It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am with you, I don't really have a solid idea just some partial ideas, bout the only thing I am certain of is we need to return to the days of gathering together just to talk face to face.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

At some point you decide that it is a waste of your time to reply to some posters. I this case I believe your poster is very young. That would explain it.

Yes, I agree... young, idealistic, and sure he has a better way to make the world a better place. Problem is, we all had those ideas when we were young, but grew up enough to realize they wouldn't work. I still remember the old men laughing at shaking their head when I'd try to tell them how wonderful my ideas were. They weren't laughing at me; they were laughing because they had them too when they were young.

But if I can convince one young-'un of the truth, it'll be worth it.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: roadgravel

I think the biggest problem is we dont lock up psychopaths anymore until they've actually killed a bunch of people. Most of the time we just give them pills we hope they take, which allow them to blend into society better.

We used to put people like this away, but then there was a "movement" and what about their "quality of life" and all this #. What about the quality of life of the people he just killed and maimed?

That doesn't mean we need to go back to the old days where asylums were complete nightmares and people could be locked up for all kinds of silly reasons, but there has to be some middle ground between that and what we have now, where these psychos just go free until they snap because no one wants to take that step.

That was Reagan.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
High school ROTC.

If you think you get the same training in high school ROTC that I did in basic combat training, then you are delusional.

He was probably pulled aside and given the 'special' training. Note the shooter is also alleged to have had a gas mask and smoke grenades.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

How long do you think it takes to reload a handgun? I don't train speed reloading...but I can do it in like a second...def less than 2. My glock holds 14 rounds...well 3 in the mag +1 in the pipe...and that's just my normal mag...and that is .40 caliber, switch to 9mm...even more. Based on what you've said so far in this thread...you won't get any of what I just said.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Any scenario in which I need to defend myself with a rifle, I will chose my AR.

I conceal carry as well. I carry a pistol because carrying a rifle for most of my daily tasks is impractical.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

High school ROTC.

If you think you get the same training in high school ROTC that I did in basic combat training, then you are delusional.

He was probably pulled aside and given the 'special' training. Note the shooter is also alleged to have had a gas mask and smoke grenades.

You can get gas masks and smoke grenades on the internet.

What's it like to live in your movie like fantasy?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree, I carry my pistol with me during the day. I work from home which means unless I'm leaving the house my AR-15 is right there.

link   

originally posted by: uninspired

How long do you think it takes to reload a handgun? I don't train speed reloading...but I can do it in like a second...def less than 2. My glock holds 14 rounds...well 3 in the mag +1 in the pipe...and that's just my normal mag...and that is .40 caliber, switch to 9mm...even more. Based on what you've said so far in this thread...you won't get any of what I just said.

I get all of that. I'm not a dumbass. Is there reports as to how many shots were fired in total? I dont think I have come across this information yet. But you wont get any of what I just said.

link   

originally posted by: starviego

High school ROTC.

Got a link for that?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

The "special" training? ...and what, pray, is the "special" training that high school student ROTC kids receive?

I mean, you know of it, do share with the class.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You can fire just as many shots with a handgun as with an AR-15 or close enough so as not to matter. So you're right I don't get what you're saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired

You can fire just as many shots with a handgun as with an AR-15 or close enough so as not to matter. So you're right I don't get what you're saying.

Really? Then there's no necessary reason we need AR-15's or AK's if we can do just as much with a hand gun. I dont see an argument why need them? I say for science, see where it goes. See how easy it is for a gunman to unload on a crowd from on top in a hotel room spraying non stop into a crowd.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

People like him are exactly why I restrict hunting so tightly on my land. I have too many friends who have had bullets whiz by their head from some kid who shouldn't be allowed to look at a picture of a gun, much less carry one with bullets in it. Hunting can be a very safe sport, or a very very dangerous one depending on who is holding the weapon. Ironically, what color the weapon is doesn't seem to have an impact on safety.

I've taken guns away from friends who knew more than him, and wouldn't let them have them back until we left the woods.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: whywhynot

What is the point of this weapon?

