It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
watched an interesting movie today, called 'whiplash', about a young music student and his over-the-top teacher. jk simmons won an oscar for his role as the teacher. i can't say the implications of the ending sit 100% well with me, but it was compelling to watch.

other than that, life is just life lately. work, maybe moving into a different role, housework, trying to get the dang tub scrubbed, maybe needing to replace my microwave... and grateful for the mild weather of the bay area when so much of the country is overheated right now.

hope you're all well, cheers

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I'll have to look up "Whiplash" now as Simmons is one of my favorite actors and it sounds like a movie I would enjoy.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Dang you folks are mighty quiet for a weekend night. You all forget how to roll around here on a Saturday night? We used to have epic parties!

Damn Girl, I missed you again! I ended up going off to watch a movie and fell asleep. So happy to see you again! We have many Sheddites who have taken to lurking these days for one reason or another. Some are going through a difficult time right now. Are you still in Florida? I forget if that is where you had moved to when you left Rhode Island. Getting old and the memory aint what it used to be. LOL

Tell us how you've been and what you've been up to.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Hi Fiver! Great to see you! We could use a new microwave too as well as a couch and fridge. We just got a new air conditioner as ours decided to die during the extreme heat wave. It's like everything is falling apart at once.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Found the trailer here...

Looks interesting. That teacher seems like a real ass, but I bet it's a good movie.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

With the mouth of a drill sergeant it's a bit rough to watch but I'm getting there.

Edited after watching to add---

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ― Shel Silverstein

edit on 7 8 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Finspiracy

When I was young 30 years ago they had brown rizla in the UK. It was liquorice flavour rizla, I kid you not! Just licking it to roll the cigarette gave you a nasty liquorice taste alone. Awful stuff. Hemp sounds better.

Yeah. I googled "rizla brown" yesterday to see if i could find a good pic to put into my post. And they still have those liquorice flavoured ones. I am suspicious about them.

Just used the last one of those hemp papers. On one hand, it is okay, because in any case i have to smoke my tobacco from a pipe today. My pipe is a very small wooden one, and this amount of tobacco i have now, has to be enough until tomorrow when i can buy more. On the other hand, it is really not cool. It contained 50 papers and i bought them 48 hours ago and now they are gone. This can't go on like this, i need to cut back.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley

Sometimes music makes for the right medicine.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry folks, I have a habit of getting on rather late or getting up too late.

A big warm hello and much love to you all. I can't seem to wake up here. Perhaps a second cup of coffee is in order.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star Perhaps a second cup of coffee is in order.

Hi!

I would like some coffee too, but it would ruin my sleeping. I will have some when i wake up. 22:11 PM here.

Have a good day

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thank you Sweetie! Have beautiful dreams while you sleep!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
opero

I know I am two days off, sorry.

Love your reply to your Fin!

Thank you, it is so nice of you to take time to notice. And it was heartfelt. He is a courage's warrior.

How are you Love?

I must have really bad karma or God thinks I need testing. I am going with bad karma, repercussions for foul deeds you know

I must practice patience, kindness, the fake smile OH NO fake smiles aren't a virtue but very necessary. So I practice over and over again.
Will continue later, I want to catch up and maybe contribute with something nice.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wonderful to see you today Wister!

I was thinking... no matter how old we become, there is always something to learn, something to work on to improve ourselves. It is a continuing journey of discovery and self improvement, at least to the best of our abilities. With that, I will actually do something constructive today like maybe some housework. Dull, but necessary. LOL

I have a dilemma of owning too many things and have to make difficult choices on what to give away. Gah!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

It was so nice to see you. And some odd synchronicity is going on here, but that for later.
Please come back and settle in

Here is a little fireside "magic" for you. Let us spin a tale.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hello Light, you must be my distant cousin sixth removed.
As soon as i think things are going smoothly it turns into crap.
Hugs to you dear.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

/me places a large log gently on the fire...

Yes let's! There's a huge mosquito on my wall that looks big enough to suck the blood out of a donkey and still fly.
edit on 8/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You. I need to come in here and find sanity. Yes, the world is crazy. This is sanity. How odd.
My goal is to learn one new thing every day. Anything. So I get that. But when the people I have to train tell me they "know everything" all I can do is stand back and correct their mistakes. That takes a lot of time.
And my manager is a Narcistic Banshee

I love "house work" I love cleaning, fixing, cutting, putzing in the yard. I just love my home. I will gladly trade a weeks free vacation on a tropical island for having time at home. I have traveled so much the last thirty years I just want to see things grow day by day, enjoy my space.
All I want to do is settle down and listen to the world grow around me. Grow over me.
Hugs my sweet friend.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Hugs to you

You made me wink a tiny tear away, you rascal.
Yes we could sit by the fire and imagine a world where giant mosquitoes are adversaries that teach us a lesson.
Perhaps they are just dragons in disguise.

I have to get back to my core, the place where I care about those who matter, send me a happy thought that I can reach that place again.
edit on 8-7-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There's a huge mosquito on my wall that looks big enough to suck the blood out of a donkey and still fly.

Ahh hahaha! Glad it's in your house and not mine. Mosquitos eat me alive! I'll scratch until I bleed as I would rather hurt a little than to be itchy like that. I would be giving my war cry of "kill it! Kill it!" LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

/me runs away, laughing....

ETA

edit on 8/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join