It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I agree with you , but nowhere did it say he had not gone to the bathroom or had food and water, we don't know what he did and did not have, as we don't yet know where he was. All we do know is he was confused, unable to answer how he got there, and he was wearing what he had on when he went missing and apparently you could tell he had been wearing them for days.

I just looked no new updates, the last real update was 15 hours ago, its only 6am here in Cali. Hopefully this morning we will know more.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I should have mentioned this story here earlier before but it's worth a look.

one of the most bizarre, spectacular, and controversial cases of UFOs and teleportation ever comes from here. In May of 1968, a Dr. Geraldo Vidal and his wife Raffo de Vidal allegedly headed out from Buenos Aires on a trip to join a family gathering at the city of Chascomus, which lies around 120 kilometers away.

After the get-together, they took a detour on the way back home, deciding they would visit some friends in the town of Maipu, lying around 150 kilometers from Chascomus. They would never arrive at their destination, no trace of their whereabouts could be found, and friends and family became increasingly worried.

48 hours after this mysterious disappearance, some friends were startled to receive a call from Dr. Vidal, but the really strange thing was that he was calling from the Argentinean consulate in Mexico City, some 6,400 km away.

How does this happen? beats me, when I saw a man vanish my mind went straight to science but I was only left with theories, maybe there are some things we will never know.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Stranger things have happened. People can and will do some very crazy things hoping they will not get caught, or will make up fantastic stories to cover their asses.

cough, coughHillarycough

Lets keep it above the belt and as far away from the pit as possible aye?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Reminds me of this.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I used to work for the railroad here in in KC. One night in the middle of winter they found a guy on a train wearing shorts a tanktop and flip flops.

He said last thing he remembers was being drunk in MIami.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In one of the articles he said he remembered skiing and thought he might have sustained a head injury. He also remembered being in a truck part of the way.

In my opinion, confusion after sustaining a head injury while skiing is the most likely explanation.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

I found another answer to an earlier question.

said the man was last seen at the top of the Little Whiteface spur, where the gondola leads, and that he was wearing a green jacket.

Source link

It does sound like he made it to the top of the run. Was hoping you could provide source for your statement about possible head injury and being in truck? I have not seen that.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939
Is there really such a perfect and all seeing surveillance system working in the "U"SA?
Then i would have other thoughts and problems than the dis- and reappearing of a guy, to be honest xD
And i bet they were searching for him around the mountain area later, but not in California. How many people disappear every day in the "U"SA, why doesn´t the almighty "U"S surveillance system find them in seconds?

Why does somebody need hunting gear to find edibles like nuts for example, or whatever one can find, even in a winter situation. And he didn´t even have to eat in that time, a human can live 30 days without food, and water(snow) was enough everywhere. If he is not a too skinny guy then to eat nothing for some days shouldn´t even be a problem for his health.

Who says that he was dropped off on a busy street. How would you see a car that nobody knows, that nobody searches for?

We know that people would do anything to make money, that´s why i am very sceptic. I am just trying to find out what could have happened, besides any UFO or other supernatural explanation. So the first motiv i think of is money, people want to make money. Maybe he really was inspired by some Missing 411 documentations or the movie Fire in the Sky. As long it is possible that all that was made up by the guy, i am very sceptic.

And it maybe is also possible that he is suffering from amnesia and really walked around in the boondocks for that time, maybe came to road and hitchhiked and ended up in sacramento by this way. Still possible.

At least i don´t hope for that guy that he had to experience something similiar to what Travis Walton experienced, or maybe even something worse.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Is there really such a perfect and all seeing surveillance system working in the "U"SA?

Well, not exactly, it's eye is in Pine Gap and if you recall the 1st 48hrs of flight MH370 going missing, you'll recall that the Pentagon activated telemetry from the Gap to narrow the search to off the Western Australian coast somewhere, and that's all they had to say about that!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hmmm...new detail to this story.

When deputies found Constantinos "Danny" Filippidis at the Sacramento International Airport on Tuesday, he had a new iPhone, a hair cut and little memory of how he got there, according to a sheriff's office spokesman

www.syracuse.com...

edit on 2 14 2018 by CynConcepts because: Un able to correct linked source sorry.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

When deputies found Constantinos "Danny" Filippidis at the Sacramento International Airport on Tuesday, he had a new iPhone, a hair cut and little memory of how he got there, according to a sheriff's office spokesman

[url=http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2018/02/from_the_adirondacks_to_sacramento_how_missing_skier_told_deputies_he_crossed_th.html]Source[/url ]

Hmmm, new hairdo and iphone, same ski gear, helmet and goggles.

