It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: MteWamp

My kids don't learn about gender pronouns all day.

I live in a very liberal state now.

I also teach wrestling and was a competition freak with judo and bjj until about 37 when my shoulders just said dude stop.

It's not so simple. Dylan roof wasn't exactly a liberal.

It's not about gender pronouns specifically. Just substitute whatever the latest liberal indoctrination that toots your horn.

I’d say it probably has more to do with zero-tolerance policies that are often applied to those bulled, while the ones who inflict the torment on the kids go unpunished.

Talking about gender pronouns does drive someone to commit murder.
edit on 5/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

What facts? You presented some absurd nonsense with no causation at all.

In fact history disproves you.

Absurd nonsense.

How much easier do you need it?
Don't argue with me argue the facts.

edit on Ram52518v13201800000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about sending all the politicians into the sun and starting over?

That seems the most possible to have success.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

a reply to: randyvs

What facts? You presented some absurd nonsense with no causation at all.

In fact history disproves you.

Absurd nonsense.

How much easier do you need it?
Don't argue with me argue the facts.

When you present some facts I will.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I woke up to this today.

I kept them home.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

As harsh as it sounds, it might be one of, if not the only, solution that makes a change.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What about sending all the politicians into the sun and starting over?

That seems the most possible to have success.

That may make the world a better place, until the replacement politicians start acting the same way as their predecessors did.

I say we kill all people committing crimes with firearms.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: network dude

Metal detector just goes off... doesn't stop anyone from entering the building. By the time the 75 year old rent a cop working the metal detector knows what is going on, he's been shot and the shooter is in the building.

Kid can't get in school, he will pull fire alarm to make people come out of the school and shoot from parking lot.

There is ZERO that can be done to stop these nut jobs other than being ready to shoot back imho.

Once someone decides they want to go out in a blaze of glory, they will figure out a way. If it ain't guns, it will be a pressure cooker. If ain't a pressure cooker, it will be a car or truck. They will find a way.

Just thinking that trying something that seems to work in airports might be an option for schools. What's to stop terrorists from killing everyone in the TSA line? Hell, everyone there is already pissed off.

link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

a reply to: MteWamp

My kids don't learn about gender pronouns all day.

I live in a very liberal state now.

I also teach wrestling and was a competition freak with judo and bjj until about 37 when my shoulders just said dude stop.

It's not so simple. Dylan roof wasn't exactly a liberal.

It's not about gender pronouns specifically. Just substitute whatever the latest liberal indoctrination that toots your horn.

I live in a liberal state. It has the lowest crime in the country.

I think the problem is people see a binary problem. They can't figure out how to have common ground.

It's not liberals. It's not conservatives. It's people blaming simple divisive issues and stopping their thoughts at that as the reason bad things happen.

Mass shootings and "crime" aren't really the same things...

Crime infers random gun violence which is largely a urban black inner city issue. If you live in a state like Vermont which has a lot of guns but is largely rural and white, you won't see a lot of "gun crime" in a general sense. However, you could still very well see a mass shooting which has nothing to do with crime but having a random nut case at a school or other public place.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: kurthall

How the F is metal dectectors going to help when the shooters are usually , if not always planning to get caught and die... metal detectors stop people from being sneaky...

School shooters are not being sneaky..

School shooters do not look for soft targets..

Metal detectors stop gang bangers and stupid kids playing “show and tell” with their parents guns, from sneaking their guns into school..

You can’t defend against someone who doesn’t care if they get caught and are willing to die to hurt people, with a metal detector....

off the top of my head, I'd say, that metal detectors might stop a kid from entering the school with a weapon. And in my limited ability to think, all I can come up with is without a gun, it's super, duper, hard to shoot anyone.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

To be fair though, now we've created an entry protocol and a choke point. Could be easier to cause mass casualties on a crowd as they enter through a more limited path, slowed by having to empty their pockets of change, phones, wallet, etc.

This is true if you put absolutely no thought into the system and protocol it would fail.

Kids still end up outside the school before school, hell the shooter could just bring the gun onto the bus.

Metal detectors may stop shootings in schools, but it hasn’t solved the problem of the shootings in the first place.
edit on 5/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I doubt it. When people believe they have nothing and no purpose death isn't a big deturent until they are staring at it. In that case they already committed the crime.

Moat of these kids kill themselves.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Right if you don't consider that then you won't solve anything. However people already have and can plan accordingly.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I doubt it. When people believe they have nothing and no purpose death isn't a big deturent until they are staring at it. In that case they already committed the crime.

that's the part I don't get. Why not just kill yourself, instead of killing innocent kids as well? Could it be that suicide victims rarely make front page news?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

They don't happen frequently and rarely will see mass casualties. Banks get robbed with guns, but rarely are shots fired. Half the time you can rob a bank with just a piece of a paper saying you have a gun when you don't. However, you don't see random mass shootings at banks but cause people will shoot back.

Even from your own link: "Police returned fire, injuring the suspect in the cross-fire. "

You are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, I can find any example where somebody might get one shot off or something, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison to just walking into a poorly defended school shooting unarmed people like fish in a barrel.

Try again..

So are saying that schools should be treated like prisons? Armed guards roaming the halls at all times, maybe a couple sentries placed on top of the school.

Without the access to the actual guns used in the shootings, the shootings would not happen. How do people not understand that?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Right if you don't consider that then you won't solve anything. However people already have and can plan accordingly.

Who, who is this man with all the answers? Who, I demand?

link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's the part I don't get. Why not just kill yourself, instead of killing innocent kids as well? Could it be that suicide victims rarely make front page news?

I think so and they are psychopaths. It's hard to understand a crazy person thoughts.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Fact
court ruling against prayer in public schools.

Fact
court ruling against reading from the
Bible in public schools.

Fact
1980 court ruling against the ten
commandments in any public venue.

Fact
Before all this in a Christian founded
school system kids went to school with
thier hunting rifles still in their trucks.
And there were bullies in those days as well.
School shootings did not exist.

The trade off.

Fact
Now kids are taught gay is okay
and they're just the result of some
mistakes and mutations. Their lives
have no meaning because science
says there is no God and they just
evolved.

Fact
Secularism is the obvious undeniable
difference. Deny it all you want what's
broken now wasn't broken then.
edit on Ram52518v21201800000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Who, who is this man with all the answers? Who, I demand?

People who don't give up when they reach the first problem?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RickKilgannon

until we have identified the root cause and eliminated the threat, I'd say hell yes. If it's important enough to talk about changing the #ing constitution of the United States, then I'd sure hope it's important enough to talk about some extra security.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: luthier

Fact
court ruling against prayer in public schools.

Fact
court ruling against reading from the
Bible in public schools.

Fact
1980 court ruling against the ten
commandments in any public venue.

Fact
Before all this in a Christian founded
school system kids went to school with
thier hunting rifles still in their trucks.
And there were bullies in those days as well.
School shootings did not exist.

The trade off.

Fact
Now kids are taught gay is okay
and they're just the result of some
mistakes and mutations. Their lives
have no meaning because science
says there is no God and they just
evolved.

Fact
Secularism is the obvious undeniable
difference. Deny it all you want what's