It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I thought along those lines but not another woman but perhaps financial troubles. Good way to get out of a big debt.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah, I thought the same... WHAT charges?

We're missing something in the story....

A lot of weird details with this case. A bit too early to jump to alien abduction though.... Human abduction is a much more likely scenario.

Definitely a case worth watching....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Re-enactment of the Hangover?
Suffered a concussion and left the mountain alone,experiencing something neurological?
Or lies
As to how/why he traveled across the continent and acquiring a cell phone along the way, he must have had help
He or She better have been worth it lol
Did he have a medical condition prior to the disappearance? I'm sure more will be revealed in the coming days
Bizzar

edit on 14-2-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
There’s cameras everywhere so he should be on some camera.

One report said just before calling his wife, he got a haircut and bought an iPhone.

What’s with the haircut?

I suspect it will be found he had money problems and he planned this only to chicken out . Sacramento might mean he was planning to go further south into Mexico.

edit on 14-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's a new kind of logic I'm not familiar with. Zero evidence = aliens. Gotcha.

Obviously haven't seen the "History" channel lately....LOL... Seems to be their mantra these days.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: Sublimecraft

BTW - How did he call her and 911? Borrowed phone or track or burner phone? Cuz he would have needed a burner phone to coordinate the other woman picking him up at the Ski resort.

Not taking UFO off the table, but obvious possibilities come first.

And now this:

He also says Filippidis told police he recalled getting a haircut and buying an iPhone before calling authorities, but could not remember details of how he got out to the Sacramento airport.

www.cbc.ca...

He also disappeared from a Lake Placid NY ski hill, so didn't need to cross a border.

Pretty sure a woman he met on line dropped him off at the Sacramento Airport. That's still me guess.

How do you buy an I-Phone with Service without ID and Money?

he was making a run for it and it didn't work out.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Sacramento is Northern CA.

From NY to Sacramento is not en route to Mexico.

My money is still on an online affair that didn't pan out when they met.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is classic ATS. We do love a good mystery around here.

It's certainly a strange case. How did he get down the mountain and past his friends?
He could be working for someone to deliver something important. Deliver it then just say you can't remember what happened.
We don't know enough about him or his family life to make a judgement if he was having a cross country fling with some woman.

I want this to be a full on abduction situation. I'm sure though that there is a logical explanation for what's happened.

I'm glad he's home safe though. It must have been a terrible time for his family.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Steven Kubacki case that David Paulides covered. Kubacki was cross country skiing in Michigan when he went missing. They found his backpack and skies on the bank of a frozen lake. The area was searched by a helicopter and they found his footprints going out 200 yards on the lake and then they stopped. There were no foot prints going back so they figured that the iced cracked, he fell through, and then the ice froze back over. He had a death certificate and everything. But he woke up in a field a year and a half later in Massachusetts, 40 miles from dad's house. He had no idea how he got there or what happened in that year and a half.

Here is an interview with Paulides explaining this case

Why did the footprints stop? I guess the skeptics would say he walked in his footprints on the way back to the bank. But why did he leaves his stuff there and what was he doing walking out on the ice in the first place? There are too many cases to be explained away by natural causes. The missing 411 stuff is truly fascinating. Some of the stuff with kids disappearing in national parks is the most compelling evidence of some kind of alien abduction or intermission stuff going on where kids are crossing rivers in the winter and then climbing up a 180 degree face of a cliff and walking another 15 miles with no shoes on and then being found with not a scratch on them.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That was a good point about the I phone and haircut. How do you do that without a wallet?

If he traveled across country some one saw him.
Someone needs to step forward.
Unless he says he was abducted, Im not even considering that one. My friend was abducted and remembers it. It makes him angry to this day

kix

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I often wonder why the heck we see tons of videos when TPTB wants us convinced of something and they don't show the video of this guy in an Airport for God Sakes?....Seriously? on the other hand lets say the have video evidence of a inter dimensional portal opening somewhere and dropping this guy, do you believe they are going to show us, that kind of info... after picking for years in California and Washington National parks I have seen a lot of weird stuff, then I read the Paulides report and all became clear...there is weird things going on, and the powers that be wont even touch it with a ten foot pole.... Maybe this is a case of simple infidelity but it way too complicated to be "just" that.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ATS worthy story, the kind I have not seen in a long time. Starred and Flagged

It's like an ATS junkie fix, I'm good for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
and with " the haircut " - for which he OBVIOUSLY had to remove the fooking helmet and goggles that some ATS members seem obsessed by

this tail has well and truely jumped the shark

i CBA - and quit this thread

haircut - aLOLZ

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Just read it was a rental car terminal outside the airport, having no Identification, somewhow aquiring a phone along the way, again he must have had help.

Multiple IDs?

Some people do live double lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, this is the 21st Century. Everywhere he went he was likely recorded on a camera somewhere. Everything he bought that wasn't bought with cash would have a trackable receipt. Food, bus or plane or rental car receipts, etc. If they were really super curious, they could pump his stomach and find out where and when he last ate something.

Sounds like he tried something and failed, then hoped to cover it up by playing dumb.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
That was a good point about the I phone and haircut. How do you do that without a wallet?

If he traveled across country some one saw him.
Someone needs to step forward.
Unless he says he was abducted, Im not even considering that one. My friend was abducted and remembers it. It makes him angry to this day

You can get a $10 - $15 dollar haircut from those Asian hairdresser/salons/nail bars/gift shops. iPhone? That's a tricky one - even the second hand stores charge full price. Borrowed? Stolen?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you watch the 2nd video, they state that he had his helmet and goggles WITH him, not ON him.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
If you watch the 2nd video, they state that he had his helmet and goggles WITH him, not ON him.

Well he had better put his helmet on before he goes home to his wife.

Lets watch for a divorce, right after she hits him with a frying pan

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a friend with schizophrenia. She regularly loses periods of time when other personalities take over and wakes up in strange places with little to no memory of how she got there. Her personalities have their own social media accounts, sometimes phones and stuff that she doesn't even know the password to. Some of the things she does when she's like that are inexplicable and not necessarily good for her. I've had some of the weirdest conversations I think i've ever had before with her and her personalities. They really are like totally different people. Maybe this guy's got something that's gone undiagnosed for a long time or maybe some kind of stress set it off.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Filippidis remembers being in a “big rig-style truck” and sleeping for much of the ride, sheriff spokesman Sgt. Shaun Hampton told the Post-Standard. When he was dropped off in downtown Sacramento, the sergeant said Filippidis got a haircut.

www.nydailynews.com...

Seems a previous poster's theory about him getting into a trucker's truck is panning out.

Such an odd case. We still need more details to surface, but so far, this looks like a run for it gone bad.

Are there pay as you go iPhones? If so, could explain that.

I still like Stormcell's theory:

He comes back into the car park, finds everyone gone, no mobile so he can't call a taxi, but there's one truck there. He sneaks into the container, gets locked in and one week later he suddenly reappears confused due to starvation/dehydration and not knowing where he is.

edit on 14-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join