It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students at Florida high school stage walkout in support of Second Amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If you have a problem with gun violence why are you not in San Fran where the illegal got away with shooting our American Women sitting on the bench. Why are you not in Chicago?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HSANCHEZ.

They don’t have a problem with gun violence. They have a problem with citizens rights. Like ALL fascist ideologies.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Here's some real students, not transplants with CNN mommies and FBI daddies groomed and hogging all the air time to keep the real lifelong classmates from giving their views which are genuine and not scripted.

Source

Beautifully put.

I'm not American, have never owned or even held a gun in my life so far - but for every passing day my support for the ability of Americans to arm themselves increases.

The second amendment specifically states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Words matter - The second amendment doesn't give the right to bear arms, it states that this right shall not be infringed - nobody can take away this right that you already have.

I hope there will be a day when American TV and media aren't so scripted. Since the rest of the world basically only regurgitates news that comes from over thar, our own media is no better.

When there are planted lines in sitcoms about "high fructose corn syrup is just sugar", how much more propagandistic messaging is scattered all over the place?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I jumped the gun. You are right. a reply to: Breakthestreak

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
On is learning rights and traditions, the others are our enemies.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Mandroid7

Nope. I skipped school to go hunting...along with a good fifteen to twenty percent of my HS, girls and guys.

Nothing was ever said. So long as you got all your work in on time, and most of us did.

Don't forget sr skip day!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: seagull

Nope to what?

No you think it's OK to use kids as political pawns?

I was raised in the country around guns, my fam owns a hunting preserve. I am about pro 2nd as it gets.

We skipped out several times too, but just lunch and study halls, not actual classes.

What are you saying seagull dude? I'm not following you

The voice of Florida school students was coopted and stolen by CNN, these students realized they had to do something to go over the top and bypass the MSM who were snuffing out their views. Just like Trump goes over their heads and can communicate directly to the people with a simple tweet, taking the power away from the liberal tyrants.

I'm sure they got a free NRA t shirt and voucher. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Neither set of kids should have skipped school. It should not have been about 2nd amendment with the SJW's is what these kids are saying to me.

Protest before or after school is the right way to do it. Right in front of school, peacefully and show respect for others. Thaa-at would be a good life and civics lesson!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I want to say it before some "poo-poo'er" comes in and says it, but since the Hogg types were puppets of the anti-gun leftists, wouldn't these kids just be considered puppets of the pro-freedom NRA types?

Not saying I am disagreeing with them, but they are just still kids.

Hogg has become a mouth piece that is rallying other impressionable tweens into his cult. He is nothing but a tool being used as the 'face of the children'.

Who has been on the MSM orchestrating this?

So, no. I don't see this as the same whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

yeah!!!
these are some real student.....cause theyre pro what i am

not those other bitch ass students that are not

yeah!!!!

woot

You been drinking burghs lemonade?

?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Good for them!

Using their first amendment rights to support their second amendment rights!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I see it like this, teens can't make decisions because their brains aren't fully developed. They can't think around corners even if it feels as if they can. So if one group was clearly used as pawns against guns and the others were literally not allowed, I see it as just fair if they can have their march as well.

Even if both sides are being used, at least it's equal. So no hypocrisy here at all, just equality.

And now let the adults have their say again.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

My class didn't get one...

We, all of us, were in trouble.

It's a great story...

My high school had/has a creek running through it, and it was, emphasis on the was, tradition to dam it. Hay bales, straw bales, etc... Usually harmless.

Welllll... We might have, just might have, over done it when we decided to do the tradition one better...

Hay bales, check. Burlap bags of rock to hold 'em in place...OK, we can do that. Wrap the bales in tarps to help hold the water back? MMMM...what the Hell, let's do it.

Wellll...we neglected to take into account (oops) that the water might not stay in the creek bed... It flooded out the Commons building...

I'll forever deny being anywhere near that operation. So, too, did everyone else. They were contemplating cancelling everything as punishment... Nobody narked, and they couldn't prove anything. They knew who did it, but no one talked.

I think every senior got called in to have a "talk" with admin. and a deputy sheriff. I know I did...

Still have no idea how we got away with it...not that I was anywhere near it. So that's the story of the senior skip, that wasn't.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You say that like it's a bad thing. Aren't they allowed to voice an opinion contrary to what yours seems to be??

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We're they spoon-fed talking points by someone like CNN did to the students?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I didn't approve of the gun control walkouts, and I don't approve of these.

That said, it's good to see some students who recognize there are deeper issues that can't be solved by ban and confiscate.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

We're they spoon-fed talking points by someone like CNN did to the students?

No, but unlike the leftists, I don't want a tween or group of tweens being a spokesman for something I believe in.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Tiny's post is sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yes.

What is your deeper opinion on the matter though?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And I'll say the same thing that I did about the other side--they should be punished for ditching class.

While I agree with their message, I don't agree with their method.

Let some highschoolers do that in my area on the weekend, and I'd be right there supporting them, but I'm not going to ditch work to do it, even if I can write my own excused absence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join