It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames2

There were 3 people shot today attempting to breach the NSA that now nobody is talking about.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
you know, this talk about banning guns is just that....talk.....nothing will change, more school shootings will happen, more mass shootings will happen....by the way, does anyone think that this has anything to do with Remington getting ready to declare bankruptcy, or the gun manufactures sales slowing down?......nahhhhh.......that would be a conspirecy

What a dumbass comment.

You really think the manufacturers set up a mass shooting in order to sell more guns?

You sound like a Sandy Hook truther.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yes, bullets can go through glass, but not block walls easily unless high caliber. So if they dead were in hallways and not in classrooms, simple logic dictates that if the majority of the dead are inside, the shooter was also inside, where the fire alarms are also located.

Pretty simple, actually.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
What is the point of this weapon?

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

What's it's purpose? It, of itself, has no purpose. It's the person on the trigger.

Of itself, it's rather cool looking. By itself, it'd make rather a large paper weight.

link   

It's a weapon. What do you think it's for?

We don't have the right to bear arms so we can wear sleeveless shirts.

link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Same here. I have 3 boys ages 14, 11 and 7. The older two hunt with dad and gun safety is a top priority in this house. Never take aim unless you intend to kill the target. Finger outside the trigger guard until you are absolutely ready......you get the point.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Except students were posting videos during the shooting, and it was pretty obvious the kid was inside the school.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It was pretty dumb.

Considering Florida's 10-20 to life law.

link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: face23785
Senator Bill Nelson just now: "The gunman had an AR-15, a high caliber, high rate of fire weapon". Neither of those things are true. AR-15s use .223 which is not high caliber, and it has no higher rate of fire than any other semi-auto handgun or rifle.

This is the kind of drivel that the anti-gun posters in here hear, and believe. You're being misinformed by people who don't know what they're talking about.

I actually hate the AR-15 I bought my husband. To me it is big and bulky and awkward and I just don’t like it.

•The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
Click AR-15 above for link to website

The more I hear the more I don’t understand how he made it into the school. He wasn’t walking around blending in like the normal guy. From interviews it sounds like this school had not only an on-site police officer but security as well.

He shot them outside, apparently.

Went in and pulled the alarm, or went up to the 3rd floor and pulled it.

Valentines day, was he looking for someone?

I think his mom died recently and moved to Broward.

Death, bullying, ugly, teenagers, been happening and probably won't change but the only thing that has changed is how kids are taught to deal with it.

Get bullied at school? Smack the biggest one in the nose, get ur ass kicked but gain respect. Death? Pray and talk it out with someone. Religion used to be ok.

Ugly people have family and friends too, real live people, not social media.
Teens, the worst time in life. Not a kid and not an adult but still treated like one, far too long nowaday.

I hate to sound like a geezer but it was called life, take the good with the bad and deal.

There will always be worse days than others and maybe have a string of bad luck that seems insurmountable.

I was sad that I didn't have the latest Jordans until I met a man that had no feet.

Whatever,

Prayers for the victims and families.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yes, bullets can go through glass, but not block walls easily unless high caliber. So if they dead were in hallways and not in classrooms, simple logic dictates that if the majority of the dead are inside, the shooter was also inside, where the fire alarms are also located.

Pretty simple, actually.

So you're just ignoring the fact that the scenario I laid out was that he pulled the fire alarm and shot people from outside as they packed up around an exit, which is 100% possible and doesn't defy logic at all. Got it.

Next time you're gonna try to be smart, be smarter.

And no fire pull stations are not exclusively inside, as I already corrected you. Just google "outdoor fire pull station". You're wrong.
edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
News out there about Cruz's online presence, all sorts of red flags. So tell me again how the FBI and NSA spying on us all keeps us safe. If they can't stop someone screaming what they're about to do form doing it, what's the point of the national surveillance state?
edit on 14-2-2018 by babyfacebill because: Misspelling

link   

originally posted by: neo96

It was pretty dumb.

Considering Florida's 10-20 to life law.

What's the relevance? Seriously I'm not entirely privy to Florida laws regarding firearms these days.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Soulece
What is the point of this weapon?

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

..Competition, get outta here lol

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It's a weapon. What do you think it's for?

We don't have the right to bear arms so we can wear sleeveless shirts.

Then people who use this weapon for mass murders are on people like you (albeit not literally), because y'all think its ok. You NEED it for hunting, etc, your rights.

What do you really need it for?

link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

Except students were posting videos during the shooting, and it was pretty obvious the kid was inside the school.

That's why I asked, "do we know for sure he got in the school"? And then I explained how it would be possible to have killed people from outside the school. All someone had to do was say what you just said, but instead Liqui had to try to sound smart and tell me my scenario defied logic, which it didn't. He even had to admit that in the next post.

Some people just look for #ing arguments. Try reading what I actually said.

link   
I'm just shocked at how calm and matter-of-fact the students are that I have seen interviewed. It is strange to me that they don't seem to be that emotionally affected by it all. It's almost as if they are describing a day at the movies. Kids seem so detached from reality in any real sense.

Am I missing something? There seems to be few tears and little emotion when describing seeing dead kids on the floor. It's like ho-hum. Maybe they're just in shock.

link   

originally posted by: babyfacebill
News out there about Cruz's online presence, all sorts of red flags. So tell me again how the FBI and NSA spying on us all keeps us safe. If they can't stop someone screaming what they're about to do form doing it, what's the point of the national surveillance state?

They used up all the FISA warrants on Trump.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

What's the relevance?

It was suppose to stop these kind of events.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join