It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

How the F is metal dectectors going to help when the shooters are usually , if not always planning to get caught and die... metal detectors stop people from being sneaky...

School shooters are not being sneaky..

School shooters do not look for soft targets..

Metal detectors stop gang bangers and stupid kids playing “show and tell” with their parents guns, from sneaking their guns into school..

You can’t defend against someone who doesn’t care if they get caught and are willing to die to hurt people, with a metal detector....
edit on 25-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Prayer represents goodness. And when goodness is demonstrated, good things happen, not bad.

Racism would have happened regardless because of how people were raised back in the 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. And it's the older crowd that keeps it alive. Everyone needs to embrace everyone as a human being. They need to be taught by their parents to respect everyone, no matter what the color of their skin, because there is no color. There is only people.

Discipline and proper upbringing begins with the parents. Teach a kid to bully, and they will bully. Teach a kid to respect, and they will be the one who will help others and be well mannered.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

I can teach morality with the categorical imparitive.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sure makes a secular society look like
hell.

edit on Ram52518v44201800000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Edumakated

Any proof of that? I really don’t believe it’s that straightforward. I don’t even think there’s one single thing that can be pinpointed. The media will do and say exactly what is done and said in this thread.

It isn't one single thing, but notice how the school shootings seem to increase the more the media started covering it as an issue since Columbine.

School shootings are infinitesimally rare. However, one cannot ignore that media coverage might give that rare nut job a motivation to do it for the attention it garners. Schools are also woefully soft targets.

I know libs don't like it, but there is a reason these shootings don't happen in banks, police stations, and other places with high security.

link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: olaru12

Sure makes a secular society look like
hell.

We have been since the beginning

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Tell that to anyone who ever saw their deaths comming and prayed to prevent it...

Because guess what?!?! Praying will not stop a bullet from hitting you..

Also I’m pretty sure you got that backwards.. well atleast half way..

You have to teach kids NOT to bully..

You have to teach kids NOT to be racist..

We are built to be tribal. We are built to rape and murder and fight.. just like every other member of the animal kingdom.

Through civilization we have taught ourselves not to do those things..

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why did people who prayed kill black people? 

This is an argument? Really?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Part of the solution is to trick congress, the Senate, and the white house an astroid is coming and they need to get on a spaceship. We then set the coordinates for the middle of the sun and elect people who can try and solve problems, have term limits, and bring people together to solve their own problems.

Charlotte Iserbyte quit the Department of Education under Reagan because she alleges that the US and USSR were conspiring to create a less educated populace. This was in 1980.

Having gone to school during this time, and sent 2 boys to school since then, I can honestly say that she may be full of it...but what she alleges still has happened in the US. We stopped teaching how to think, and instead started teaching what to think. Instead of learning concepts, we memorize facts. So when you say "I know math" what you mean isn't "I know math" but "i've memorized a bunch of formulas". Often without any usable context outside of multiple choice word problems.

I am considered by the people I work with and around to be "mathematical genius". I think we all know the reality is that I am anything but. But the reason for this is because after forgetting everything I "memorized" long enough to pass a test in school, I had to figure it all out again as an adult for my job. So i've learned math. Actually learned math, like when I don't know how to do something I can work through the logic of how to calculate it. There are worlds of difference between knowing math, and memorizing formulas.

You can say the same in every other discipline.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Through civilization we have taught ourselves not to do those things..

Ahh, well there you have it... civilization.

Maybe we are witnessing the fall of it.

No civilization will last forever, just a matter of time and of what brings it down.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Increased maybe... I thought columbine was literally the first one and the media was basically 100% responsible, but did a little looking and the reports of large scale school shootings go back to the mid 1800s.

There are definitely only about 10 between 1800 and 1950 that truely apply, because I think the more targeted single murders are a separate thing. Most just have one victim. I’m guessing it was a “arch enemy” type situation.

But the broad concept that established the “thing to do” if you felt you were being bullied was to kick in the door and kill everyone..

I’m not sure when that started???

Plato?!? Herodotus??!

What was the first hero who kicked in the door and killed everyone for being disrespected..

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Schools sure don’t care about the kids, parents a lot of times don’t care, the last president was elected on the benefits of being devoid of empathy and chastising everyone for their feelings, doctors give out anti-depressants which act on the serotonin system (which shouldn’t be tampered with in growing children), older generations blame the kids, kids blame the parents, gun companies blame mental health, doctors blame guns, and people spend more time arguing who’s fault it is than working towards a solution.

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone why this keeps happening.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Why did people who prayed kill black people? 

This is an argument? Really?

Nope. It's absurd. It's pupose to show how silly yours is.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollymctrollface

originally posted by: kurthall

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

Yes Again and again and Again.

