It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kendrick Lamar calls out white fan after she raps N-word

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So blacks can have their own BET's/Black Entertainment Awards, BMA's/Black Music Awards, magazines like "Ebony"and "Jet", their own cable and radio channels, TV shows "Blackish" and "Empire" and exclusive rights to the N-word, etc......
If you replaced the word "black" with "white" you would be labeled as a Nazi racist, hunted and nailed to a cross. We would never hear the end of it.

She was for sure setup. He knew damn well what he was doing when he called her up on stage.

Hypocrisy is an understatement, racism is very alive and well.

(post by Maroboduus removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Like I've mentioned before, the previous racial detente in this country that was established post-Civil Rights Era was that those things were allowed to exist. Everyone knew about the double standard, but it's likely that you and I were raised without any idea of a "white" culture. Instead, whatever culture we had or thought we had was "American" and we were taught it was everyone's no matter what they looked like or came from. At the same time, we were also aware that there were ethnic sub-cultures that other people belonged to based on their race, but we were raised not to question it or think it all that strange ... well, most of us.

In return, the cries of racism were kept to a minimum and only leveled in very clear instances of racism.

Lately, over the course of past decade or so, these rules have basically been chucked out the window.

Honestly, I blame Critical Race Theory and Intersectionalism and the rise of social justice warriors needing to be "woke."

Can you see how everything has improved?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
So blacks can have their own BET's/Black Entertainment Awards, BMA's/Black Music Awards, magazines like "Ebony"and "Jet", their own cable and radio channels, TV shows "Blackish" and "Empire" and exclusive rights to the N-word, etc......
If you replaced the word "black" with "white" you would be labeled as a Nazi racist, hunted and nailed to a cross. We would never hear the end of it.

She was for sure setup. He knew damn well what he was doing when he called her up on stage.

That's because we don't have to label TV and Hollywood as white. It already is white. The majority of all media in the US is white.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Milkweed

The majority of people in the US are too.

If I went to live in Kenya and got upset that the majority of people on Kenyan TV were black, it would be silly. Of course the majority would be! Most Kenyans are black.

If I went to live in Japan and got upset that the majority of people on Japanese TV were Japanese, it would be silly. Of course the majority would be! Most people in Japan are, well, Japanese.

Somehow, no one bats an eye at how most major sports in this country have a vast over-representation by minorities, but that's likely because most of us prefer they remain meritocracies over percentage representations of society. Of course, that wouldn't satisfy you, I think because then whites would still be dominant in media.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I went to live in Kenya and got upset that the majority of people on Kenyan TV were black, it would be silly. Of course the majority would be! Most Kenyans are black.

If I went to live in Japan and got upset that the majority of people on Japanese TV were Japanese, it would be silly. Of course the majority would be! Most people in Japan are, well, Japanese.

Somehow, no one bats an eye at how most major sports in this country have a vast over-representation by minorities, but that's likely because most of us prefer they remain meritocracies over percentage representations of society. Of course, that wouldn't satisfy you, I think because then whites would still be dominant in media.

I'm well aware of white people being the majority.
Using your example of Kenya. Would it make sense to call it black TV if the majority is black?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Agreed, I was raised to see people for who they were as a person, not by the color of their skin. For that, I'm very grateful to have had the parents I had.
The current trend IMO has done nothing but create more racism and has set us back as a society many years.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed

Using your example of Kenya. Would it make sense to call it black TV if the majority is black?

But the point that was made that you responded to was that if any white person created a group or club or had a forum like this one or even talked about the richness and depth of experience from their unique white culture the way some minorities do, have done, and are allowed to continue doing, we are considered racist.

This is the point of the post I made. Those were the racial rules. Minorities were allowed to do this, and in return, accusations of racism were made rarely.

These days that all been chucked out the window. Thanks to concepts like white privilege, every white person is just more or less racist for being white. This is brought to us by concepts like Critical Race Theory and Intersectionalism. It inspires things like the reason for this OP.

In short, the rules have been broken, so why shouldn't we respond in kind? What exactly prevents us?

And if we did, would things get better? With the introduction of the concepts I've brought up, have things actually gotten better or have they only gotten worse?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

That's because we don't have to label TV and Hollywood as white. It already is white. The majority of all media in the US is white.

