It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If I had to guess, I'd bet he tried and they wouldn't take him. Or he wanted to be but he was a coward and never even tried.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Soulece

It's a weapon. What do you think it's for?

We don't have the right to bear arms so we can wear sleeveless shirts.

Then people who use this weapon for mass murders are on people like you (albeit not literally), because y'all think its ok. You NEED it for hunting, etc, your rights.

What do you really need it for?

All of my weapons are for combat.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
on an emotional level I am horrified, but on an intellectual level I am curious what has changed in the last 30 years or so.

I remember in high school everybody that hunted had a gun in their truck at school, many people hunted before school, during the season, some poorer families hunted year round to keep meat on the table.

Yet when things got heated between students nobody ran to grab a gun, heck everyone I knew carried a knife as well.

But pull a knife in a fist fight you got jumped by everyone watching, that was just something you did not do. If you were losing you took your lumps and odds are you were having a beer at a bonfire party that weekend with the guy that thumped you.
So where did our society go so off the rails that this action is considered a viable option in dealing with your issues..

Nothing you mentioned there is progressive enough, so it had to go.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

He was never in the army.

He was in the ROTC, according to early reports. So there is no doubt he received his weapons training care of the DOD.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: face23785

What is the point of this weapon?

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

..Competition, get outta here lol

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

So the guy goes in with a pistol. Same thing happens?

Did you not read the post or was it too difficult to understand? I said that the only way to limit shootings in school was to teach our children like we did when school gun violence was low. In other words dump the crazy liberal schooling agenda.

That was a genuine question. I didn't get the answer to it from you, but got it from somebody else. Thanks for pitching in.

You did get an answer. Do you accept the answer is the question, or are you going to continue to proceed as if an AR is different than any other semi-automatic gun, even though that's been thoroughly explained to you to be false? We're trying to help you understand the issue, are you learning anything?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

At some point you decide that it is a waste of your time to reply to some posters. I this case I believe your poster is very young. That would explain it.

I commend you for your patience.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

He was never in the army.

He was in the ROTC, according to early reports. So there is no doubt he received his weapons training care of the DOD.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it ROTC gives you basic rifle and pistol safety and marksmanship. Any civilian can get the same training. He got no special training from the military.

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It was the same way when I was in school. In the fall, every pickup, students and teachers, had rifles and/or shotguns in a window rack. Yet, nary a school shooting was to be had, thank God.

There probably weren't any fewer disagreements among kids. I can certainly recall a fair number of them. No guns. No knives. I know some would talk a big game about bringing a knife, but no one ever did.

What has changed?

link   

Then people who use this weapon for mass murders are on people like you (albeit not literally), because y'all think its ok. You NEED it for hunting, etc, your rights.

Ok, I see. Curious as to what scenario a handgun would be insufficient for you? Would you prefer an AR or AK? If so, why?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Generally the same as any other rifle, since it has the same mechanism as any other rifle. It's for hunting, self defense and/or competition. It's just black and look scary, but it works the same as a wooden-stocked semi-auto.

First off, no it does not work the same. Secondly, why is it needed for defense? Can't a handgun do just as much? Or is it because it can fire off more rounds in a short amount of time? Well you would only need that in what, a zombie invasion? Or, war. Hows it for hunting when something else that is less effective on paper can still do the same thing? Surely you cant need that gun to hunt. I mean heck, a bow and arrow is good enough for hunting. And why competition? Why does this matter?

So again, I ask you, what really do we need those type of guns for? At least access to the public?

Um, yes it does work the same as any other semi-auto rifle, whether it has a wooden stock or black composite stock. You're wrong. Any wooden-stocked semi-auto can be fitted with larger capacity mags. Even if the manufacturer doesn't make them, they're easy to get aftermarket and even if they were banned they're remarkably simple to build. They're literally just a box with a spring inside it.

They're for everything I said they're for. You may not like that answer because you have an agenda, but it's 100% true.

My agenda is limiting amounts of casualties. We can have guns. I do not see necessary fit for some of them. If there's deaths, I want the number to be as minimal as possible. Of course I'm not a law maker so this is just ideals. But that's my agenda.

Your way will not limit the amount of casualties. What limited them in the past was gun education and children being raised to respect life, taking personal responsibility rather than making excuses and teaching them that there is a benefit from being first place, that their opinion matters but not as much as the rule of law and a dozen other things that the left has forced upon the education of our children. No they do not need to learn about sex in 1st grade and then wonder if they need gender reassignment. All of these little jewels brought to us by the left are what has our children so screwed up that they can’t even think straight.

You want to stop school shooting? Taking away guns will not do it, walls around the school will not do it and armed police will not do it. Teaching the kids old fashion principles, respect for fellow citizens and the law and the fear of God will get it done.

These murders are on us all. The left for pressing their stupid corrupt agenda and the right for not stopping them.

Did you not read the post or was it too difficult to understand? I said that the only way to limit shootings in school was to teach our children like we did when school gun violence was low. In other words dump the crazy liberal schooling agenda.

That was a genuine question. I didn't get the answer to it from you, but got it from somebody else. Thanks for pitching in.

You did get an answer. Do you accept the answer is the question, or are you going to continue to proceed as if an AR is different than any other semi-automatic gun, even though that's been thoroughly explained to you to be false? We're trying to help you understand the issue, are you learning anything?

If these shooters used pistols, different outcome. If they used rifles like an ordinary non semi automatic one, it would be a different outcome.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
And on top everything else - Some sites I cannot link here claim he also belonged to Middle East Resistance groups on social media
edit on 14-2-2018 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Re-posted because it needed to be said again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The only thing I can think of is the skyrocketing number of single parent homes, (no that is not to say all single parent kids are at risk) coupled with no real affordable means of getting mental health assistance.

But I could be way off in my warped way of thinking.

ETA: oh and for some reason it slipped my mind, the rampant desire to "fix" everything with a pill, wonder how many shooters with multiple prescriptions.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: thinking slowly.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

You do know that BIN isnt a valid source here right?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How soon before we find out he was being 'treated' for depression?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If these shooters used pistols, different outcome. If they used rifles like an ordinary non semi automatic one, it would be a different outcome.

No, it wouldn't be a different outcome. There have been mass shootings like this one using only handguns. I told you that 3 times already and you're ignoring it. Where are you getting the idea that the outcome would be different, when it's demonstrable fact that it could've been done with a handgun?

This is the problem. You don't want to get informed. You just want to peddle debunked gun control propaganda. This is why we can't get anywhere on this issue. If you really want to see a solution, I suggest you become more open-minded and start listening to facts from people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than you.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What if he used shotguns and Molotov cocktails? Could have been even worse. Education and prevention in the mind is our best way to try to solve this. Speaking of madness we still do not know why the Vegas, shooter did what he did. All we have from that are people suing hotels and I think concert venders. So until we can answer and solve these problems this crap will continue to happen. I am sure the school will get sued next month.. yes and sadly another massacre. We are asking the wrong question and arguing over the wrong things...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ok, I see. Curious as to what scenario a handgun would be insufficient for you? Would you prefer an AR or AK? If so, why?

Rifles are more accurate than handguns. How many times have we heard of some gangbanger trying to shoot someone and hitting some poor kid in his house doing homework? Those shootings are all with handguns. Rifles make a great home defense weapon because they're more accurate.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Some people might want to blame it on a President who doesn't keep his campaign promises:

On the first day in office, get rid of gun-free zones at military bases, recruiting centers and, in some cases, schools. These zones are like “target practice for the sickos and for the mentally ill.”

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
instead of arguing about guns you all should be asking why so many white kids shoot up schools

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join