It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas school shooting suspect targeted girl who denied his advances, her mother says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:
(post by Psilocyborg removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: pavil

Part of the problem is everyone that doesn’t get is a victim and bullied. Bring some reality into the mix

Bullying of these already disturbed individuals, not guns, is the source of 95% if the school shootings.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree.

I was born into a generation where computers changed everything, when I was 6 only geeks played on computers. When I was 12 computers were seen as cool... Things have changed a lot.

Two major things I was taught as a kid was, you better learn some manners and you're never too big for a good hiding. A got a few slaps off my parents, it never did me any wrong. I'm generally polite too. These days it isn't unheard of for kids to phone child services on their parents. Once upon a time their was a line between disciplining a child and child abuse.

I loved playing on computers, most kids do but it can quickly turn into an addiction. I guess are parents are too easy these days. I remember fondly being told to get out of the house by my parents, I also remember pretty much begging for a couple more hours out to play. I guess the fears of parents play into things a lot more these days too. It's so easy to hear of bad news.

Kids are supposed to have too much energy ya know? Some of my best memories are going exploring where I shouldn't have or playing soccer all weekend till night came, then we'd all play other games till the parents demanded we come in. Most of the time I was in the house only to eat and sleep.

A lot's changed, I imagine most people in this thread had a childhood like mine... I grew up on that turning point, some reading this might think "that was the good old days" but it wasn't, it was 15-20 years ago!

And I haven't even touched on the social aspect of growing up, kids need to interact. It's that simple. I'll leave it their though and just say I got into a few scraps, got things stolen and bust a few noses...

When the basics of being human are not learnt, it just puts hurdles up for later life. And they're learnt not taught. Apologies for the long post, but it's a large topic tbh.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's just it, everyone is looking for an easy solution, like more gun laws, or in this case, ostracizing certain people. But it's not that cut and dried. This isn't something that can be easily fixed, without a long and difficult conversation that this country isn't willing to have.

I had hope that after Robin Williams died we could finally realize that mental health issues aren't something to be ashamed of, but after a week or two it was right back to normal. Until we're willing to have these discussions, all we're doing is putting band aids on gaping wounds.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Completely agree. Parents are now made out to be villains if they discipline either own child.
I say, a good ass whopping today, prevents a psychotic melt down tomorrow.
Of course within context.
In know way am I saying beat your children.
I'm just saying spankings worked.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Where in that link is any information about columbine pins or any of what you wrote?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's exactly what all parents need to be doing instead of giving their kids free reign over the Internet and not even paying attention to what it is that they're doing on there.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Yup.

It's called parenting. Or so I surmise, since it sounds remarkably like what my parents would have done.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, and that basic machine is no longer good enough because they have to go to school or out anywhere and hear kids talking about what they have that's better. Or getting picked on because they don't have anything better. My kids are small right now. The only thing my oldest really wants is a tablet where she can download games but my old phone is good enough.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Man, I grew up in the country down dirt roads surrounded by woods so my siblings and I were forced to stay outside a majority of the day and on weekends we had to pull weeds in the gardens. We had chores to do every day.

If kids Nowadays were made to do just that they wouldn't be acting the way they do now, they wouldn't have time to! They'd be too pooped to think about doing anything crazy. Instead, they come home and get onto computers or their phones and browse God knows what. It's weird to me.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Yup. I hated pulling weeds...absolutely hated it. But it was that, or not get to do anything with my friends, for the rest of the day.

Let's see...a few chores, like pulling weeds in the garden, feeding the rabbits, chickens, dogs, and cats, then get to spend the rest of the day with my friends doing other stuff. Or complain, and get to stay home all day doing essentially nothing...

Wasn't a hard choice to make.

Then my folks discovered the joys of wood burning stoves... ...and I was old enough to use a chain saw!!! Chores suddenly became fun!! Made some good money, too, selling firewood. Bought an old pick up, well my Dad did, and he'd drive us up into the Nat'l. Forest, and I'd cut firewood, load it, and he'd be on firewatch...though it's still a mystery how much actual watching he did...nap was more like it. I was told the more work I did, the more of the money I got to keep...

Needless to say, I did everything except the driving, 'til I turned 15...then I did that, too.

I'm afraid that many of the kids today, though not all, wouldn't or rather couldn't, do any of that.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, it's tough.

The two kids next door will sometimes come over and play for an hour or so, but now they've discovered Minecraft and the oldest one has her own cell (5th grade). So they are more and more like lumps who never want to go out.

Kiddo will go out if you go with him and help keep him occupied, and occasionally, he'll knock around on his own.

We spent a good penny filling his summer calendar with camps and activities for him (at his request and of his choice), but at least, he'll spend a lot of time out and away from the TV and computer and doing things to stimulate either mind or body and be social while he's at it.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yep. Once the street lights started coming on, the day was over. Time for dinner, some reading, then bedtime.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And we'd come home bloody, covered in mud and dirt, or crying. And more often than not, were told clean up, put a band aid on it, and go eat dinner. Now.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Where in that link is any information about columbine pins or any of what you wrote?

If you are just looking for things to dismiss a topic for then I guess you are not really that interested in it.

Just fingertips away are search words, what pins he wore, what pins the Columbine killer wore, compare the pins for yourself make your own conclusions if there is a connection.

Throughout the thread there are links to published studies and cases of "Columbiners". If there is a death cult spread by social media behind the motives, it is relevant, and it is detectable early and it can be tracked, intervention with possible chances to halt future incidents before they slip under the radar again.

But hey, that would stop your gun grabbing excuses so denial, right?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Crying, schmying...only if I thought I'd get ice cream out of it.

Yes, I'm evil like that.

But yep, play all day, take a shower/bath, eat, go to sleep, do it all again the next day--wrapped around school if it was in session.

Summer, or if school was out, I was never inside. Even in the winter I'd be outside for long periods of time. Chores. Playing.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Right, like parents can fully track these signs, many can't even follow signs that their children are gang bangers now days. Some will still hide it, some will give false indication. These days not even to mention rap fans look like "rockers" reminiscent of Nu Metal. The Soviet Star can represent other things as well, not just being linked how it was in the OP case.

You want to go further into context about this? How about the recent Toronto killer, the kid in California that ran over young girls, etc., what did they have in common besides bullying influencing on their self worth? Topics and sites such as cucks, incels, betas, more demeaning and further catering to inferiority complexes that young men have now days, similar to how women on the net who have eating disorders idolize, and find comfort in Pro Anna(anorexia) forums and sites. Red Pillers are responsible as much.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

My brother and I tended to go big if we came home bleeding. He had a file at the Tripler Army Medical Center that you'd think was a novel.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ah, playing chicken with trees was he??

I managed, somehow, to get out of my childhood without major broken bones, or blood loss... Not quite sure how, but I did.

I waited 'til I was, supposedly, an adult to begin to break things like ribs, shoulders, etc...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join