It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
I have not read through all of these responses yet but i did want to say, they might be able to track the cell towers his phone pinged off of along whatever route he took. If there was an abduction or a portal of some sort and assuming he didn't turn the phone off manually there should be at least a few hits on a cell tower, whether it was crossing in/out of roaming (another cell carrier's service area would log a cross carrier connection for the purpose of roaming plan billing reciprocity) and if he flew, he didn't got through an airport with his ski gear on, at least that's what I would believe.

Trace the credit/debit cards for transactions and the phone carrier's ping log and they might figure this out. They could also use the phone locations to locate possible surveillance cameras and pull footage to see if they can find out more.

I would love to hear the official story once they sort it out and then see what the ATS community has to say about it.

He had no phone until the end. Had no cards ( although for some reason he has one card at the end, he used to buy a new iPhone) they were tracking his cards... nothing. He left all his belongings behind at the ski resort

The only thing left is surveillance cameras he might hsve passed by and for this trucker to come forward to fill in the blanks.
edit on 15-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

Surely they can look at which truck drivers were doing routes N.Y. to Sacramento? Or at least one that would pass by the nearest main road to the ski resort? He could hsve hitched rides with more than one truck.
edit on 15-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
Truck driver never drove him to the airport, he dropped him off downtown Sacramento.
Yes I’d like to know who this trucker is.
You may not find the story interesting but I and others do.
What’s your problem with that ?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: violet
Nothing I merely find the act of trying to figure out how something happened on a story you hear online by using online sources as kind of hilarious. But really, he never dropped him off at the airport, I must have read or maybe assumed that. Either way, that to is hilarious.

So ya, I have no problem with it, truck away on the mysterious trucker. But hey how do you know that trucker existed in the first place? Maybe its all just word of mouth, or even the first thing that came to that guys head when he came to a little, for all you know it could be like the guy in the vid I posted earlier looking for his cat in the sewer. None existent. Or maybe it wasnt a trucker in a truck, but a minivan? Maybe it was a minivaner? And the poor guy just confused the two.

Not saying the guy may have been wasted out of his mind like the guy in that vid I posted, which by the way, there never was a cat, it never existed. But in his mind it did exist. Just saying, it could be any number of things all of which you will never get to the bottom of by word of mouth, or print would be more accurate, on the internet.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
I've been to this mountain (live in NY). If he went off trail and through the wooded areas, there was most likely 2-3 feet of powder and there would've been a trail leading out to the road, that the Ski patrol definitely would've found. Its an impossibility that they wouldnt've been able to track his path if he skiid out to the road and got in a cab.

One of the other posters said a foot of snow fell the evening he was abducted, so if that is correct I guess that might have hampered efforts to track him.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Again, lots of weird stuff happens all the time with more disastrous consequences, for instance that new school shooting people are talking about those are all weird, and in this story it seems almost mundane. Guy goes missing is found a week latter some 2'800 miles away.

Says he does not remember how he got there so he got some cash and a haircut then hitched a ride to the airport, and your worrying about the truck driver that drove him to the airport?

I mean why not just take a cab, after all he had $1000 on him? But whatever like you said lots of people go missing skying in the backcountry, I mean sure they are found latter in the same spot, but maybe those that are not found latter in the same spot, is because there not in the same spot.

Your grammar sucks and your logic is even worse.

Come at me, bro.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So says, the firefighter. There is absolutely ZERO corroborating evidence he 'hitched a ride' anyway, let alone with an anonymous trucker (who, by the way, is, at most, a figment of his 'imagination'). As you keep pondering this truck driver's identity, maybe it's more likely that it's a fabrication or completely unrelated. Occam's razor and all.

C'mon, SC, get back to your thread and offer some intelligible insights.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Occam’s razor my friends.

Would be cool if there was something otherworldy or paranormal involved.

More than likely it’s just mental issues, cold feet after an attempt to purposely go missing, etc etc.

Him still being in the same clothes means absolutely nothing in my opinion. He called the police. He wasn’t randomly found in the clothes.

Unfortunately a large chunk of people in this world simply can’t be trusted.
edit on 16-2-2018 by Argus100 because: Addition

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
Well yes I agree we don’t know what vehicle if any that was involved.

I get what you’re saying.

I didnt hear about it online or here or any other site first btw, it was on the news in Canada where he is from that I first heard it, since then I’ve looked at many statements by police and there’s a guy who witnessed his exchange with the cops when they came to get him at the airport. Since they are all saying the same thing, I tend to think they aren’t all conspiring to make it up.

Of course there are sites like the UK tabloids that are reporting things that don’t seem to be facts.

Even though these ‘facts’ are only what the guy said.

Although yes he the guy might be making things up or is just confused. I suppose they will investigate his claims and look into whether or not he had some problems in his life and planned to disappear.

It seems odd the N.Y. police want to “help him get back the missing 6 days of his life”. They must be onto something that might turn out to be criminal. I don’t know if it’s a crime to fake going missing which results in resources being wasted on searching, that type of searching is very expensive and dangerous when it involves snow and mountains.

Either way he got a ride by somebody.
Didn’t fly with no ID. Of course there’s such a thing as fake ID, which he could have ditched

It’s a good story. Hope there’s some updates to come.

edit on 16-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
we can walk a mile in 15 mins (average so + or - )
so if he was 2900 miles away
also skiing will be faster than walking, he may have skied some of it
depending on if downhill... treacherous... so on so forth
and if snow was present throughout his entire his trek
so back to 2900 x 15 mins = 43,500 minutes need to walk 2900 miles away

60 mins in a hr x 24 hrs in a day = 1440 minutes in a day for walking

he can't walk without resting...

1440 / 15 = 96 miles walked in a week with zero breaks.