And it will keep happening in the USA as long as the issue remains politicized.

It is media driven. The incessant media coverage is driving people to do it for attention...

Yeah, that's probably it. Not kids being bullied until they snap and get daddys gun and seek revenge.

Kids weren't bullied before 1998?

Hehe. You know the answer to that as well as I do.

Of course they were. Pretty much everybody is bullied at some point in school.

You got over it.

It's just that 30 years ago, kids weren't p*ssies like they are now.

I know I never shot up a school. My kids never shot up a school. My Dad never shot up a school. My Granddad only finished 3rd grade before he had to quit school and start picking cotton because, you know, food and stuff, so no. Not him either.

Of course, 30 years ago they taught math, science, geography, and what not, and didn't spend the day learning about all the new "Gender Pronouns" for the week.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Except we are at the most civilized in history... BY A COUNTRY MILE..

You know what sacking a city was??

Literally it was state/society sanctioned rape and murder..

When an enemy army was at the gates. If you didn’t surrender and instead made them take your battlements. It was understood the soldiers were going likely to rape, loot, enslave and murder every person in the city..

Guess when the last city was sacked??

Berlin in 1945.

School shootings and all the crime and corruption we have is a pittance compared to ANY time of the past..

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I know libs don't like it, but there is a reason these shootings don't happen in banks, police stations, and other places with high security.

I mean because a bank has never been robbed at gun point.

Or a police station has never been shot up Maryland Police Station Shooting
edit on R572018-05-25T10:57:47-05:00kK57Friday10am5 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: raedar

Any proof of that? I really don’t believe it’s that straightforward. I don’t even think there’s one single thing that can be pinpointed. The media will do and say exactly what is done and said in this thread.

It isn't one single thing, but notice how the school shootings seem to increase the more the media started covering it as an issue since Columbine.

School shootings are infinitesimally rare. However, one cannot ignore that media coverage might give that rare nut job a motivation to do it for the attention it garners. Schools are also woefully soft targets.

Mass shooters choose schools because that’s where their peers are! They don’t evaluate the presence of security and metal detectors and decide on a school because it’s a soft target. They see it as their whole world. Maybe they were bullied and medicated, maybe they were rejected, maybe they are certifiably insane or under the influence of psychotropic drugs, etc! In these cases they either seem to kill their family or shoot up their school or the mall they frequent. This is a small percentage of individuals who have done this. A massive case study needs to be done encompassing all of these shooters that looks at drugs, online habits, entire psychological profile...

...but all that will happen is a gun debate, parent blaming, even a few people here blaming Americans in general.

The media blaming is a scapegoat, and it’s much deeper.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I think it has to do with meds 100% . No one was mentally ill before everyone got on meds

Pretty stupid statement

These SSRI drugs are very popular. Most people never have a problem with them. Consider that depression is not one simple disease but a collection of disorders that present similar symptoms. This is why there are so many different antidepressants. No single drug works for everyone. A psychiatrist often must try several different drugs before they get one that works. As for a GP, who knows if they even know much about them at all.

Now we know that in a certain subset of young people, the SSRI drugs actually exacerbate the depression and makes them more likely to commit suicide. It seems difficult to diagnose this beforehand so the doctor must either observe them closely or avoid giving this drug to them. What if there is a group that tends to kill others rather than commit suicide? The drug could activate this tendency like it does with the suicidal patient.

The fault really lies in the lack of ability to provide a precise diagnosis. These mass murders are such a severe side effect that maybe they should ease off these drugs until they can use them properly.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Increased maybe... I thought columbine was literally the first one and the media was basically 100% responsible, but did a little looking and the reports of large scale school shootings go back to the mid 1800s.

There are definitely only about 10 between 1800 and 1950 that truely apply, because I think the more targeted single murders are a separate thing. Most just have one victim. I’m guessing it was a “arch enemy” type situation.

But the broad concept that established the “thing to do” if you felt you were being bullied was to kick in the door and kill everyone..

I’m not sure when that started???

Plato?!? Herodotus??!

What was the first hero who kicked in the door and killed everyone for being disrespected..

The first mass shooting I am aware of was the UT Austin tower shootings back in 66. Sure there were others prior, but that pretty much set the bar for nutjob shooting random people. I guess technically it could be a "school shooting". When I think of school shootings, I am thinking day care - high school though. I just don't remember hearing about school shootings prior to Columbine and it was a shock to the system when it happened.

There have always been mass killers of some kind. In fact, the worst casualties at a school was with a bomb in 1927 in Bath, MI. Not a gun.

Worst School Massacre in US History

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickKilgannon

I mean because a bank has never been robbed at gun point.

Or a police station has never been shot up Maryland Police Station Shooting

There was also that shooting a couple of years ago on a military base.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join