It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm guessing Trump is using this as leverage in his discussions/negotiations with North Korea.... with a deadline coming up, Trump had to do something. And if he had let it expire, it would have just increased the claims that Trump already gave up too much for too little. So Trump may just be making the most of something that was happening anyway.

That's my thought anyway.

You know Bo, I want to believe that too ... but the President was SO CERTAIN that the threat was over a little over a week ago ... and now he's not?

I just wonder if he's been overtaken by Deep State operatives who made him do this.

I really want to trust the President. This just makes it really difficult.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Im on topic too. Its not confusing at alll.

Well unless you are mentally slow.. or you are trying to make it confusing when in reality you are not confused at all.

You are just partisan..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's obviously strategy to keep pressure on. Weren't you guys the one saying Trump was just being fooled by the same old game?

Apparently he won't let that happen. They know he's serious about both pursuing hard action if NK isn't serious but they also know he will award good faith. The Art of the Deal.

Some of y'all flip-flop on everything as long as you can spin some hate out of it. Great strategy if your end goal is to show never-ending hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Well unless you are mentally slow.. or you are trying to make it confusing when in reality you are not confused at all.

You are just partisan..

The President said one thing and then said the opposite thing. The question is: which do we believe???

My political beliefs have nothing to do with it. Thanks for your responses.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
It's obviously strategy to keep pressure on. Weren't you guys the one saying Trump was just being fooled by the same old game?

Apparently he won't let that happen. They know he's serious about both pursuing hard action if NK isn't serious but they also know he will award good faith. The Art of the Deal.

Some of y'all flip-flop on everything as long as you can spin some hate out of it. Great strategy if your end goal is to show never-ending hypocrisy.

Strategy? So many of you Trump folks have been telling me that I just need to learn to TRUST President Trump, especially through his preferred medium of Tweeting directly to the American people.

President Trump TOLD US on June 13 that we didn't have to worry anymore, the threat was gone.

And now it isn't.

I think the Deep State has gotten to Mr. Trump.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah, I try to ignore the tweets too ... but the President has said that's his way to communicate directly with the American people!

Now, nine days later, he announces that we are still in a state of NATIONAL EMERGENCY with North Korea.

My god .. which is it???

I'm not going to sit here and sell you on his followers "4D chess" theories. But there has been a school of thought that he is taking a Nixon like approach to politics. Seemingly irrational at times, off the cuff, unpredictable... I'm starting to Humor that.

As far as his negotiating, he always takes a crazy stance and works his way down, typical of a NYC billionaire dick.

Take it for what it's worth, but he benefits from people taking the bait while he moves on to something else, it's chaos I tell ya! (though I won't try and say controlled chaos, personally I think he's just letting them ride and seeing where they fall)

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You are just partisan..

The President said one thing and then said the opposite thing. The question is: which do we believe???

My political beliefs have nothing to do with it. Thanks for your responses.

Its only about your hatred for Trump. period. you are not confused.

Its is glaringly obvious in your post history..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm guessing Trump is using this as leverage in his discussions/negotiations with North Korea.... with a deadline coming up, Trump had to do something. And if he had let it expire, it would have just increased the claims that Trump already gave up too much for too little. So Trump may just be making the most of something that was happening anyway.

Why on earth would you trust a president?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What made you think the NK problem is easy to solve?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

What made you think the NK problem is easy to solve?

I absolutely DON'T THINK that the NK problem is easy to solve ... but President Trump said that it was taken care of, that we could sleep easy, that there was no more threat.

Mr. Trump is a man of the People ... he wouldn't tell us that on his OWN TWITTER if it weren't true.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Why on earth would you trust a president?

Well, CS that's the thing. I haven't trusted Mr. Trump, and I've said a lot of mean things about him.

I'm trying though. So many folks here seem to think he's trustworthy, and that we can believe what he says on Twitter.

I'm just wondering what's going on here!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Do you even see how petty you are? It is literally like high school girl stuff..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Doesn't seem disconnected to me. NK hasn't disarmed and handed over fissile nuclear materials. Until that happens, there is still a threat.

I absolutely agree North Korea is still a threat. A nuclear-powered threat at that.

Which is why I was so confused when Trump assured us the threat had passed.

Now I don't know what to believe.

yeah, nihilism is looking pretty good about now, huh?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yup, The Strategy.

It works, has been working, and will continue to work.

Classic.

😎

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm not so sure about that. Even though I don't care for Trump in general, I thought his methods were well thought out. Playing hard-ass with NK would have backfired, this seems to be working quite well. Once the video's hit the general population of NK, it's fair to assume that the agreement was for real. Trust, but verify.

You think he should be talking about it like it failed? Maybe run around bad mouthing NK and the deal and expecting it to succeed? You want the bad relations with NK to continue just because you don't care for Trump?

He's kept the pressure on while maintaining a positive attitude about it working out. Yes, it's a non story, because his extending this does not run counter to anything that's happened. Unless of course a person embellishes the facts so far.

I will not be voting for him or a Democrat next time, but I will applaud the things he's done right, like this.

You pretending this extension is counter to anything that's been said means perhaps you are not up to speed on this topic? It was never said that the sanctions or other actions would stop. In fact it was made clear that harsher sanctions are waiting if it fails.

Do you want it to fail?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Doesn't that just show that he puts more thought into his decision-making than he does into his tweets?
The continuation is a sensible precaution. Giving it up before seeing true reciprocation would have justified those people who criticise him for giving in to Kim too easily.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

BARACK OBAMA "What we said was, you can keep (your plan) if it hasn’t changed since the law passed."

Good rule of thumb, don't trust presidents (or politicians). Don't trust extremist pundit like figures. Both good rules to follow.

In the professional world, such as at work, I go by trust but verify. In politics I go by verify.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I don't think he's trustworthy at all. I do think in this case the criticism is foolish and unwarranted. The politicians might not care if their petty feuds screw it up, but we should be better than that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'm just wondering what's going on here!!!

You picked the wrong thing to go after him with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join