It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickKilgannon

originally posted by: network dude

off the top of my head, I'd say, that metal detectors might stop a kid from entering the school with a weapon. And in my limited ability to think, all I can come up with is without a gun, it's super, duper, hard to shoot anyone.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

So the school shooter shows up as one of the last kids in the morning, the metal detector area isn't crowded & he just starts shooting right then and there taking out the security guard first and continuing through the school.

Ding Ding Ding!
Exactly.

Completely useless. just like they are at airports. Can't even take a pocket knife on a plane. Stupidity.

If some nutjob is determined to raise a ruckus, they will use whatever they have access to.

Pencil, Pen, Toothbrush ground and sharpened. There are all kinds of potential deadly weapons just laying around.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: roadgravel

I doubt it. When people believe they have nothing and no purpose death isn't a big deturent until they are staring at it. In that case they already committed the crime.

Moat of these kids kill themselves.

that's the part I don't get. Why not just kill yourself, instead of killing innocent kids as well? Could it be that suicide victims rarely make front page news?

Because it’s more than that, they feel slighted somehow, owed something. Look at the columbine kids, look at Elliot roger, they felt outcast by those around them, they sought revenge.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's the Russians! They are interfering with our high schools.

If these kids are this scary in high school wait until they are adults.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: luthier

Fact
court ruling against prayer in public schools.

Fact
court ruling against reading from the
Bible in public schools.

Fact
1980 court ruling against the ten
commandments in any public venue.

Fact
Before all this in a Christian founded
school system kids went to school with
thier hunting rifles still in their trucks.
And there were bullies in those days as well.
School shootings did not exist.

The trade off.

Fact
Now kids are taught gay is okay
and they're just the result of some
mistakes and mutations. Their lives
have no meaning because science
says there is no God and they just
evolved.

Fact
Secularism is the obvious undeniable
difference. Deny it all you want what's
broken now

Those are facts that have nothing to do with causation. Which is what we are talking about.

Secularism has existed since the formation of the country. We are a secular nation.

Here is another fact. Now of your comments have anything to do with this topic.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Many kids get depressed. Teenage years can be tough.

Nowadays kids are growing up in a world where social media status defines you and their brains are suffering from information overload due to everything available online. Add in medication given out at record rates, the attacks on males from the progressives and the glamorization from the MSM on school shooters and more and more are figuring I can go out a celebrity.

We've always had suicidal teens. Now those suicidal teens are choosing the path of celebrity and fame when they end it or cause mayhem.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

I doubt it. When people believe they have nothing and no purpose death isn't a big deturent until they are staring at it. In that case they already committed the crime.

Moat of these kids kill themselves.

Basically means there is no solution. When people kill and have no fear of punishment or death, nothing stops them short of another person beating them to the death blow.

This assumes the cause for their need to act in this way isn't changed.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

They don't happen frequently and rarely will see mass casualties. Banks get robbed with guns, but rarely are shots fired. Half the time you can rob a bank with just a piece of a paper saying you have a gun when you don't. However, you don't see random mass shootings at banks but cause people will shoot back.

Even from your own link: "Police returned fire, injuring the suspect in the cross-fire. "

You are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, I can find any example where somebody might get one shot off or something, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison to just walking into a poorly defended school shooting unarmed people like fish in a barrel.

Try again..

So are saying that schools should be treated like prisons? Armed guards roaming the halls at all times, maybe a couple sentries placed on top of the school.

Without the access to the actual guns used in the shootings, the shootings would not happen. How do people not understand that?

Ok genius, how do you propose we get rid of all 300+ million guns in the US? Confiscation? Because no criminal has every had an illegal firearm, right? Unless we destroy every single gun on the planet, military and police included, there will always be criminals and people who have firearms and may use them against innocent people.

People wouldn't die in plane crashes if we just go rid of planes.

Thousands of kids die every year from TEXTING while driving. Let's just ban texting... it is about saving the kids right?

Let's ban swimming pools. Why should you get to cool off in your backyard when thousands of kids die from drowning?

Don't be silly...

Considering half the kids around my way are already felons, we might as well make them prisons. Seriously, I don't advocate locking the schools down behind razor wire, but people need to know that someone will shoot back. Most banks look pleasant but everyone knows there is someone armed in the bank.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There is no easy solution to school shootings. Metal detectors and armed guards that hang out in the teachers lounge are ineffectual, It's cultural and very complex. If you are an outcast at school, you will become an outlaw that just doesn't give a Sh1t; some of them will retreat into fantasy and some will become violent... How do you deal with that kind of problem? You can't...

