It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

I suggested nothing, I simply showed you the logical error of your post. I am glad you were finally able to understand.

There you go again.

There's not any logical error. You're talking about cars, and I'm talking about President Trump and his sacred Twitter.

You're not going to confuse the issue. Shame on you for suggesting that Mr. Trump is being political just like all those swamp-critters!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No, but I don't think he is stupid, either. I think Blaine is correct here....Trump is treading lightly and playing polite because he doesn't want to blow it with bluster. NK has already had to have that "come to heel" moment which was started by US bluster making them rattle sabres and culminated in Trump cancelling the summit (before it was back on again).

Either its very touch and go, or its the worst high school love drama ever made. But if i set cynicism aside, it seems most logical that Trump is just showering praise to grease the wheels a little.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sigh...

I think the mechanics of diplomacy are escaping you. I doubt he trusts Kim and he's doing the right thing by keeping the tone possitive. We can agree to disagree and thanks for the interesting conversation Gryph.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Diplomatic =/= Political

It's called making the deal.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, but I don't think he is stupid, either. I think Blaine is correct here....Trump is treading lightly and playing polite because he doesn't want to blow it with bluster. NK has already had to have that "come to heel" moment which was started by US bluster making them rattle sabres and culminated in Trump cancelling the summit (before it was back on again).

Either its very touch and go, or its the worst high school love drama ever made. But if i set cynicism aside, it seems most logical that Trump is just showering praise to grease the wheels a little.

Bluster? President Trump?!? That's just crazy talk Texan. That's what the lying MSM says about him because they don't understand him.

Everything he does is carefully planned out, and he's always a thousand steps ahead.

Right?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The sanctions are tied to the EO, same as with a number of the Congressional actions present from 9/11 that are directly tied to Bush's post 9/11 EO on Afghanistan and the War on Terror. It's the reason Obama reupped the War on Terror state of emergency each year it came across his desk, despite him publicly saying he was opposed to the action as originally written. He eventually removed one or two sections of it, but left it otherwise intact due to it being the genesis for a number of sanctions and funding mechanisms from Congress.

Right but CONGRESS sets the sanctions. The PRESIDENT declares (or continues) the State of Emergency.

Either we are in an Emergency or we aren't. That kind of double-talk is what Mr. Trump came to Washington to get rid of.

It's not double talk, it's lazy lawmaking in some regards. If a Congressional action is directly tied to an existing EO and that EO expires, then the lawmaker actions suddenly are referencing a dead document and are no longer effective. This isn't a presidential problem any more than it was a presidential problem when Obama was in office... it's a Congressional problem of them making laws/sanctions that are so convoluted and interwoven it's near impossible to nix one law without inadvertently nixing a string of related laws. I don't think it's unintentional, either, considering it was that "feature" that made direct elimination of the ACA untennable for both parties.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Diplomatic =/= Political

It's called making the deal.

If you guys are right, we should trust Mr. Trump regardless because he always knows best ... like you say, he's an expert deal-maker.

But he's also an HONEST man ... and he's so good that he can make these deals without using all that UN diplomacy snake-oil.

Shame on you again.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay, I hear you.

But how do you know?

I have no idea...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why is this thread marked breaking?

Why is it a big deal? Trump is keeping his word. He said he would keep pressure on NK. Why in the world would he let this order expire?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Now I don't know what to believe.

Don't listen to tweets or white house websites

Look at what actual boots on the ground - (Your MIC and Pentagon ) is projecting US hegemony around the planet.

The Pentagon Is Planning a Three-Front ‘Long War’ Against China and Russia

fpif.org...

ntous military planning on Earth right now.

Who’s even paying attention, given the eternal changing of the guard at the White House, as well as the latest in tweets, sexual revelations, and investigations of every sort? And yet it increasingly looks as if, thanks to current Pentagon planning, a twenty-first-century version of the Cold War (with dangerous new twists) has begun and hardly anyone has even noticed.

In 2006, when the Department of Defense spelled out its future security role, it saw only one overriding mission: its “Long War” against international terrorism. “With its allies and partners, the United States must be prepared to wage this war in many locations simultaneously and for some years to come,” the Pentagon’s Quadrennial Defense Review explained that year.

Twelve years later, the Pentagon has officially announced that that long war is drawing to a close — even though at least seven counterinsurgency conflicts still rage across the Greater Middle East and Africa — and a new long war has begun, a permanent campaign to contain China and Russia in Eurasia.

“Great power competition, not terrorism, has emerged as the central challenge to U.S. security and prosperity,” claimed Pentagon Comptroller David Norquist while releasing the Pentagon’s $686 billion budget request in January. “It is increasingly apparent that China and Russia want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian values and, in the process, replace the free and open order that has enabled global security and prosperity since World War II.”

