It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LINK

Filippidis, 49, told deputies the last thing he remembered was going skiing in New York, and that he believed he had some sort of head injury but could not remember exactly what happened, according to Hampton. He mostly slept while in the big rig, and deputies believe he purchased a cell phone at some point.

Traumatic Amnesia after a head injury is very common and he rode with a trucker to get where he ended up.

I went through that after being a passenger in a very bad wreck. People told me stories about how strange I was acting over the next few days and I remember almost nothing of it and no memory at all of the wreck or most of the day it happened. I actually hitchhiked with a bloody bandage wrapped around my head for 120 miles and remember nothing of it. People said I'd show up at their door talking nonsense or at a local bar acting strange.

I'm inclined to believe that's what happened here.

edit on 2/14/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So he suffered brain damage and was compelled to go to California.
Could this be a trend?

a reply to: Blaine91555

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Can you imagine being his wife and getting that phone call? He was one week before your mild manner firefighting husband and then goes missing.

And then the phone rings....and your missing husband is alive, and alas, in California and not dead in the trees at a ski resort.

Oh, I’d have lots of questions.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
So he suffered brain damage and was compelled to go to California.
Could this be a trend?

Lets hope not.

The article has been updated and it looks like he's out of the hospital and soon to head back. He's apparently very confused and they are looking for people who saw him to piece it together.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So perhaps MK Ultra raises it's ugly head once again. Mind games....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hrs going bs k to lake placid virst to be questioned by police
www.lakeplacidnews.com...
edit on 14-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

SC, this certainly sounds like a potential abduction scenario to me as well. What really gets me is that the event has media documentation and other supporting information

As ShadowLink wrote, there are not too many explanations that will do the job here. Will be curious to see where this goes

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why Sacramento?

Was he in the mountains or downtown?

I don't know what to think about this.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

He was dropped off downtown but then somehow went 11 Miles to the airport with no memory of that either, but recalls the haircut downtown

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I remember once after jumping off a moving vehicle and smacking my head on the road that I felt different.

I was fine, could do things normally, but not as myself.

My wife told me that after it happened I had a different personality for a bit.

Head injuries and brain trauma can make you do funny things.

edit on 2 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Scratching my head..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All I am saying if all other possibilities are ruled out and this guy starts to remember bizarre creatures with dreams and becomes dumbfounded and needs help coping with it then most likely alien abduction.That is the last resort to look at and hopefully the least likely.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Stranger things have happened. People can and will do some very crazy things hoping they will not get caught, or will make up fantastic stories to cover their asses.

So true, we have seen this to be especially true during the last election, and the MSM has been continuing to hold that same theme on an ongoing basis.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Has anyone probed his anus for clues?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I so badly wanted it to be a fire in the sky scenario,however it was just head trauma make you think not good.
I hope he recovers and they can piece his journey together.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sources mentions he had a "ride in a big truck". Maybe kidnapped or an accidental incident, trauma to the head during that process doesn't recall the full account?

Filippidis was checked into Sacramento's Hospital after reporting he had struck his head while in New York. He has since been released and on his way back to Lake Placid.

There, police hope to interview him to find out what happened. New York State Police want to hear from anyone who saw Filippidis between February 7th to 13th. A new picture of him taken of him Tuesday show he is still wearing his snow gear.

"If we could have somebody call that can prove that they actually met Danny on his journey across the country -- I mean that would be a tremendous help to us," Maj. Tibbetts said.
Source1

'He said he was dropped off by a truck driver. He said he slept a lot during the trip here and he didn't have a lot of recollection of how he got from A to B.'
Source2

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Having gone through it myself after a head injury, I think it's likely he may never remember details. I remember only bits and pieces of maybe ten days.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My brother took a header off his motorcycle and still 30 years later does not remember anything for the next 24 hours.

He still can not remember how he rode the damaged motorcycle home. the first thing he remembers after it happened was getting up the next morning hurting with a lump on his forehead and finding his motorcycle helmet all beat up and his motor cycle damaged.

It was a week later that he found where he went down because he found the front light and other parts of his bike that had been ripped off in the crash.

My guess is this skier bounced his head off a tree someplace and was out on his feet for the missing time.

as a EMT i have seen this before a couple times.

edit on 14-2-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

First thought that came to mind when I saw this article: Missing 411

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

No, it's really not hard at all, for even the craziest alcoholic.

Hey, I don't know which meeting you're going to, but 2,800 miles? I haven't heard any war stories like it -- except one or two in the Big Book.

Guess I'm lucky. I lost decades of memories cumulatively, but only woke up in a strange place once or twice. I guess the 'alcoholic binge' is the most logical explanation here. Or maybe he was abducted, THEN went on a serious binge with his captors!
edit on 14-2-2018 by Namdru because: bingeing

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join