Curiouser and curiouser.....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

He looks pretty creepy himself looking at his picture.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm thinking maybe split personality or some other actual plausible scientific explanation before I would jump to aliens.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That´s what i mean. I am pretty sure "they"(TPTB) want to make us people believe that "they" have allmighty, all seeing, perfectly working surveillance system, so we censor ourselves for example, even if "only" subconsciously. Before "they" used religions and their allmighty, all seeing gods to make the people believe that if they do something that is not wished (in reality by the TPTB) by their god, he will see it anyway and it is better to be obeying.

Now we all believe that they really can see everything at everytime with the modern surveillance systems. But why is there still criminality (if not wished by the TPTB, in the "U"SA for example to fill the privatized jails that have to make profits for their owners), why do people disappear into thin air, daily? Because there is no allmighty, perfectly working surveillance system YET!

We people just believe there is one, China is maybe near of what we believe the west has working perfectly to spy on eah one of us. They TRY to spy on each one of us, no question. But they just make us believe that the rally can do it, yet.

My two cents to that issue...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

[url=http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2018/02/from_the_adirondacks_to_sacramento_how_missing_skier_told_deputies_he_crossed_th.html]Source[/url ]

Hmmm, new hairdo and iphone, same ski gear, helmet and goggles.

Curiouser and curiouser.....

Hmmm...I apparently deleted another quote within that above noted article.

When deputies arrived, they didn't entirely believe Filippidis' story until running him through a missing persons' database, said Sgt. Shaun Hampton, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department police information officer.

"Our deputies didn't immediately understand the gravity of the situation," Hampton said.

Though Filippidis remembered little, he recalled skiing and thought he'd suffered a head injury, Hampton said. 

He told deputies he'd forgotten how he arrived at the airport or who drove him there, but that he rode in a "big rig-style truck" and slept "a lot," Hampton said. 

Between the Adirondacks and Sacramento, Filippidis bought an iPhone, he told deputies, which he used to call his wife on Tuesday. Filippidis told deputies a truck dropped him off in downtown Sacramento, where he got a hair cut, Hampton said. 

The missing skier had forgotten how he traveled from downtown Sacramento to the airport -- approximately 11 miles, Hampton said.

Definitely ...curiouser and curiouser...surely the exam would show if he had a concussion?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Question: Can you purchase and activate an iphone in the US without ID?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Maybe he got rufied?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: CynConcepts

Question: Can you purchase and activate an iphone in the US without ID?

I don't know about a IPhone specifically, but certainly phones can be activated when using a credit card. Obviously, he had to have not left that behind, unless he used someone else's?

It appears the sheriff's office in Sacremento are not investigating into this incidence any further. They are leaving it go based on what little info he gave them.

Edit add: all I can say, if he were my husband, he better come home with a head injury or he WILL surely end up with one!
edit on 2 14 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It does sound like he made it to the top of the run. Was hoping you could provide source for your statement about possible head injury and being in truck? I have not seen that.

I read it in this article here: NYup.com[edit by]edit on 14-2-2018 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This happened to a friend of mine , as he describes it- right around 1130-12 am standing a few feet from his car he looked up at the moon thinking it was bright that night ... then woke up or came to 2 1/2 miles from where he was parked off a main highway/ road in a ravine /swamp area he looked down his shoes were clean standing on a log and startled but calm with the thought in his head it's ok im ok.. getting out of the swampy area there was no where he could go without getting muddy no idea where he was until climbing up an embankment on to a road and then recognizing where he was it was daylight out and 7 hours had passed no memory from looking up at the moon till coming to in the ravine swamp he walked back to his car to note this was at/near an intersection of a few main roads ive tried numerous times for him to point out or tell me where he ended up- he did once when we were drunk but i never noted it at the exact location on the phone map we were looking at i wanted to go back and look around he wont go near the place! even to stake it out it may be a drop off point locally if this has happened to others in the area oh when he finally made it back to his car he keys and wallet were layed out perfectly centered on his seat......

Sorry for the no paragraphs but i just had to let yall know ive posted about this before a few years ago now after that he didn't go out for two years still doesn't like to go down town this happened in Raleigh NC

edit on 14-2-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join