It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: face23785

What is the point of this weapon?

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

..Competition, get outta here lol

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

So the guy goes in with a pistol. Same thing happens?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Soulece

hold the trigger and it empties the magazine, or hold the trigger and get 1 shot.

That's the difference between Full auto (an actual assault rifle) and an SKS, or AR.

To give an idea, Wife bought me an auto-ordnance Tommy gun (yes the gangster gun from the old movies), and I have had gun ranges not allow me to shoot it. Even though it was semi auto, not full auto, and these people supposedly knew the difference between the two.

This is one of the biggest problems. People are making comments based off what the gun looks like instead of what it actually is.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: seagull

In what way does it work differently than my semi-auto rifle. Only difference is mine has it's original wooden stock. It takes the large capacity mags. It'd be ridiculously easy to build even larger capacity mags in my friends work shop, or in mine, once it's ready to go.

Oh, it's that color that's got you, huh? Black and scary.

An old Texas ranger, whose name escapes me at the moment, once rather tellingly said a pistol is only good enough in a fight 'til I get to my rifle.

Oh, and by the bye, most pistols these days are semi-auto, working exactly the same as that oh so scary rifle, and have large capacity mags available. Mine certainly does.

Zombie invasion...well, they'd certainly be useful in such a nonsensical scenario. But no. But essentially, I have mine because I can. See, I, and the millions of others who own firearms, even those big scary ones you don't like, don't need to justify anything to anyone, much less some one such as yourself who's already made up his/her mind...

What the firing rate between the 2? Only curious to know. And yes, you have your because you can. Thats the problem. Only because you can.

There is no difference. All semi-automatics fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. You guys don't even know the bare minimum to even be involved in this conversation, and you're not open to new information to actually get educated on the subject so you can have the conversation. You just take your ball and go home when you get corrected.

I'm following ya. So then whats the different between an automatic gun and the AK's and AR's that are being used in every shooting as of late?

These are automatic weapons.

Best post of the thread

link   

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

I answered this a page or two ago. Yes. Look at the Virginia Tech massacre. Killed and wounded more people than this guy, and used only handguns.

Even if you limit magazine size, that won't do anything. In almost all of these shootings, the shooters reload at least once. In many of them the shooters reload multiple times. You could train yourself to exchange mags in 1 second over the course of an afternoon, it's not that hard.
edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

This is so horribly sad. Praying for all the victims

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: jimmyx
you know, this talk about banning guns is just that....talk.....nothing will change, more school shootings will happen, more mass shootings will happen....by the way, does anyone think that this has anything to do with Remington getting ready to declare bankruptcy, or the gun manufactures sales slowing down?......nahhhhh.......that would be a conspirecy

What a dumbass comment.

You really think the manufacturers set up a mass shooting in order to sell more guns?

You sound like a Sandy Hook truther.

I mean... Smith & Wesson stock has been going down the dumps lately, basically since Trump was elected it's down almost 75%

Nice 7% bump today though!

m.nasdaq.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

CNN witness or teacher said 6 weeks ago they had training for such thing and thought this was their training drill! The drill saved lives I bet or hope.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Did you not read the post or was it too difficult to understand? I said that the only way to limit shootings in school was to teach our children like we did when school gun violence was low. In other words dump the crazy liberal schooling agenda.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is why magazine limits would do no good:

Look at the description. This is a guy who hasn't practiced in a while, and he's pretty quick. I know in the movies you could bum rush the guy before he's done, but real life doesn't work that way. And with someone who had been preparing and practicing, like most of these mass shooters do, the mag changes will be much faster. Mag limits are nothing but an inconvenience to them, they don't save lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh, my...the guilt. You laid it on so well. /sarc

Only because I can. Yep. What other reason do I need, according to you?

link   

originally posted by: starviego
Most people who wear US Army logo headgear probably have some association with the US Army.

So according to your "logic" you must think all the people walking around with New England Patriots jackets are associated with the team???? Really???

link   
I see more children had to die so a few moral degenerates can have their precious. Yea America, we are number 1 (when it comes to school shootings). I’m guessing now is not the time for gun control discussions. I also just read an article that the nra spent 400 million on the 20116 elections. Let’s hear it for for citizens united while we are at it. I’m sure the dead rotting corpses of the children will really, REALLY, appreciate the thoughts and prayers coming from the right wing hypocrites.

www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 14-2-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: seagull

In what way does it work differently than my semi-auto rifle. Only difference is mine has it's original wooden stock. It takes the large capacity mags. It'd be ridiculously easy to build even larger capacity mags in my friends work shop, or in mine, once it's ready to go.

Oh, it's that color that's got you, huh? Black and scary.

