It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Soulece

In what way does it work differently than my semi-auto rifle. Only difference is mine has it's original wooden stock. It takes the large capacity mags. It'd be ridiculously easy to build even larger capacity mags in my friends work shop, or in mine, once it's ready to go.

Oh, it's that color that's got you, huh? Black and scary.

An old Texas ranger, whose name escapes me at the moment, once rather tellingly said a pistol is only good enough in a fight 'til I get to my rifle.

Oh, and by the bye, most pistols these days are semi-auto, working exactly the same as that oh so scary rifle, and have large capacity mags available. Mine certainly does.

Zombie invasion...well, they'd certainly be useful in such a nonsensical scenario. But no. But essentially, I have mine because I can. See, I, and the millions of others who own firearms, even those big scary ones you don't like, don't need to justify anything to anyone, much less some one such as yourself who's already made up his/her mind...

What the firing rate between the 2? Only curious to know. And yes, you have your because you can. Thats the problem. Only because you can.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: Deplorable

What is the point of this weapon?

Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders
'Nuff said.

Same could be done with another gun. A gun acts as a gun.

Also, the Las Vegas shooting never would of occurred.

So ... your ultimate point is to disarm all the law abiding citizens. I get it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They don't care, a death by a gun is the fault of the gun.

Sorry folks suicide is a world of difference from what this scum bag did.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

'Nuff said.

So ... your ultimate point is to disarm all the law abiding citizens. I get it.

They can have guns.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sugarandspice

I'd agree with you there.

What's that old saying...?

Oh, yeah... "Get the # outta the line of fire, and to safety." Then, and only then, dial 911. Do not take pictures. I do believe I'd flip my lid were anyone I know, family wise, that stupidly, well, stupid...

Good luck with that convo.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

'Nuff said.

False. If you ban ARs, the same type of shooting could be accomplished with a gun like this.

All you'd need is some larger magazines

Keep in mind he had a bunch of guns in the room. You could buy 20 guns like that and have them all loaded with higher capacity magazines and never have to reload, when you run out you just grab the next gun.

This is why you guys can't get anywhere, none of your solutions withstand even the slightest bit of scrutiny. Instead of blowing us off because we're just assholes who like guns, maybe you should listen to us. We know more than you do.
edit on 14 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

In what way does it work differently than my semi-auto rifle. Only difference is mine has it's original wooden stock. It takes the large capacity mags. It'd be ridiculously easy to build even larger capacity mags in my friends work shop, or in mine, once it's ready to go.

An old Texas ranger, whose name escapes me at the moment, once rather tellingly said a pistol is only good enough in a fight 'til I get to my rifle.

Oh, and by the bye, most pistols these days are semi-auto, working exactly the same as that oh so scary rifle, and have large capacity mags available. Mine certainly does.

Zombie invasion...well, they'd certainly be useful in such a nonsensical scenario. But no. But essentially, I have mine because I can. See, I, and the millions of others who own firearms, even those big scary ones you don't like, don't need to justify anything to anyone, much less some one such as yourself who's already made up his/her mind...

What the firing rate between the 2? Only curious to know. And yes, you have your because you can. Thats the problem. Only because you can.

There is no difference. All semi-automatics fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. You guys don't even know the bare minimum to even be involved in this conversation, and you're not open to new information to actually get educated on the subject so you can have the conversation. You just take your ball and go home when you get corrected.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: face23785

They don't care, a death by a gun is the fault of the gun.

Sorry folks suicide is a world of difference from what this scum bag did.

Gotta inflate the statistics somehow. Remember when MAIG included terrorists who were shot by police to inflate the "victims of gun violence" stats it was peddling?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

There is no difference. All semi-automatics fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. You guys don't even know the bare minimum to even be involved in this conversation, and you're not open to new information to actually get educated on the subject so you can have the conversation. You just take your ball and go home when you get corrected.

I'm following ya. So then whats the different between an automatic gun and the AK's and AR's that are being used in every shooting as of late?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In two of these photos Cruz is wearing US Army headgear. Did he get that from his recruiter? Is that where he got his training?

edit on 14-2-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
In two of these photos Cruz is wearing US Army headgear. Did he get that from his recruiter? Is that where he got his training?

This is a troll post right?

Anyone can buy US Army headgear.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

..Competition, get outta here lol

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Most people who wear US Army logo headgear probably have some association with the US Army.
edit on 14-2-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I'm just shocked at how calm and matter-of-fact the students are that I have seen interviewed. It is strange to me that they don't seem to be that emotionally affected by it all. It's almost as if they are describing a day at the movies. Kids seem so detached from reality in any real sense.

Am I missing something? There seems to be few tears and little emotion when describing seeing dead kids on the floor. It's like ho-hum. Maybe they're just in shock.

A lot of them weren't in the same building. Its a large campus with multiple buildings.

I did see a few kids breakdown during interviews. So I wouldn't read too much into the anecdotal.

link   

hold the trigger and it empties the magazine, or hold the trigger and get 1 shot.

That's the difference between Full auto (an actual assault rifle) and an SKS, or AR.

To give an idea, Wife bought me an auto-ordnance Tommy gun (yes the gangster gun from the old movies), and I have had gun ranges not allow me to shoot it. Even though it was semi auto, not full auto, and these people supposedly knew the difference between the two.

edit on 14-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm following ya. So then whats the different between an automatic gun and the AK's and AR's that are being used in every shooting as of late?

A fully automatic gun keeps firing as long as you hold the trigger, until it exhausts the ammunition. Those aren't generally available to the public. The AKs and ARs that are being used in shootings are semi-automatic. You pull the trigger, and no matter how long you hold it, only one bullet is going to come out. You have to release it and pull it again to fire another bullet. This is a fact of all semi-automatic rifles, whether it's black and scary looking or it looks like your Uncle Chet's wooden stocked hunting rifle.

And they're actually not used that often they just get a lot of media attention when they are. The majority of firearm murders in the US are committed with a handgun.

link   

These are automatic weapons.

link   

originally posted by: starviego
Most people who wear US Army logo headgear probably have some association with the US Army.

Really? Got a link to the study or did you just make that up?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: queenofswords
I'm just shocked at how calm and matter-of-fact the students are that I have seen interviewed. It is strange to me that they don't seem to be that emotionally affected by it all. It's almost as if they are describing a day at the movies. Kids seem so detached from reality in any real sense.

Am I missing something? There seems to be few tears and little emotion when describing seeing dead kids on the floor. It's like ho-hum. Maybe they're just in shock.

A lot of them weren't in the same building. Its a large campus with multiple buildings.

I did see a few kids breakdown during interviews. So I wouldn't read too much into the anecdotal.

Shock also does funny things to people. The problem is most people have no frame of reference for this type of incident besides what they see in TV and movies, so when they see a victim reacting on live news coverage and it isn't like what Hollywood portrays, they find it strange.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

These are automatic weapons.

One of my favorite parts of that movie is after Mac runs the minigun dry but he's so freaked he holds the trigger for 10 or 15 more seconds.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join