... today Mr. Trump declared North Korea a continuing threat.

A week or so ago, he said they weren't.

I'm not sure why so many folks here are trying to spin this ... it's very very simple.

Further, what he did today is CONTINUING the Obama EOs! He's continuing the ramped up rhethoric, fake news, globalist BS that Obama was supporting ... and this doesn't worry you????

There's really no other way to see it. President Trump had his great success in North Korea, greater than any other modern President ... and now, he's back to acting just like all of them did.

I think the Deep State has a hand in this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join