It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
I startpaged it and there are ways to do it, at least to activate an spyPhone with Sim.And i believe you don´t need an ID or smiliar to buy, activate and use a simcard there.

That is what we germans have to deal with now, you can´t buy anonymous simcards anymore, because you can´t active them anonymously anymore, you have to do some checks to make sure that you are you and that they know who is using this simcard, for surveillance reasons.

Good that "lunatic tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nuts" know that we have Aldi and neighbours that have Hofer(Aldi-Süd in Austria), neighbours that don´t need to activate their sim cards with ID´s, photos, videos and all that silly stuff. And that it is no problem if you buy a simcard from Hofer and use it in germany, because it´s the E-Plus net, that Aldi/Hofer uses. I can buy the credit needed at every Aldi, without ID or similiar.

Or you know people that bought thousands of the old simcards, that don´t need to be activated, and sell them in phone shops and kiosks now...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'm thinking maybe split personality or some other actual plausible scientific explanation before I would jump to aliens.

Sounds to me head trauma caused DID.

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a severe condition in which two or more distinct identities, or personality states, are present in—and alternately take control of—an individual. Some people describe this as an experience of possession. The person also experiences memory loss that is too extensive to be explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

The other alternative is he hooked up with a ski bunny and needed an excuse with the wife.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why would the aliens bother to transport him 3000 miles across country?

Perhaps the spaceship was still travelling in a south westerly direction while they were doing their experiments and when they finished they realised and said, "Sod it I'm not going back, might as well let him out here."

No, I think there's probably a more prosaic explanation.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Drugged and kidnapped maybe? He should check to see if he still has two kidneys.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

Ha sure in a ski outfit, Ca is not cold. Don't you think they would have packed a bag? Change of clothes at least? He left his car behind, wonder if he had a wallet or money, either way not changing cloths is weird.

He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles,

edit on 14-2-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
Great catch. Sure looks like another Travis Walton.

. But even on the craziest alcoholic binge on earth, it's hard to travel across the country and not remember how you did it.

No, it's really not hard at all, for even the craziest alcoholic. It's not hard at all for even a run-of-the-mill blackout alcoholic. *KansasGirl raises her hand* Sit in on ANY AA meeting any day of the week and you will hear how common this is.

What's sort of weird is that everyone is saying he has no history of substance abuse, if the blackout theory is correct. Alcoholics can hide their disease from people who are willing to not notice, but it's hard to hide it from spouses.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: WarPig1939
Why is it impossible, somebody picks you up with his car and that´s it. Nobody was searching for him yet, nobody knew the guy before. Why should it be impossible to travel unseen from there to sacramento?

Why should he not find water or food somewhere, if he maybe really was missing in the boondocks?

He is in good shape, so he ate and drank. And you don´t need a toilet to pee or to take a dump.

Logic says something is strange, even mysterious with this story, but it has not not necessarily to do with something superantural.

How can you fed him while he was "blacked out" without using an IV?

How can you erase someones memory without beating them to a pulp? What normal or average criminal has tools to erase memory like that.

What pill or narcotic could someone take that would be untraceable in a blood sample to knock somone out for 6 days straight or erase memory?

Alcohol. Copious amounts of alcohol is the answer to your three questions posed there.

This story is not one bit strange, if the guy is an alcoholic. Everything about it screams alcoholic bender.

Are there no other drunks here on this site but me? Seriously people, you're looking for a supernatural explanation but every thing about this case fits a blackout alcoholic.

The articles are saying he doesn't have a history of substance abuse. And that could be true, to the people he's been with the for the past few decades. If this guy is old enough, he could have been a blackout alcoholic years ago, and then gotten sober before he started his current life with his wife and Fire department, so none of them know his drinking history. All it would take to set off a week-long blackout would be one drink.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Anyone remember the story from a few years ago about the guy that went missing for days then was found on the beach .

I Think he was military , there was a huge search.

I wish I could remember more details but there was a thread here with the same abduction theories I dont ever remember an update on that story.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Anyone remember the story from a few years ago about the guy that went missing for days then was found on the beach .

I wish I could remember more details but there was a thread here with the same abduction theories I dont ever remember an update on that story.

Yeah...he was in the coast guard if I remember correctly...or maybe national guard...
edit on 2/14/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

Ha sure in a ski outfit, Ca is not cold. Don't you think they would have packed a bag? Change of clothes at least? He left his car behind, wonder if he had a wallet or money, either way not changing cloths is weird.

He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles,

Again, stranger things have happened.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah...he was in the coast guard if I remember correctly...or maybe national guard...

Yes that was it coast guard Hawaii. I found the thread here but all the links in it are dead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yes that was it coast guard Hawaii. I found the thread here but all the links in it are dead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
definitely an paranormal experience!
david paulides will be all over it in the nest weeks

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Apparently the guy admitted hiding in the mountains for three months after a fight with his wife.

www.dailymail.co.uk... amping-mountains-fight-wife.html

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A weird tale indeed, but without any more of the story, it leaves a lot to the imagination, it could have been a number of things from the mundane to the strange.
Blood and other stuff should have be taken and checked, to look for drugs in his system, and analysis of urine and faeces, to see what he's eaten recently. it will be hard to track his movement in the local area he was found in, if the police are dropping it, and aren't doing much else with the investigation.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Stranger things have happened. People can and will do some very crazy things hoping they will not get caught, or will make up fantastic stories to cover their asses.

cough, coughHillarycough

Really, that is what you got?

I still have not seen an update.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
a reply to: notsure1

Apparently the guy admitted hiding in the mountains for three months after a fight with his wife.

www.dailymail.co.uk... amping-mountains-fight-wife.html

Thanks for that. good find. I was always curious about that case and remember checking for updates for a while and could not find any.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The police aren't generally that keen on solving mysteries if no crime has been committed.

Bummer, I know.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Abduction Phenom imo. Was he in the US Military at any point in his life or privy to any less than public known intel?

Be sure and follow this story, attempt to contact him through social media if possible for an interview. He could sure use a MUFON or other hypnotherapist!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

How do they know that a crime hasn't been committed, if even he doesn't know what's happened for the last few days? He could be lying and has been on a crime spree or trafficking drugs or any number of things. It's very inconsiderate of the police to leave us ATS members in the dark like this!!!

edit on 14-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join