It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students at Florida high school stage walkout in support of Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
While again I appreciate them showing an interest in the country, and I think its more remarkable because they did it in support of something considered bad by Hollywood many politicians, and many ultra rich.

That said they should have been in class, just like hogg and company learning is the most important thing they can do at this time in their life.

Also lets be honest maybe 10% of them actually understand or care about this issue.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It's always been about gun control.

If they did a "march" every time innocent kids were killed, they'd be busy every weekend in Baltimore, Chicago, LA, New York. . . .

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14 "Fear" motivates the creation of a social contract.
The ruler imposes security and order in exchange for the surrender of certain public freedoms.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you just accept that Republicans are hypocrites, this thread makes sense.

If you just accept that liberals are indoctrinated statists, your posts make sense.

edit on 31-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They should get back into class. They have no clue what they are talking about, same as Herr Hogg and his neo-Nazi youth.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

If you just accept that Republicans are hypocrites, this thread makes sense.

^^^^^collective broad-stroke logic resultant from too many Tidepods, not enough love.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's depressing to watch the good alien samsquanch hunters of ATS turn on each other, while they buy the 2 governments lie.

We should know better.

Political internet bloodsporting in the mudpit is fun, but jesus, the division is getting retarded.

I mean that in the best way.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Mandroid7

Nope. I skipped school to go hunting...along with a good fifteen to twenty percent of my HS, girls and guys.

Nothing was ever said. So long as you got all your work in on time, and most of us did.

We did as well. My Dad got me out every September first for dove season, it was a family tradition.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Sorry. Nope we never skipped class for political reasons...unless bird hunting, or deer hunting was political. That's all.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

First day of deer, and elk seasons, and for me, it was usually every third Friday afternoons. I always got my work in, friends would get the assignments and telephone me with 'em. Monday, I'd turn 'em in with everyone else.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Good times!!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It's depressing to watch the good alien samsquanch hunters of ATS turn on each other, while they buy the 2 governments lie.

We should know better.

Political internet bloodsporting in the mudpit is fun, but jesus, the division is getting retarded.

I mean that in the best way.

It is perhaps not a shock that in this age of cellphone zombies, traffic deaths in the United States have risen....Pedestrian deaths (5,987 fatalities – the highest number since 1990) increased by 9.0 percent; and
Bicyclist deaths (840 fatalities – the highest number since 1991) increased by 1.3 percent.

There’s a social contract to be observed. When you venture forth in public, you assume certain responsibilities should we take a day off from school and march against the Car a very heavy piece of metal.
Or the Cellphone even in nonlethal situations,people ambling with eyes glued to their screens its very distracting.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

yeah!!! these are some real student.....cause theyre pro what i am

So , you stand for the Constitution of the USA ?
Good for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

I hate cell phones. They turn people into zombies, as you mentioned. I've lost count of the number of idiots I've almost hit when they step into traffic without so much as a glance. Then some of them have the temerity to get mad at me! 'course, I am generally saying somewhat rude things at them...

It may be worse where I live because there are three colleges within a ten mile radius, so the zombie supply is rather high, at times.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagullhumansarefree.com...
The next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and find a very good hiding place for your guns, because all its going to take is another false flag shooting and its going to get way out of control.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

20 minutes

About 75 students participated in Friday’s walkout at Rockledge, Florida Today reported. The protest lasted 20 minutes.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee. Although I think that their supporting our second ammendment is good, I can see that they are doing this just to get a free day off of school. Dah, kids skipping school should not be done. I do not support their efforts or the opposing sides efforts to skip school.

hahahah

when the other protest happened they were just little snowflakes trying to get out of school

but not in this instance. this instance is like totally different

These kids were jealous that the snowflakes got out of school so they made their own event. I don't think it is proper to call kids from non-snow areas snowflakes, half of them probably never saw a snowflake.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: staple
a reply to: rickymouse

20 minutes

About 75 students participated in Friday’s walkout at Rockledge, Florida Today reported. The protest lasted 20 minutes.

What are we teaching our kids today? Only twenty minutes? Gee, it probably was not worth the effort.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This is hope. This is a protest (except that Fox News will exploit this the way CNN is exploiting Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg).

Note to those born after 1990: if the teachers allow it and every MSM news source, celebrity, and your parents endorse your cause, you are no more a revolutionary than some Hitler Youth zombie.

It's Easter/Passover. Do a little research. Moses, Jesus, Nathan Hale, Ghandi and Rosa Parks are examples of revolutionaries. It's easy to act tough when the establishment gives you the thumbs up.

Step out of the comfort zone.

Bullying is easy, but wrong.
Hurting people is easy, but wrong.
Blind obedience is easy, but wrong.

HOWEVER

Turning the other cheek is hard, but right.
Helping people is hard, but noble.
Discernment is hard, but as much as God wants you to obey, ask Him for wisdom and you will not be disappointed.

S&F

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Kids fighting for rights they don't have, compared to bone heads who want to take away their own rights before they even have them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join