96 x 7 days
672 miles if he walked nonstop with no breaks at all after 7 days a week

Hypothermia can cause a state of non awareness, snow = cold
Rough terrain will slow the walk down

Yeah I don't see how its possible

:/

leolady

Are you just gonna leave us hanging?

What about the calculations of how much time it would have taken for him to ski across the country?

What about if he had stolen a snow-cannon, towed behind him on a sled, and it blew snow in front of him to make a path where there wasn't enough snow already?

What about the contingency that he could have trekked through Lincon Nebraska, and traded his ski-poles for a haircut, then used improvised poles for the rest of the journey?

Please don't leave us hanging!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

So says, the firefighter. There is absolutely ZERO corroborating evidence he 'hitched a ride' anyway, let alone with an anonymous trucker (who, by the way, is, at most, a figment of his 'imagination'). As you keep pondering this truck driver's identity, maybe it's more likely that it's a fabrication or completely unrelated. Occam's razor and all.

C'mon, SC, get back to your thread and offer some intelligible insights.

Yes I know there’s zero evidence, that’s why I want to know who the trucker is. Somebody gave him a ride! He didn’t just teleport all that way right?

Well aware it’s all so says the firefighter. I never once said I believe his tale. I’ve questioned it all along.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Again, lots of weird stuff happens all the time with more disastrous consequences, for instance that new school shooting people are talking about those are all weird, and in this story it seems almost mundane. Guy goes missing is found a week latter some 2'800 miles away.

Says he does not remember how he got there so he got some cash and a haircut then hitched a ride to the airport, and your worrying about the truck driver that drove him to the airport?

I mean why not just take a cab, after all he had $1000 on him? But whatever like you said lots of people go missing skying in the backcountry, I mean sure they are found latter in the same spot, but maybe those that are not found latter in the same spot, is because there not in the same spot.

Come at me, bro.

Who me? My grammar?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: CynConcepts

It does not seem like he planned on disappearing if he seeked out help from authorities and his wife. Even if he did have some kind of mental break...how could he get 2800 miles away without ID/money?

The woman/man he was tromping around with.

I don't know. But it's reasonable to suggest.

No it's not.

Your suggestions an affair is the logical answer to all this is ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My bad, I didn't mean to respond to your post. You never said "hitched a ride", but a poster above did and I thought I replied to that comment. I am with you: this trucker (alleged trucker) should cash in his 15 minutes of fame and come forward...wonder why that hasn't happened. Again, Occam's Razor: there wasn't a truck driver.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Come at me, bro.

Who me? My grammar?

No. I never meant to reply to you. Again, my bad (although, I am pretty sure this latest reply was directed toward galadof...not you -- looks that way in the text box).

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

My bad, I didn't mean to respond to your post. You never said "hitched a ride", but a poster above did and I thought I replied to that comment. I am with you: this trucker (alleged trucker) should cash in his 15 minutes of fame and come forward...wonder why that hasn't happened. Again, Occam's Razor: there wasn't a truck driver.

No worries.
As for this trucker. There’s this, as told by his union boss the day he was found

“He said somehow he got hurt on the ski hill,” Ramagnano said. “He doesn’t remember much. He thought he had crawled into a truck for shelter or something.

www.adirondackexplorer.org...

So it’s possible he was never seen by the trucker. He was some sort of stowaway. I can see if you’re cold and the place is closing you’re gonna go into a place for shelter.

Either way, somebody gave him a ride or several rides. Be it a motor vehicle or private aircraft.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I think this is the most likely scenario he got a head injury and was disoriented and confused maybe tried to head back to the lodge but got turned around and wandered onto a road or maybe a parking lot. Found an 18 wheeler and simply hopped in the back and slept on and off until he got to CA. It seems like a ridiculous story but I think it's far more likely than an abduction or some kind of portal.

I am hoping more news comes out on this one it's a very interesting story.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I know a guy that had a drink spiked with gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
GHB.
It is a cocktail that causes amnesia.
He woke up in an alley 3 days later with his ass beat and a missing wallet.
The last thing he remembers is having a drink with a hot chick at a bar.
Just a guess as to what may possibly have happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: animatorsteve

I think this is the most likely scenario he got a head injury and was disoriented and confused maybe tried to head back to the lodge but got turned around and wandered onto a road or maybe a parking lot. Found an 18 wheeler and simply hopped in the back and slept on and off until he got to CA. It seems like a ridiculous story but I think it's far more likely than an abduction or some kind of portal.

I am hoping more news comes out on this one it's a very interesting story.

to suggest he "slept on and off" for a minimum of 40+ hours without trying to do something... you see how that doesn't seem realistic?

Neither does teleportation, sure. I'm sure there's more to this. Who's the driver? Why on earth would you pick someone up in ski gear and drive them across the entire country without thinking something was wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy
You can sleep on and off if you’re slipping in and out of consciousness. I did that for 36 hours when I had a stroke.i was on the floor, not even caring, although I wasn’t comfortable. A phone was close by, I wanted help but never bothered to use the phone. I woke up with no idea I was there two whole nights. I thought it was a few hours.

A head injury can cause that too, as well as amnesia.
If you’re feeling sick you really don’t give a # about helping yourself.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: MrConspiracy
You can sleep on and off if you’re slipping in and out of consciousness. I did that for 36 hours when I had a stroke.i was on the floor, not even caring, although I wasn’t comfortable. A phone was close by, I wanted help but never bothered to use the phone. I woke up with no idea I was there two whole nights. I thought it was a few hours.

A head injury can cause that too, as well as amnesia.
If you’re feeling sick you really don’t give a # about helping yourself.

I don't know what injuries he may or may not have got. But my issue is, would you allow a disorientated injured man in ski gear sit with you in a truck for so long without it raising alarm bells? If this is the case, my issue is with the driver and his stupidity.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join