An old Texas ranger, whose name escapes me at the moment, once rather tellingly said a pistol is only good enough in a fight 'til I get to my rifle.

Oh, and by the bye, most pistols these days are semi-auto, working exactly the same as that oh so scary rifle, and have large capacity mags available. Mine certainly does.

Zombie invasion...well, they'd certainly be useful in such a nonsensical scenario. But no. But essentially, I have mine because I can. See, I, and the millions of others who own firearms, even those big scary ones you don't like, don't need to justify anything to anyone, much less some one such as yourself who's already made up his/her mind...

What the firing rate between the 2? Only curious to know. And yes, you have your because you can. Thats the problem. Only because you can.

There is no difference. All semi-automatics fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. You guys don't even know the bare minimum to even be involved in this conversation, and you're not open to new information to actually get educated on the subject so you can have the conversation. You just take your ball and go home when you get corrected.

I'm following ya. So then whats the different between an automatic gun and the AK's and AR's that are being used in every shooting as of late?

These are automatic weapons.

One of my favorite parts of that movie is after Mac runs the minigun dry but he's so freaked he holds the trigger for 10 or 15 more seconds.

Since that movie, I've always wanted a minigun.

For squirrels of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I see more children had to die so a few moral degenerates can have their precious. Yea America, we are number 1 (when it comes to school shootings). I’m guessing now is not the time for gun control discussions. I also just read an article that the nra spent 400 million on the 20116 elections. Let’s hear it for for citizens united while we are at it. I’m sure the dead rotting corpses of the children will really, REALLY, appreciate the thoughts and prayers coming from the right wing hypocrites.

www.opensecrets.org...

Oh so it's my fault? # you.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
on an emotional level I am horrified, but on an intellectual level I am curious what has changed in the last 30 years or so.

I remember in high school everybody that hunted had a gun in their truck at school, many people hunted before school, during the season, some poorer families hunted year round to keep meat on the table.

Yet when things got heated between students nobody ran to grab a gun, heck everyone I knew carried a knife as well.

But pull a knife in a fist fight you got jumped by everyone watching, that was just something you did not do. If you were losing you took your lumps and odds are you were having a beer at a bonfire party that weekend with the guy that thumped you.
So where did our society go so off the rails that this action is considered a viable option in dealing with your issues..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

You are why they can't pass any legislation. You make any kind of meaningful dialogue impossible because your opening argument is that the other side are a bunch of murderers. If it's anyone's fault, it's the fault of people like you.
edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

First off, I challenge you to tell me what in the firing/cocking mechanism operates how differently from any other semi-automatic rifle. There is no difference.

Why is it needed for defense? Different people prefer different firearms for various reasons... weight, size, mass distribution, kickback force, barrel wobble, sight alignment... why do people like different flavors of ice cream?

The AR-15 does not fire any faster than any other semi-automatic... it fires once per trigger pull, as do all semi-automatic rifles. That's what semi-auto means.

As for hunting, I doubt you have ever been. if you had, you would know that a bow and arrow is preferable in some situations, a small caliber is better in others, a handgun is preferable in others, and large caliber is better in still others. Most hunters stick to a certain type of terrain that matches their preferred weapon.

Competition? So you want to get rid of NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL, professional golf, bowling, MLB, etc?

You're really getting good at saying silly things today...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Did you not read the post or was it too difficult to understand? I said that the only way to limit shootings in school was to teach our children like we did when school gun violence was low. In other words dump the crazy liberal schooling agenda.

That was a genuine question. I didn't get the answer to it from you, but got it from somebody else. Thanks for pitching in.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
In two of these photos Cruz is wearing US Army headgear. Did he get that from his recruiter? Is that where he got his training?

He was never in the army.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

First off, I challenge you to tell me what in the firing/cocking mechanism operates how differently from any other semi-automatic rifle. There is no difference.

Why is it needed for defense? Different people prefer different firearms for various reasons... weight, size, mass distribution, kickback force, barrel wobble, sight alignment... why do people like different flavors of ice cream?

The AR-15 does not fire any faster than any other semi-automatic... it fires once per trigger pull, as do all semi-automatic rifles. That's what semi-auto means.

As for hunting, I doubt you have ever been. if you had, you would know that a bow and arrow is preferable in some situations, a small caliber is better in others, a handgun is preferable in others, and large caliber is better in still others. Most hunters stick to a certain type of terrain that matches their preferred weapon.

Competition? So you want to get rid of NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL, professional golf, bowling, MLB, etc?

You're really getting good at saying silly things today...

TheRedneck

Yes, I am posting in here the nfl and nhl are banned. I hunted growing up. Mind blowing, isnt it?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join