It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
They watched Fire in the Sky the night he went missing. And the guy had a great idea, had enough of working to make money to live. So he decided to create a fantastic story, similiar to what he saw in the movie. He travelled to Sacramento, chilled one week in the sun, then he put on his ski gear again and contacted the law enforcement officers. Acting as if he knows nothing or he told them an UFO story and they are hiding it, the MIB have to do their work first now.

Later there will be a movie and books...

And no, with that i am not saying that i don´t believe the Travis Walton story!

Forgot to say, such stories brought me to ATS years ago, great to read something like this again!!!

This is fully possible – Other side of the country 30 minutes later? Can't do. 5 days later? No problem. When I read this story I thought he started in Canada, but he of course didn't have to cross any borders at all.

This is one of two things: A prankster or someone who's been relocated in some way.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The seven days adds up to road trip with a couple days to spare...

All investigators have to do is look at traffic cam and other survielance footage in reverse of where he was located to track his trail backwards to the mountain....

leaving the cell behind which would have tracked him the entire way... if he went on an intentional jaunt; then ditching that makes sense as an MO to not be tracked by it. They can check to see if he had withdrawn cash or stashed some away previously on his person for the jaunt away... as an adult who is going to ask you for ID went buying food with cash... they will ask at a hotel for ID but if he traveed with somone they dont ask for everyones.

Pretty easy if they really want to get to the bottom of it; but yeah more hours involved to get to the truth...

Not really knowing what else can anyone do but guess...

Maybe he's this guy and been stuck in an infinite loop all this time and this story and search IS the cover up now that the sugar rush has ended... finally patty free.

edit on 14-2-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All I know is that it is very difficult to ski on pavement. This guy might have missed his calling to be a U.S. Olympian!!

In all seriousness, someone get this guy a shower!

Kidding, although I'm sure he needs to wash off all the alien anal lube!!!

That stuff is STICKY after a couple days!! (a friend told me so)

edit on 0615x6706America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was involved in a massive search and rescue effort a while back, after a boat was found idling run aground on an island on the southern coast of Norway.

The search went on for nearly a week before it was given up on the assumption he was likely lost at sea.

A few weeks later he turned up in a bar half way across the country and was recognized.

Turns out he had just decided he wanted to go away, so he sailed for Shetland in a small boat, nearly drowned (for real this time) and had to turn back after encountering rough seas.

So I guess my point is people do very strange and random things. Like randomly jumping.on a train or bus leaving their car and belongings (and friends) behind. Or going fishing in small inflatable rubber dingies in heavy seas. Or running away to live in the wild. Etcetera etcetera. I could go on for hours.

It is often a spur of the moment thing, or related to medical or pesonal problems, known or unsuspected. And these things are regularly done with little thought about the consequences.

So, while this could be puzzling, it could also be terribly and disappointingly mundane.

I concede the ski clothes are a novel touch, though :-)

BT

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Multiple IDs? Some people do live double lives.

I've thought about it. I see it as similar to having a back-up "guy" in a video game... just in case. I should have done it in the 80s when I first thought of it, though. It's a lot harder these days to establish a new identity.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hasn't been mentioned yet: seems normal that he would be questioned by American Security/Immigration,
because he's a Canadian citizen, who stayed a week longer in the USA, than he reported when he entered the country.

He could possibly have had $50, or $100 cash in his pocket, for buying lunch, coffee, or a beer at the ski-lodge. Probably not drunk, as the article says they planned on driving back to Toronto that night. (Border crossing).

Didn't understand from the reports if he was still wearing ski-boots, or other boots?

You'd figure a guy walking around Sacramento airport in a ski jacket and pants, might have been approached by security guards, before having time to call his wife twice, and then call 911.

Also relieved that since he's a Canadian fireman: nobody has suggested he might be a hoser, yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I thought the same...

But what's even stranger is that The Department of Homeland Security took part in the search.... How is one missing fire fighter a national security matter?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: KTemplar

i find iot more odd - that he alledgedly made 2 phonecalls wearing ski helmet and goggles

its called speakerphone. maybe familiarize yourself with the concept?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Interesting story. Thanks for telling it.

This tale is much more interesting than the Brazilian guy who did whatever he did some time back. I am perplexed.

While anything seems possible at this point, the one 'logical explanation that doesn't involve aliens' of a drunken bender seems to me the most preposterous profferred, so far. Given the news conference and some subsequent reports -- linked here in the thread -- I would have to entertain the 'bugging out' explanation. Maybe 'buyer's remorse'?

I don't know, but it was planned to a "t" and perfectly executed and he got cold feet after realizing he legit 'disappeared' himself, would be my take. They would've considered it a recovery mission after a certain duration -- being tangentially related to persons in that field he likely knew the drop-dead date on search and rescue was near -- and the gravity of him realizing he 'did it' got to him. Whether he was running from something, I'm sure that'll come out soon; however, he was soon to be, for all intents-and-purposes, considered worm food, and he really screwed the pooch if he did all this on his volition, because he was free and clear. They weren't gonna search for him much longer... Maybe a mountain or 2 over they'd expend significant resources. Maybe even the nearest town. Damn sure weren't going looking for him in Sacramento, CA.

I'd entertain a Travis Walton-type tale before I would buy he pulled a cross-country drunken bender, allegedly getting a haircut and calling his wife from a new phone, but somehow, in the interim, he was too drunk to remember executing a flawless I-can-disappear-myself-forever-and-be-in-the-clear act/plan.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

he teleported.

he has newly developed superpowers.
Homeland Security came at the first word of it to sample his superpower DNA

that

or some Philidelphia Experiment / CERN / Cloverfield ray misfired and tagged a guy on a ski mountain and lensed him to Sac luckily not re-materializing him in another object.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

He didnt change clothes, poop, or shower. Clearly an alien borrowed the guy. Mountain is a convenient pickup spot.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: violet

Sacramento is Northern CA.

From NY to Sacramento is not en route to Mexico.

My money is still on an online affair that didn't pan out when they met.

Yes I know where it is but perhaps it was as far as the trucker was going

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I wonder if he teleported from one place to another? There are rumors of real stargates so its possible he went to some portal that transported him from New York to LA.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This is the craziest story I’ve heard in a while, except, of course, the Democrats.

The fact he still had his goggles with him is really telling. I mean, those would be the first things to be taken off and lost under normal circumstances.

Hell, I lost the veil on my wedding day by the time the night was over.

I’ve been to Whiteface. This is not a place you end up in California very easy. It’s practically Canada there and very secluded. You’d have a hard time finding a bus.

Great find! It’s one to keep an eye on.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
I wonder if he teleported from one place to another?

What good is a teleporter if it takes just as long to send you someplace as it does to get a ride with a trucker?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

The guy still had his goggles on! Hard to believe he was off flitting around for a week. He had no ID... no way to get one place from another.

Bizarre.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
It’s practically Canada there and very secluded. You’d have a hard time finding a bus.

Maybe he was trying to sneak back into Canada on the down-low to get his second identity papers but couldn't figure out how to do it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hmmmmm does the mountain has a history of paranormal activities? Perhaps that should give us clues on what's going on.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe he ski’d into some time warp portal that comes out in Sacramento. It’s very odd he was still wearing the ski gear

In the coming days there should be more info. Finding the trucker that gave him the ride would be a good start

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I wonder if he teleported from one place to another? There are rumors of real stargates so its possible he went to some portal that transported him from New York to LA.

As crazy as that sounds I do wonder.
Why the hell would he keep a stuffy helmet and goggles on??

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join