It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

They will appreciate your presence and thoughtfulness. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Enjoying your vids. On Dreamin' were you using just D - G - A or also Bm? It's late and I'm tired, so I couldn't be sure. Heard the liftoffs on top E (if I heard that right?) and love your very smooth rhythm. You play much cleaner than I do.

Ramjett was fun to watch also (Ok, so was the Bolan Stones tribute band thang), but I was wondering about your kit. Is that a Pearl setup? (Not the hats, obviously, just your basic kit.) Lead guitar/vocal there has wickedly good skills with both hands.

Pity I've only worked professionally as a vocalist. Love to gig with you guys, but I'm woeful on guitar and same on keyboards, much as I love playing them. Just don't have little extra that's real talent.

MIKE!! Hi,
Yeah - I'm not sure what chords the original Blondie song used (I worked it out from memory, then googled the lyrics!!)
I do indeed play D, G then D, A, Bm, G, A.... with the odd wee lift-off!
Ramjett/Bolan Stones etc were all the same band! Just different "incarnations" (for "tax" reasons!!! LOL J/K
The kit IS indeed a chrome Pearl Export series with a mix of Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. (It's a pretty basic (cheap) kit but has great (solid) hardware on it, so it's good and robust for gigging with!)

The main band is no longer together - I left them a few years ago when the main-man (lead guitar/vocals) wanted to "adjust" the split of the money after over 25 years of equal split!!! They did try to carry on with new drummers, but they couldn't make it work.
I set up my own acoustic duo playing guitar & singing and also drummed for another band for about 18 months too.
They did try to reform the original line-up (of the main band) about a year ago but I politely declined.
I haven't played the drums for over a year now. I just wasn't enjoying it as much as before, but am enjoying the acoustic duo thing now that I am more used to being "out front"!

I'd love to hear you sing - if you have any links... hook us up!
I wasn't much of a natural singer or player, I was very clumsy and limited in my range etc but I really enjoyed it, so stuck with it and practiced and practiced and.... you get it!
Eventually if you stick at it enough, you get to the stage where it's passable and if you're very lucky (like me) you find a great bunch of pals who play music around the camp-fire and welcome you in then encourage,inspire and support you in getting better to the stage where you can do your own paid gigs!
I'm still not technically "good" on the guitar. I've never studied music, don't know "keys" or "scales" etc but I can play by ear and quickly join in with stuff I've never heard before, and my voice seems to have improved over the years to the point where people seem to like it now!!! ROFL

ooops - my post has turned into a ramble!
G out

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Gordi got a new kite !

Hehe. Good on ya mate. The tenacity needed to practice enough to get there, is character building to say the least !

Kudos mate ... 👍

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I often enjoy longish, rambling posts -- probably because I'm known (or notorious) for posting so many myself!

About the only recording I currently have online is a version of "Hard Times" I did back in 2011 as a protest song in support of the people in Arkansas who were fighting to get fracking stopped near their towns. I did a thread about it here and included the video I'd uploaded on a Youtube account I set up just for that purpose.

Anyway by some miracle my YT account is still working, so what I'll do is post the video in here and also link to the actual ATS thread, which gives background info on how it came to be.

Thread: Hard Times (and not just in Arkansas...)
Video:

My voice was not the best as I had no warm-up and also did the song as a one-take, because I was getting the studio time free. But all things considered, it could've been worse!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I can actually say Good Morning! I usually get up too late to say that. LOL
Morning for me anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Mike, that was wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Mike,
THAT WAS AWESOME!

Sounds like it's from a movie soundtrack.
Cool as a Cool thing, on a cool bike (made of ice), wearing cool shades, heading south, eating an ice cream in the shade... etc

I love listening to the Blues, but have never mastered the "feel" of playing/singing it, although I did play drums for a blues band briefly!

Thanks so much for posting that!

G

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hey Gordi, you need one of these ladies in your band. I know, I know, you want all 3. LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That was fracking excellent. The piano player was out of this world too.
I'd only heard the Eric Clapton version before but cough cough...I am not a Clapton fan. Well done JustMike!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good morning! Great vid too. I liked watching all the Indian people standing and staring, added an extra dimension. I can only imagine what they were thinking. Probably something along the lines of WTF? or, what is that thing she is playing? Nice covers too even though I do not like Metallica at all it did sound good on the bagpipes.

edit on 23/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hey Gordi, you need one of these ladies in your band. I know, I know, you want all 3. LOL

You're definitely losing it hun..." you may not have lost ALL of your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag!"
(I shared that same video with you in the shed on 28th March!)
What GREAT taste we have though!!! ROFL

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh nooooo. I'm so embarrassed. See what happens when you get old? There's so much info up in my head, there's no room to remember things. LOL!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Light! How are you today? Quiet yet where you are?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Following on from Night Star's entry: HERE on Page 28

Pudge sat down, somewhat deflated... he didn't know what to do now that he'd handed over the Magesphere, there was so much going on here that he didn't understand...

"I hope that Night Star will be able to make sense of that thing... she said that it could foresee events to come?
I only saw the blurry dark shapes of those evil creatures, Night Star herself - standing with a handsome stranger and those numbers... what was it? "53" and "17" swirling around them.
I must say - It was a beautiful thing, but that Magesphere gave me the creeps a bit too."

"Aye, well we'll leave it tae her, she'll know what tae dae wi' it ah'm sure. Now let's you an' me go and see whaur yer wee pal Mixie has gone tae!"

And with that, Gordi scooped up his cloak and set off down towards the village with Pudge the Dwarf at his heels...

When they reached the village, they were relieved to see that some of the villagers had returned and had begun tidying up after the horrific attacks that had taken place. A large pit had been dug, and the bodies of those who had been slain were being laid out along its edge - ready for burial.

"So... many." sobbed Pudge, "...How will we find any trace of such a small thing as Mixie among all this?"

"Wi an honest heart, an' a keen eye! Look yonder..."

Gordi screwed up his eyes, staring intently at the ground by the old cart track that winds out into the woods... and pointed.

"What is... No! It can't be... is it? Why GORDI!!! It's Mixie's little bag of tricks!! Her teeny red velvet pixie-dust pouch, and look... there's a trail of that glittering dust leading off down the cart-track!"

"Ah'll wager the wee lass has seen yon beasts approach, and has "disappeared" hersel' in a cloud of yon dust before the attack started! She's headed off down that track for some reason? Now, let's go see if we can find her, there's no a moment tae lose!"

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What a smooth voice you have!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh I just loved this Gordi! So happy to see that you posted a story entry!
HUGS!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hi Light! How are you today? Quiet yet where you are?

It's like I'm living in a library. (The building is a library, but that's coincidental) I can hear myself think again for the first time in more than 6 months. Let peace (and quiet) rule.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Awesome! That means you can write more for our story right? LOL Not to pressure you or anything. I have no idea what I will write next or when.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Nice job Mike !

( I'll bet you could do a good Tom Waits ! )

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Night,
That dress Is gorgeous, what a wonderful piece of craftsmanship!

It reminds me of the style my high school sweetheart would wear. She was a retro hippy girl in high school, late 80's..we would follow the grateful dead and phish in the Summer when either band would play the eastern seaboard.

By the time she graduated college she was wearing pantsuit's the change was drastic...
Ahh well...

Just Mike,
Thank you for sharing that, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Sheye,
Where have you disappeared too? I hope the brick and mortar world is treating you well hun!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I have been busy irl and don't mean to neglect my fellow shedsters!

/springisspringing-newbeginning-wearestillwinning-devilishlygrinning-headspinning-hugs gang!

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join