So that makes it ok for blacks to label by color but not whites? Personally I think that's a hypocritical crock of crap. Something to consider....Is it possible that it's because only 12.7% of America is black?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But the point that was made that you responded to was that if any white person created a group or club or had a forum like this one or even talked about the richness and depth of experience from their unique white culture the way some minorities do, have done, and are allowed to continue doing, we are considered racist.

This is the point of the post I made. Those were the racial rules. Minorities were allowed to do this, and in return, accusations of racism were made rarely.

These days that all been chucked out the window. Thanks to concepts like white privilege, every white person is just more or less racist for being white. This is brought to us by concepts like Critical Race Theory and Intersectionalism. It inspires things like the reason for this OP.

In short, the rules have been broken, so why shouldn't we respond in kind? What exactly prevents us?

And if we did, would things get better? With the introduction of the concepts I've brought up, have things actually gotten better or have they only gotten worse?

The media, heck literally everything in the US, was a "group" for white people until minorities started to create their own. So is it racist for black people to form their own team in a white dominated playing field?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No its racist because apparently he's done this multiple times to people to get them heckled.....

Dudes trash and a racist

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Back in the 80's and 90's I worked in the TV and film industry. One thing that really stuck out to me were that the crews were a mix of color, bear in mind that there are a lot more whites than minorities in the film industry. This was not the case for shows like the Cosby show and the Jefferson's, the crew members were predominantly black. I always thought it was racist and hypocritical although I didn't take much stock in the fact.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It does seem odd.

If he's so offended at hearing his own lyrics that he needs to stop his own concert... perhaps he should consider writing something better.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Here's the thing though. My point seems to keep sailing right over your head.

Since the Civil Rights Era, there have been minority-exclusive associations, clubs, professional groups, scholarships, periodicals, etc., allowed in this country. With the rise of cable TV, there have also been minority exclusive channels catering to minority populations.

It is and always has been understood by the white population that these are things that are allowed and pretty much exclusive.

You sit there and whine about how dominant culture is "white" simply by virtue of whites being the majority, but I already told you that's not true. Most every white in this country has not been raised to think of it that way. This is *our* culture -- yours and mine. And mainstream media is not exclusive to whites, never has been, nor has it always been a question of simply having "tokens" either.

As far as shows like "The Jeffersons" and "Sanford and Sons," there has been a constant minority presence in mainstream TV. It has not been exclusive to whites in my lifetime, so it is a sad misnomer to call it "white TV."

But for reasons we've already discussed, it is appropriate to understand that most people in a majority white country will be white in the media without calling it racist.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It does seem odd.

If he's so offended at hearing his own lyrics that he needs to stop his own concert... perhaps he should consider writing something better.

Seems more odd to demonize, ostracize, and repeatedly set uo your fan base like that.....

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
LOL!

So Lamar calls a white girl to the stage to rap one of his songs, which she does using his words to his song.

She then gets stopped by Lamar and booed by the fans for saying the n-word.....

How hypocritical can you get?

Rapper Kendrick Lamar called out a white fan on Sunday for not skipping the N-word in one of his songs after inviting her on stage to rap with him.

Source

I find this story ironic as hell.

I wonder what she was supposed to use instead? If this word is OK to use, it's OK to use - there shouldn't be a sort of sacred vocabulary reserved for whites, blacks, scientologists, vegans or people who chew with their mouth open.

(post by vonclod removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well, yeah, and count me as one of them.

I grew up as a younger person singing the lyrics for the band NWA ... and you know what N W A stands for?

But back then, we could use the N word singing rap with our black and white friends, and they didn't care. My black friends even enjoyed the fact I liked NWA.... and I am sure they probably chuckled at me about it, because that was a rare band for a white guy to like, but whatever. It was okay.

What changed? Why?

I am mad the good old days are gone when people could just have fun, and sing whatever music they liked. Wtf?

Yeah, so that makes me an angry white guy who is mad I cannot use the N word.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
He paid her to do this.

Controversy = Fame = Free Advertisement

Now everyone knows who's videos on YouTube to watch.

It's genius actually.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I think you're right.
Sign of a flagging career.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join