It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I really want to trust the President.

edit on 6 22 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

(post by vinifalou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I will not be voting for him or a Democrat next time, but I will applaud the things he's done right, like this.

He still has 2 years to win you over, I told a liberal buddy of mine I think by 2020 everyone , well not everyone, is going to like Trump.

He will have changed alot of minds . People start making money again (and they are the economy is booming) and keep making it the left doesnt have a candidate that would even stand a chance.

edit on 22-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Chinese are also taking American jobs while having the lowest unemployment in history.

At the same time our jobs are going to Chinese they are also staying here being taken by Mexicans while unemployment is at the lowest point in history.

The Mexicans are taking our Chinese jobs and unemployment is at its lowest so we need tariffs to save the jobs from the Chinese and the mexicans because our unemployment is so low.

The economy is also doing its best in history but we still need tariffs because we are doing so poorly and our jobs need to be saved.

It's a very confusing message just like the rest of the policies.

One thing is for sure we need to save the best jobs possible for imigrants and only allow in the immigrants who can do the very best jobs we have.

And celebrities are corny unless they like trump then they are revolutionaries.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

If he breaks stagnant wages into wage growth, i likely will vote for him.

But to get me to vote at all is going to take a gargantuan effort. I've abstained in protest since 1992.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
It's obviously strategy to keep pressure on. Weren't you guys the one saying Trump was just being fooled by the same old game?

Apparently he won't let that happen. They know he's serious about both pursuing hard action if NK isn't serious but they also know he will award good faith. The Art of the Deal.

Some of y'all flip-flop on everything as long as you can spin some hate out of it. Great strategy if your end goal is to show never-ending hypocrisy.

No matter what Trump does. He'll always be wrong.

This is how the left deflect from the fact that TRUMP IS WINNING.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If he breaks stagnant wages into wage growth, i likely will vote for him.

But to get me to vote at all is going to take a gargantuan effort. I've abstained in protest since 1992.

Thats what I mean I think alot of people are starting to come around.

Having money in your pocket solves alot of problems. Right now people are spending.

Our economy hasnt been this good in 20 years

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm not a Democrat either. I'll give any President credit for what they do right. My views are a bit complex so I won't go off topic here.

If he can solve the NK problem, I'll cheer him, but that does not mean I think he's the right person for the job. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well that meeting worked out. I was skeptical until the NK citizens were told about it which meant it is very real.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

In addition the OP forgets that Trump also refused to lift the sanctions until proof was provided by NK of serious intent by action. The rest is diplomacy and strategy. Love him or hate him he's a President willing to tackle problems--and take the slings and arrows by doing so--that the other globalist posers either sabotaged or kicked down the road in cowardice.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
NK isnt a threat to hardly anything, except for maybe a Chinese buffet restaurant.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Oh, I'm pretty sure he didn't forgot that, since he's obsessed with Mr. Trump doings and tweetings

He just choose not to report that since it goes against his agenda.

I remember he saying weeks ago that Trump was a moron for believing in NK, not imposing any more sanctions and/or giving a gesture of faith to Kim.

Funny how people change their minds so fast.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He is probably just wearing his underwear backwards...

It happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: vinifalou

In addition the OP forgets that Trump also refused to lift the sanctions until proof was provided by NK of serious intent by action. The rest is diplomacy and strategy. Love him or hate him he's a President willing to tackle problems--and take the slings and arrows by doing so--that the other globalist posers either sabotaged or kicked down the road in cowardice.

Man he takes alot from these animals.

I cant believe that twitter feed of his and what people actually say to the POTUS.

It is alarming .

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Seems completely consistent, unless you have been watching CNN.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

All you need to know is that The President of the United States lies constantly. That should end your confusion.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

lol you mean kelly annes twitter feed.

just read it in her voice and it becomes clear...
edit on 22-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

You mean, all the previously Presidents?

Or just this one?

Genuinely asking.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There is a difference between "they're still a threat" and "War is eminent, they're our biggest threat currently." This would seem to be standard exercise of caution alongside optimism and has been done by past POTUS as a matter of routine. The declaration relies on a perception of threat and emergency conditions, but it grants a high degree of flexibility to the POTUS in multiple fronts, including military expenditures, diplomatic efforts, suspension of regulatory red tape related to environmental and situational permitting, etc. They have to dance the dance, which is to say they are granted the power via the declaration of a "threat," so these tend to be harshly worded even through any peace processes. There are also numerous items attached to each of these declarations, so removal of the initial declarations can send reverberations through multiple laws and policies, something which almost certainly needs longer than 2 weeks (the time since the Singapore summit) to detangle from.

Pray for peace but prepare for war seems appropriate here and is always solid advice for our leaders.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Whether I like Trump or don't like him, whether I changed my mind as I wrote this post ... these things matter if we're talking about me and my beliefs, but they shouldn't matter if we're talking about Mr. Trump.

Right? I chose to post this in breaking political news for a reason ... I hadn't heard about on MSM so I tended to trust it.

Mr. Trump's supporters have long told us that he is different, he's not a politician, he doesn't act like a politician and he tells us the truth on his Twitter! That's his chosen forum to end-run around all the media, advisors and political BS.

... and now, within 10 days of telling us all that we could rest and relax because North Korea was no longer a threat, he issues this notice that not only is it a threat, but that we are still in a STATE OF EMERGENCY!

I'm dismayed that you and others are trying to make this about me, Blaine. It's not.

Mr. Trump said one thing directly to the American people on June 13- North Korea is no longer a threat.

Today, Mr. Trump issued a formal statement saying the EXACT OPPOSITE.

These are not small statements, and I would hope, not ones lightly made.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I hear what you're saying Mr. Burdman. I know that the President's job is not an easy one.

But again, all those EOs declaring North Korea a threat came from folks like Obama, and I have heard most of you say that Mr. Obama was working for the globalists and deep state, which I call TPTB.

Mr. Trump WENT to North Korea to stop all that, to sit down with Kim face to face. And he not only did that, but he told us afterwards that he BELIEVED in Mr. Kim's honesty and that we were no longer at risk. And today, he reinstates or continues all those questionable EOs of Mr. Obama and says that NK is STILL A THREAT and we are STILL in a state of EMERGENCY.

If I'm making something up, please call me on it. But I don't think I am.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join