It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

WILMINGTON, N.Y. —
A skier missing from Whiteface Mountain has been found in California.

New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.

Filippidis was reported missing last Wednesday by friends who said he could not be found as the resort was closing.

His belongings were found at the lodge and his car was still in the parking lot.

________________________________________________________________________________

Filippidis made contact with law enforcement officers in Sacramento.

He was reported to be in good health.

The circumstances of Filippidis' disappearance remain under investigation.

Officials have not said why he went missing.

Before Tuesday, police said they had no reason to believe Filippidis was not on the mountain.

The Department of Homeland Security, New York State Police, New York Department of Conservation, United States Customs and Border Protection and officials in Toronto assisted with the search.

Filippidis is a married father of two and a 28-year veteran Toronto firefighter.

He had been skiing with a group of firefighters and retired firefighters.

Toronto Professional Firefighters Local 3888 President Frank Ramagano answered reporters' questions Tuesday evening.

He said Filippidis was found confused and unable to answer questions as to how he got to California.

Ramagano said Filippidis was receiving medical care after calling his wife and then 911.

Filippidis was found alone.

Ramagano said Filippidis did not have a history of mental illness or substance abuse.

He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles, he was last seen in when he was reported missing.

State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges.

Officials have not said how he traveled to Sacramento.

Ramagano said he did not believe Filippidis flew because he left his identification at Whiteface.

www.mynbc5.com...

this, from 5 days ago........

Today...

Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone? Fire in the Sky - Travis Walton, turned up a week later dazed and confused?

Could this be what is referred to as an alien abduction? Initially, upon reading this report and watching the vid above, my thoughts turned to the Travis Walton story as both share similar initial circumstances.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this as it develops and we (hopefully) get a 1st hand recollection of what happened to him for that week such that 2,800 miles and 1 week later, he appears wearing the same gear he went missing in - no ID, no money, no phone, no substance abuse, no vehicle and given the credentials of the person, I'm suggesting no foul-play on his part.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Like you, I watched this story earlier today and my thoughts went to the Travis Walton story as well.
He better come up with some sort of Walton story cause I can't think of any other acceptable explanation/excuse.

Week long bender just doesn't cut it.

Keeping an eye on this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I read that story....

first thing I thought of....

coc aine....it's a helluva drug lol.

definitely something strange going on
edit on R442018-02-14T06:44:35-06:00k442Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My brother in law said when he used to drink,one day he found himself 3000 miles away in NY,who knows sounds like substance abuse

+40 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is very strange. So, he made it all the way to California, and still had his ski helmet and goggles on a week later? Same ski clothes a week later? Did he ski into a portal on the mountain or something? How does one get from NY to CA without knowing about it? WTF is going on???

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Great catch. Sure looks like another Travis Walton.

But still, one wonders, "...no history of substance abuse..."? The dude was a fireman, on vacation with his colleagues. Not too many teetotalers in that bunch, I bet. But even on the craziest alcoholic binge on earth, it's hard to travel across the country and not remember how you did it. Though missing time of the alcoholic type can slowly come back to you, that is speaking from past experience.

Maybe he met a rich woman with a private plane and serious time to kill.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2 & RickinVa

I've had my fair share of (alcohol related) benders over the years, I've never heard of a week-long solo effort whilst shirking all family, social life and work responsibilities, then claiming 'can't remember' after surviving for that week with no money, recollections or change of clothes.

Something isn't adding up here, if it were substance abuse, they would have already laid charges as that would be determined within 10 minutes of any medical examination for same - so far nothing, except that he is receiving medical treatment.

weird.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I find it odd that he was still in his ski clothes and wearing his goggles.

Feels more like a Missing 411 story to me.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i is intrigued by :

unless the reportage of this tail has ommitted a CRITICAL line of evidence

why would the quoted line even be worthy of mention ?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

i find iot more odd - that he alledgedly made 2 phonecalls wearing ski helmet and goggles

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

Well, if his intention was to affair-by-stealth, then he is the worst decision maker in the history of men having affairs.

"Hmm, I think I'll just duck off over here for a bit, then when no one is looking, I'll take off and go and see my girlfriend for a week, my mates and family won't G.A.F if I go missing and can't be located".

2 days later, in their hotel room......

"hey look honey, everyone is looking for me, LOL, I bet they don't look here"

6 days later...

"I don't recall"

It's a weird one alright - especially if that scenario turns out to be the truth of the matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i is intrigued by :

unless the reportage of this tail has ommitted a CRITICAL line of evidence

why would the quoted line even be worthy of mention ?

Well, I took the 'substance abuse' and '7000 man hours search' and 'cost of the exercise' comments as pertaining to any possibility of charges being laid.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Usually someone running off to have a simple affair will plan and take their wallet and identification with them. They also, would not be wearing ski gear one week later in Sacremento! It does not seem like this person planned on any of this happening.

It does not seem like he planned on disappearing if he seeked out help from authorities and his wife. Even if he did have some kind of mental break...how could he get 2800 miles away without ID/money? Perhaps this story breaking may help the investigation. Witnesses may come forward who may recognize the guy in ski gear hitch hiking or something.

This story is an interesting one. Was he drugged and abducted? Not necessarily by aliens but by anyone? Who is he really? Why would he be abducted? Early reports seem like he is just an average family guy and not rich. Hmmm...it is very interesting.

Edit add: I am curious about whether he was one who usually shaved his face? When found, was he shaven or did he exhibit a weeks worth of facial hair growth?
edit on 2 14 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Perhaps he decided to forego civilization and take on a more nomadic lifestyle?

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Guess you've never partied with Bigfoot.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Stranger things have happened. People can and will do some very crazy things hoping they will not get caught, or will make up fantastic stories to cover their asses.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Perhaps he decided to forego civilization and take on a more nomadic lifestyle?

Wearing ski gear in Sacramento, yeah...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

It does not seem like he planned on disappearing if he seeked out help from authorities and his wife. Even if he did have some kind of mental break...how could he get 2800 miles away without ID/money?

The woman/man he was tromping around with.

I don't know. But it's reasonable to suggest.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Guess you've never partied with Bigfoot.

Sassy and I party hard brother, don't you worry bout dat, I have attended the annual Sasquatch reunion many times, on the mountain, with Big Lez and Nolsey.

There's 3 names, let your fingers do the walking & if you accept that challenge, you shall be greatly rewarded, I sh!t you not!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join