Of course, just how committed President Trump is to the preservation of that “free and open order” remains questionable given his determination to scuttle international treaties and ignite a global trade war. Similarly, whether China and Russia truly seek to undermine the existing world order or simply make it less American-centric is a question that deserves close attention,just not today

The New Geopolitical Chessboard This renewed emphasis on China and Russia in U.S. military planning reflects the way top military officials are now reassessing the global strategic equation, a process that began long before Donald Trump entered the White House. Although after 9/11, senior commanders fully embraced the “long war against terror” approach to the world, their enthusiasm for endless counterterror operations leading essentially nowhere in remote and sometimes strategically unimportant places began to wane in recent years as they watched China and Russia modernizing their military forces and using them to intimidate neighbors.

While the long war against terror did fuel a vast, ongoing expansion of the Pentagon’s Special Operations Forces (SOF) — now a secretive army of 70,000 nestled inside the larger military establishment — it provided surprisingly little purpose or real work for the military’s “heavy metal” units: the Army’s tank brigades, the Navy’s carrier battle groups, the Air Force’s bomber squadrons, and so forth. Yes, the Air Force in particular has played a major supporting role in recent operations in Iraq and Syria, but the regular military has largely been sidelined there and elsewhere by lightly equipped SOF forces and drones.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Wow, that is scary.

You think Mr. Trump will let them do that?

Like I said above, I'm worried about him. Some of these things he does seems like the Deep State may be finally wearing him down.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Why is it a big deal? Trump is keeping his word. He said he would keep pressure on NK. Why in the world would he let this order expire?

The letter was just released today from the White House.

Why would he let the order expire? Because Obama is the one who set all these things up against North Korea. And we all know OBAMA is pure Deep State.

You can always trust what Mr. Trump says regardless ... and today he said that North Korea is a serious threat.

You should know this better than anyone BlueAjah ... Trump is always ahead.

I definitely think it's Deep State tricking him into extending this State of Emergency. It's those dang globalists.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

?

If Trump blinks it's breaking news for them.

Personally, I think they truly do like The president but are to afraid to admit it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Whilst you're constantly hand wringing and calling for the partisanship to end how about taking US foreign policy to task.

The US is vying for prominent positioning against Europe Russia and China in the 21st Century, ensuring its economic interest's come 1st.

It would seem that its ok for some to put on the blinkers and faux outrage in the name of "installing gun boat democracy" to further Corporatocracy.

Your tax $ hard at work opening more McDonalds and the "American way of life"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

c'mon you can do it i know you can

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Or you could follow my actual wisdom which is wait and see how it works out and judge Trump based on the end result.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dont you worry yourself one little bit feller
Worrying causes your hair to turn grey
As long as DefCon stays at 5 (Fade Out) there is not much at all to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I haven't said anything about the "fake news" Redneck. I haven't quoted anything from the news, in fact, I didn't see anything about this on "the news."

I wasn't talking about today... I was referring to your skewed interpretation of what Trump said previously. If you just listen to his words, now and then, it all lines up perfectly.

Today wasn't about "extending sanctions" ... today Mr. Trump declared North Korea a continuing threat.

Extending sanctions is exactly what it was about. Trump extended the sanctions already in place. He gave as his reasoning the fact that, until the talks are concluded and disarmament occurs, North Korea remains a credible threat. As long as we are communicating with North Korea, however, we are not going to war with North Korea.

I'm not sure why so many folks here are trying to spin this ... it's very very simple.

The spinning is all coming from you. I am going off Trump's own words, while you are going off a biased interpretation of his words.

Further, what he did today is CONTINUING the Obama EOs!

He's continuing the sanctions in place. Did Obama implement any of those? If so, then yes, he's continuing an Obama EO. So what?

There's really no other way to see it. President Trump had his great success in North Korea, greater than any other modern President ... and now, he's back to acting just like all of them did.

Thank you for demonstrating the spin you are using. Trump had a successful summit that culminated in an agreement to continue talks. He did not bring peace to the Korean Peninsula... yet. That is a success, but not the final goal.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Wow, that is scary.

You think Mr. Trump will let them do that?

Like I said above, I'm worried about him. Some of these things he does seems like the Deep State may be finally wearing him down.

Yeah there's truth in TCoL's post, but it's actually even more complex I believe because there are strategic factions within the TPTB & M.I.C. that disagree on some things. For one, many globalists excitedly see China as the next reigning superpower and have been in a "managing the decline of the U.S. in anticipation" mode for decades now.

Having said that: HOLD THE PRESSES!! Gryph you have both acknowledged the deep state exists and that Trump has been resisting it (at least up until lately in your pov. ) Smoley-moley welcome aboard, Mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join