It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I've been celibate 17 years ..by choice..I have had opportunities I don't pursue, I'm just happier alone.

My extended family don't get it.. I don't care..

Some people just can't be happy that you are happy, they are not content with that, they want you to live up to their expectations..

Eff those people...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I've been celibate for 10 years. Here's to the next 10! People think I'm weird. It's all good. I am kinda weird, but in a good way. Puff puff pass?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I've been celibate for the last 7 years since the father of my youngest son left. I just felt romantic relationships were not how to find the meaning I search for in life. I also felt the dream of finding The One was a lie fed to me since a child, like so many of society's lies.

I am so content, so fulfilled and much more peaceful without having to navigate through a romantic relationship. I also find my love for others is much more equamonious. Friendships have a elasticity that seems, for me, to span decades. None of my relationships ever lasted longer than 8 years.

Luckily I do have the support of my family and they recognise I am much better when I'm on my own. It is a pain in the arse sometimes when you need "bloke jobs" doing. But the botched drilling can be filled and everything is trial and error.

Yikes, I waffled on. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

First, again , I'd like to tell you how happy I am you found your way to the shed.

Ok

You have such an elegant way of cutting to the heart of the matter yet not losing the subtleties.

I could not have said that better if I spent two weeks crafting a reply.

Thank you for speaking my thoughts!

Ok gang I'm gonna call it a night.

/hugs gang

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You guys know that Gordi is going to have a field day with your talk of spooning your pets. Bahaha! DDIG!

I found it interesting to listen in on the conversation about relationships. I don't even remember the last time I cuddled or even held hands.

My Parents adored each other forever. That was a true and lasting love. They were still holding hands in their eighties and kissing each other goodnight.

edit on 23-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

That was humbling. Thank you ♥

Night Star, that made me belly laugh! My Fido is too skinny to spoon.

It is an awe inspiring thing to see that very rare kind of love your parents have (for surely they still hold hands and kiss wherever they are).

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

that's lovely

i'm happily coupled atm but i totally respect people who are happy on their own too. it has a lot of upside to it.

edit on 23-4-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It made me belly laugh when I first read what they said. OMG! LOL

My Parent's love for each other was amazing. I'm sure they are together now somewhere beautiful and continuing their journey together.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I'm glad to hear you are happily in a relationship and I am happy for those who are happy without one.

Good to see you again!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

you too

i kinda get the best of both worlds right now, husband is home for three months and then gone for three months and so on and so forth.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Do you and Hubby have any special plans while he is home? Romantic dinners perhaps? Long walk on the beach? LOL I'm sure it's nice to just be together after so many months.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

we're more of a chill on the couch kind of couple, but it is nice to have him home. also a little weird at first, hehe.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Nothing like chilling with the one you love.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Another thing I love about being celibate is I don't feel like a sexual object now. Before, there was always the potential of a relationship somewhere out there so I would have this mask on. Make up or clothes that felt appealing. In my younger days I was pretty so there wasn't really much time between my rifling through men, and a few women.

When I decided to become celibate there was a period of limbo. I wondered if I had given up on love. Over the years it's been truly liberating to just feel like a person. To talk to men as people and not potential sexual partners.

When you remove that veil of sexual tension it's like people feel safe to be themselves. There's a lot of bull# tied up in that interplay between two people who may or may not end up having sex. For me, there's an honesty in that celibacy that means I can actually be present with a man, compliment them, laugh and enjoy them now and there's no ulterior motive.

That being said, I do get how a loving committed relationship can be just as fulfilling for others and I absolutely do not think one way is better. Horses for courses.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Is it like meeting again for the first time all fresh and exciting, or do you feel someone is in your space and you need to get used to that?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

both? i miss him like crazy and when he's back i can't wait to be with him... but i also get used to being on my own and develop my own routines that get thrown off when he's back. i really have to brace myself for that, hehe.

like i spend the first month he's gone really missing him, the second month still missing him but getting into my own groove and the third month going he'll be back soon that's great and also weird!

it's an interesting adjustment to have to make.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Whee, relationship talks, cool!

My last one was in 2009. It was fine but ended when i was hospitalized for months due to psychosis.

Can't do one-night-stands. For me, sex is nothing if there are no feelings involved, and those kind of feelings do not appear by talking to someone at a bar for half an hour.

Cornerstones of a working relationship for me are love-respect-trust (not in an order of importance, because if one is missing it does not work anymore) has to be all three, has to be mutual.

When i was younger, like in my teen years, relationships kind of like started automatically (autopilot mode) without much effort. Someone had an empty basement or even a house with parents gone for a weekend, then a bunch of us youngsters went there to drink, one thing led to another, and suddenly i realized that "ok, i seem to have a girlfriend now, great!"

36yo now. Far from that easy now. Women who are about my age, and also accept certain herbal remedies, and are nice and everything, are all spoken for already.

I am not going to get frustrated or bitter though. That would only decrease my chances of finding someone some day.

And good morning! Time to get a second mug of coffee. That is how much i make coffee every morning. One does not wake me up, three gives me some sort of strange anxiety and heart may skip some beats. So i drink two

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Whoa! I just checked out your singing! what a huge amount of skill, passion and dedication! Also a deep masculine voice, but in a clean way, sometimes a deep masculine voice sounds like the man had a triple-whiskey just before singing and then stuffed some sandpaper in his throat, your sound is "clean"

Sometimes music takes me to places inside my mind. Your song did just that. I was in a big cruise boat that was sailing the calm pacific late at night. A bar with only a few people there and your song playing. Drinking alcohol, but not much, and something more classy than a pint of beer. Powerful stuff!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your dog looks friendly and clever. And cute of course!

Ok a hat trick of shed posts. Someone else's turn now.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Jings, an I the only one in a "normal" relationship?? LOL
Is there even such a thing as "normal"???

I wrote a big long paragraph here about my take on relationships, celibacy etc
Then I decided to delete it and sum it up simply by saying:

Just Be You.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join