It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Nope. It's absurd. It's pupose to show how silly yours is.

Silly old facts

edit on Ram52518v05201800000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Of course they were. Pretty much everybody is bullied at some point in school.

You got over it.

It's just that 30 years ago, kids weren't p*ssies like they are now.

Maybe in the old days the kids were the 'p*ssies' and today the kids are not. After all they're payback is much harder now, as far a shootings.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

My kids don't learn about gender pronouns all day.

I live in a very liberal state now.

I also teach wrestling and was a competition freak with judo and bjj until about 37 when my shoulders just said dude stop.

It's not so simple. Dylan roof wasn't exactly a liberal.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: kurthall

How the F is metal dectectors going to help when the shooters are usually , if not always planning to get caught and die... metal detectors stop people from being sneaky...

School shooters are not being sneaky..

School shooters do not look for soft targets..

Metal detectors stop gang bangers and stupid kids playing “show and tell” with their parents guns, from sneaking their guns into school..

You can’t defend against someone who doesn’t care if they get caught and are willing to die to hurt people, with a metal detector....

off the top of my head, I'd say, that metal detectors might stop a kid from entering the school with a weapon. And in my limited ability to think, all I can come up with is without a gun, it's super, duper, hard to shoot anyone.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What facts? You presented some absurd nonsense with no causation at all.

In fact history disproves you.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickKilgannon

a reply to: Edumakated

I know libs don't like it, but there is a reason these shootings don't happen in banks, police stations, and other places with high security.

I mean because a bank has never been robbed at gun point.

Or a police station has never been shot up Maryland Police Station Shooting

They don't happen frequently and rarely will see mass casualties. Banks get robbed with guns, but rarely are shots fired. Half the time you can rob a bank with just a piece of a paper saying you have a gun when you don't. However, you don't see random mass shootings at banks but cause people will shoot back.

Even from your own link: "Police returned fire, injuring the suspect in the cross-fire. "

You are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, I can find any example where somebody might get one shot off or something, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison to just walking into a poorly defended school shooting unarmed people like fish in a barrel.

Try again..

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Of course they were. Pretty much everybody is bullied at some point in school.

You got over it.

It's just that 30 years ago, kids weren't p*ssies like they are now.

Maybe in the old days the kids were the 'p*ssies' and today the kids are not. After all they're payback is much harder now, as far a shootings.

I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say. Could you translate this to English?

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

I know libs don't like it, but there is a reason these shootings don't happen in banks, police stations, and other places with high security.

There was also that shooting a couple of years ago on a military base.

The soldiers weren't armed... base rules. If you are talking Fort Hood.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

How the F is metal dectectors going to help when the shooters are usually , if not always planning to get caught and die... metal detectors stop people from being sneaky...

Metal detectors stop gang bangers and stupid kids playing “show and tell” with their parents guns, from sneaking their guns into school..

You can’t defend against someone who doesn’t care if they get caught and are willing to die to hurt people, with a metal detector....

off the top of my head, I'd say, that metal detectors might stop a kid from entering the school with a weapon. And in my limited ability to think, all I can come up with is without a gun, it's super, duper, hard to shoot anyone.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

I had the same thought. If the weapon not in the building, it won't be fired in the building. Seemed like odd logic.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Yes.

My conspiracy mind also wants to know how many of the shooters have association with government entities somewhere in the periphery...CIA, military, etc. Or which shooters were on the radar of government entities, like with Cruz and the FBI.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

But perhaps I'm wrong.

To be fair though, now we've created an entry protocol and a choke point. Could be easier to cause mass casualties on a crowd as they enter through a more limited path, slowed by having to empty their pockets of change, phones, wallet, etc.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They don't happen frequently and rarely will see mass casualties. Banks get robbed with guns, but rarely are shots fired. Half the time you can rob a bank with just a piece of a paper saying you have a gun when you don't. However, you don't see random mass shootings at banks but cause people will shoot back.

Even from your own link: "Police returned fire, injuring the suspect in the cross-fire. "

You are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, I can find any example where somebody might get one shot off or something, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison to just walking into a poorly defended school shooting unarmed people like fish in a barrel.

Try again..

Schools that are armed also have multiple shootings.