You reap what you sow....corinthians 6:7
edit on 25-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

a reply to: eNumbra

Right if you don't consider that then you won't solve anything. However people already have and can plan accordingly.

Who, who is this man with all the answers? Who, I demand?

People who don't give up when they reach the first problem?

I haven’t given up, I’m showing you that metal detectors solve one small facet of the issue. And would be unnecessary if we find and tackle the root cause. Some seem to want to erect some security, wipe their hands clean and pat themselves on the back.

link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Military bases? How about a fence there are plenty of ways to create a parimeter.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I have stated multuple times we need to find the root cause. As a wrestling coach I can tell you I have ideas what that is.

I also think it's literally the only short term effective mitigation technique.

As someone who also competed in marksmanship competitions, three gun races etc, arming teachers isn't a real solution either.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Sad, isn´t it?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Um no that's not a fact.

Don't get upset that I don't even have to try
at all to see exactly what has happened.
edit on Ram52518v37201800000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

OK show causation. What you presented are irrelevant facts with no proof of cause.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Um no that's not a fact.

So you want to force your religion on everyone? That would turn out worse

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

OK show causation. What you presented are irrelevant facts with no proof of cause.

Don't move the goal posts? Show me where
I'm wrong?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Perhaps we as a nation need to look inward. Look at this thread, it has broken down into just an argumentative cluster f**K.

Finger pointing, attacks and slurs....

And we wonder what the problem is....

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Um no that's not a fact.

So you want to force your religion on everyone? That would turn out worse

I'm not forcing anything.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They don't happen frequently and rarely will see mass casualties. Banks get robbed with guns, but rarely are shots fired. Half the time you can rob a bank with just a piece of a paper saying you have a gun when you don't. However, you don't see random mass shootings at banks but cause people will shoot back.

Even from your own link: "Police returned fire, injuring the suspect in the cross-fire. "

You are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, I can find any example where somebody might get one shot off or something, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison to just walking into a poorly defended school shooting unarmed people like fish in a barrel.

Try again..

So are saying that schools should be treated like prisons? Armed guards roaming the halls at all times, maybe a couple sentries placed on top of the school.

Without the access to the actual guns used in the shootings, the shootings would not happen. How do people not understand that?

Ok genius, how do you propose we get rid of all 300+ million guns in the US? Confiscation? Because no criminal has every had an illegal firearm, right? Unless we destroy every single gun on the planet, military and police included, there will always be criminals and people who have firearms and may use them against innocent people.

Thousands of kids die every year from TEXTING while driving. Let's just ban texting... it is about saving the kids right?

Let's ban swimming pools. Why should you get to cool off in your backyard when thousands of kids die from drowning?

Don't be silly...

Considering half the kids around my way are already felons, we might as well make them prisons. Seriously, I don't advocate locking the schools down behind razor wire, but people need to know that someone will shoot back. Most banks look pleasant but everyone knows there is someone armed in the bank.

Said nothing about banning guns, there needs to be laws, like in other countries, where if you have a gun it is required to be locked up separate from ammo. If anyone other than the owner of the gun commits a crime with the gun, without the gun being reported stolen first, then the owner of the gun gets charged with the same crime as the person who committed the crime.

A person know the likelihood that something could happen anytime that they fly or drive a car. A kid should not have to go to school everyday thinking that they could die because another kid stole his dad's gun and decided to kill everyone.

And swimming pools, the cost of insurance to have a swimming pool in your backyard is so expensive anymore, at least where I live, that it is not even worth having one.

And by all means yes lets please ban texting and all cell phones, the world would be better without them.
edit on R522018-05-25T11:52:17-05:00kK52Friday11am5 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Try again..

Don't be silly...

Said nothing about banning guns, there needs to be laws, like in other countries, where if you have a gun it is required to be locked up separate from ammo. If anyone other than the owner of the gun commits a crime with the gun, without the gun being reported stolen first, then the owner of the gun gets charged with the same crime as the person who committed the crime.

A person know the likelihood that something could happen anytime that they fly or drive a car. A kid should not have to go to school everyday thinking that they could die because another kid stole his dad's gun and decided to kill everyone.

And by all means yes lets please ban texting and all cell phones, the world would be better without them.

Most of these shootings already occur with illegally obtained guns. How does making a law prevent that? It is already illegal to commit murder... doesn't seem to stop anything. Are you going to go door to door to make sure every gun is kept unloaded and seperate from ammo?

When someone breaks in your house are you going to tell the suspects to hold on, "Let me go unlock and load my gun?"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join