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

..Competition, get outta here lol

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

So the guy goes in with a pistol. Same thing happens?

Did you not read the post or was it too difficult to understand? I said that the only way to limit shootings in school was to teach our children like we did when school gun violence was low. In other words dump the crazy liberal schooling agenda.

That was a genuine question. I didn't get the answer to it from you, but got it from somebody else. Thanks for pitching in.

You did get an answer. Do you accept the answer is the question, or are you going to continue to proceed as if an AR is different than any other semi-automatic gun, even though that's been thoroughly explained to you to be false? We're trying to help you understand the issue, are you learning anything?

If these shooters used pistols, different outcome. If they used rifles like an ordinary non semi automatic one, it would be a different outcome.

No, it wouldn't be a different outcome. There have been mass shootings like this one using only handguns. I told you that 3 times already and you're ignoring it. Where are you getting the idea that the outcome would be different, when it's demonstrable fact that it could've been done with a handgun?

This is the problem. You don't want to get informed. You just want to peddle debunked gun control propaganda. This is why we can't get anywhere on this issue. If you really want to see a solution, I suggest you become more open-minded and start listening to facts from people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than you.

I dont think you understand. The shooting today may not have even taken place. If he went in with a hand gun, who knows, in the time he had to reload, somebody who normally got shot today, would not have. I am very open minded. But if you put a hand gun like a pistol in this kids hands today instead of what he used, and you tell me the outcome has no chance to be different I say you need to think harder. With all due respect.

You don't get it. The VA Tech massacre was done with hand guns. 30 dead 17 wounded. What were you saying about banning AR's stopping this from happening? Curious(don't google) what do you think AR-15 stands for?
I bought my AR for my husband but also for me.
I conceal carry a Shield or an LCP, small easily hidden handguns. I have multiple guns that can easily be hidden on my person at one time without you having a clue. No way I could hide an AR, so at least you should see me coming. The reason I have an AR in my bedroom.....because if I empty my mag, it's bigger I think it will be easier to beat someone with if needed.
Tell me again why I don't need an AR-15 because it would have stopped today's shooting?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Because getting rid of rifles will solve nothing, 0, zilch. The tool isn't the problem, do you accuse the hammer of building the house? How about the car when a drunk driver takes out a family of 3? Tools are tools, people are the problem, your solution is to take the tools away from law abiding citizens. We are right around the corner from anyone being able to just print a firearm, you need to wake up.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: JWill

I keep seeing this said around the net, but I have yet to see the image with him wearing the Maga hat?

I saw it. Saw the ARMY took. Also saw alluh akbur and all kinds of # that should have been reported, to someone. Anybody.
But nope.

The only Maga hat one I've seen from the Instagram account was when his face was was masked. Looking for one of his verified face with it. I seen that Instagram before it was removed, I wonder if it was tampered with and then removed.

Wondering about this because there is a pic being shared that is claimed to be the killer, which it is not. The picture is stolen from a social media group, and of an innocent person.

edit on 14-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I keep seeing this said around the net, but I have yet to see the image with him wearing the Maga hat?

It was fake

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I understand the tool is not the problem, to a degree. I'm not saying it will solve every instance from happening. I know its inevitable with todays society no matter the weapon. The idea is to limit the amount of casualties. I know 100% for a fact the Las Vegas shooting would not go down as it did. I'd rather save 1 life than sit and watch continuous shooting happen with a certain type of gun that allows long range shooting and fast shooting.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

I saw it. Saw the ARMY took. Also saw alluh akbur and all kinds of # that should have been reported, to someone. Anybody.
But nope.

The only Maga hat one I've seen from the Instagram account was when his face was was masked. Looking for one of his verified face with it. I seen that Instagram before it was removed, I wonder if it was tampered with and then removed.

Wondering about this because there is a pic being shared that is claimed to be the killer, which it is not. The picture is stolen from a social media group, and of an innocent person.

I'm not suprised.
People playing politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join