It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kendrick Lamar calls out white fan after she raps N-word

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

LOL

2nd

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
A lot of white people in this thread who are obviously mad they can’t say the n-word.

Lmao.

Nah, not mad at all.

Just disappointed that we live in a world where people still think it's ok to tell someone else that they can't do something based solely on the color of their skin.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
EVERYONE knows the majority of black people do not think it's OK for white people to say "n***a".

I think intention is key here though. She was just singing a song that she likes.

I'm unsure why people in general should care anymore if black people think it's ok to say the word or not. The majority of the black community uses it to refer to their friends and other acquaintances. To be offended when someone else uses it in the same context is extremely hypocritical.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's a feeling of power I guess.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Smh.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Everyone on the black side of this argument just needs to lighten up and accept us as your brothers and sisters, like we've all (the sane ones out of all of us) been TRYING to do since the days of MLK... Its not us that is doing the excluding and segregating this time. If anyone thinks she said that with hatred in her heart... or Any negativity... Its obvious she just wanted to fit in and forgot that she isnt actually 100% welcome, but that her presence is merely "tolerated", and thats too bad that some people don't see that

Do you even see the paradox in all that?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Truth hurt a bit?
My "color" doesn't matter; its not my tribal identifier. But the truth is what it is and the truth is that white Americans have taken all this PC crap lying down. No substantive resistance. All out of fear of "offending" someone. And the irony is that the people they're afraid of offending have no problem offending them!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Which is precisely why she's dumb!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Insults will get you everywhere! From behind YOUR monitor.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is why I dont listen to any rap music. Because i know that its not meant for me, as a white person, and I wouldnt be welcomed to enjoy it as i would a different genre (ie singing it out loud, playing it loudly in a car).
This also kinda highlights ONE of the reasons racism is still a thing today. You cant propagate this culture of self segregation and exclude people from it based on the color of there skin, and then expect them not to see you as an "OTHER".

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Clearly Kendrick Lamar is a racist. What a shame, I used to respect his talent, but I cannot respect him as he has basically outed himself as racist.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
This is why I dont listen to any rap music. Because i know that its not meant for me, as a white person, and I wouldnt be welcomed to enjoy it as i would a different genre (ie singing it out loud, playing it loudly in a car).
This also kinda highlights ONE of the reasons racism is still a thing today. You cant propagate this culture of self segregation and exclude people from it based on the color of there skin, and then expect them not to see you as an "OTHER".

Be prepared to be called a white person who just wants to say the n word.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
I cant say the N-word?? You know that ATS does not even censor the word Nigger if you use a capitol letter?? Clearly they forgot how to spell Niger, is that is most likely why it it remains. But I can't talk about '___' and '___' though, what a shame. but if you use a lower case for 'n-word', it than proceeds to rename the word, funny right?

Hey DTOM, I know your going to have my tail for that, but perhaps you should consider fixing the censor to understand the correct spelling for the country Niger. It does not come with two g's .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

OK, so the guy calls up a fan, asks her to sing his song, knowing what the lyrics are, she does, and he gets mad at her for it?

What planet do you live on?!

What do you think she did? Went up there with the thought in her mind that "Oh, goodie! This song has the 'n' word in it ... I can finally, FINALLY, use that word when singing the song and unleash my secret racist urges that all us white folk have and they'll just think I'm singing along ..."

Is that really what you think?!

If so, you're sad.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Milkweed
EVERYONE knows the majority of black people do not think it's OK for white people to say "n***a".

I think intention is key here though. She was just singing a song that she likes.

I'm unsure why people in general should care anymore if black people think it's ok to say the word or not. The majority of the black community uses it to refer to their friends and other acquaintances. To be offended when someone else uses it in the same context is extremely hypocritical.

No one would care if it weren't the blatant and enormous double standard they impose right along with it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well personally black people calling themselves 'n-word's is some stupid # anyway....calling yourself something that was used to demean your entire race does not 'take the word back' or 'make it their word' it just means you think of yourself as a 'n-word'. You don't see other people calling themselves by racist names because it's idiotic. Also...seems like the whole thing was done on purpose....he chose who to call up and the song to perform.
edit on 22/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That word would have essentially eliminated from American vernacular if it wasnt for rap music.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Strong black people, so fragile

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Nope kids all over America call each other Niger when they do something stupid, it isn't until you hit high school that your taught it's not about ignorance but actually race, like using the word faggot isn't just weirdo like in the dictionary, it means you actually are afraid of gay people, not happy gay but like some other thing they now call gay.

These man babies obviously were never taught sticks and stones
I remember my black room mate calling me cracker and 'n-word' sometimes in the same sentence, he went to jail for drinking and driving while I cried my self to a good career.
edit on 22-5-2018 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Queer is wierd, faggot is a bundle of sticks which might not quite be apt unless there are involved in a homosexual orgy? At the end of the day a word is a word, the context surrounding said word decribes intent which give words their power.

A word in effect is no different than a gun, they can't assault anyone on their own accord, they are both just a tool that can be used for either good or bad depending on intent of the person behind them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join