Kids aren't afraid to die in that scenario. We are talking about psychopaths out for revenge knowing they will die.

The only real solution is to prevent them from entering the building in the first place and figuring out what set them off and how to prevent people from going nuts.

You would need to arm teachers who are not trained to shoot in stress and panic. All that would do is increase accidents.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There was also that shooting a couple of years ago on a military base.

The soldiers weren't armed... base rules. If you are talking Fort Hood.

That’s the one I was thinking of, but was using it as an example of shootings occurring in places with high security.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I also teach wrestling and was a competition freak with judo and bjj until about 37 when my shoulders just said dude stop.

It's not about gender pronouns specifically. Just substitute whatever the latest liberal indoctrination idiocy that toots your horn.
edit on 25-5-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

link   

But perhaps I'm wrong.

To be fair though, now we've created an entry protocol and a choke point. Could be easier to cause mass casualties on a crowd as they enter through a more limited path, slowed by having to empty their pockets of change, phones, wallet, etc.

This is true if you put absolutely no thought into the system and protocol it would fail.

link   

But perhaps I'm wrong.

So the school shooter shows up as one of the last kids in the morning, the metal detector area isn't crowded & he just starts shooting right then and there taking out the security guard first and continuing through the school.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Metal detector just goes off... doesn't stop anyone from entering the building. By the time the 75 year old rent a cop working the metal detector knows what is going on, he's been shot and the shooter is in the building.

Kid can't get in school, he will pull fire alarm to make people come out of the school and shoot from parking lot.

There is ZERO that can be done to stop these nut jobs other than being ready to shoot back imho.

Once someone decides they want to go out in a blaze of glory, they will figure out a way. If it ain't guns, it will be a pressure cooker. If ain't a pressure cooker, it will be a car or truck. They will find a way.

link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I think it has to do with meds 100% . No one was mentally ill before everyone got on meds

Pretty stupid statement

These SSRI drugs are very popular. Most people never have a problem with them. Consider that depression is not one simple disease but a collection of disorders that present similar symptoms. This is why there are so many different antidepressants. No single drug works for everyone. A psychiatrist often must try several different drugs before they get one that works. As for a GP, who knows if they even know much about them at all.

Now we know that in a certain subset of young people, the SSRI drugs actually exacerbate the depression and makes them more likely to commit suicide. It seems difficult to diagnose this beforehand so the doctor must either observe them closely or avoid giving this drug to them. What if there is a group that tends to kill others rather than commit suicide? The drug could activate this tendency like it does with the suicidal patient.

The fault really lies in the lack of ability to provide a precise diagnosis. These mass murders are such a severe side effect that maybe they should ease off these drugs until they can use them properly.

I believe drugs that act on the serotonin system are not the right drugs to use as anti-depressants. Psychopharmacology has been a hobby of mine for while, studying and reading everything I can about the brain and the way drugs interact with it.

The elephant in the room is dopamine. But thanks to the ingrained moral panic (for lack of a better word) for any substance that directly acts on dopamine receptors we are stuck with SSRI’s. And it isn’t a coincidence that the only useful SSRI’s are the ones that indirectly affect dopamine regulation.

God forbid we give people drugs that actually work and take away depression. We can’t have anything tickling those dopamine receptors directly, because drugs that make you feel good are bad, so just use these SSRI’s with a range of other side effects that really only work because they indirectly effect dopamine receptors..

I want to bang my head into the table sometimes when I realize how oblivious most of the medical community is to what is happening right in front of us.

link   
Maybe, since we're talking about changing gun laws, constitutional rights, we could change the laws punishing people who use guns to commit crimes.

After a person has been found guilty of a crime using a firearm, take them out back and shoot them.

Cause; effect.

Commit a crime using a firearm = you die.

No appeals. No second chances. No nothing.

If you commit a crime using a firearm, you die.

Simple enough in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: luthier

It's not about gender pronouns specifically. Just substitute whatever the latest liberal indoctrination that toots your horn.

I live in a liberal state. It has the lowest crime in the country.

I think the problem is people see a binary problem. They can't figure out how to have common ground.

It's not liberals. It's not conservatives. It's people blaming simple divisive issues and stopping their thoughts at that as the reason bad things happen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join