It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They watched Fire in the Sky the night he went missing. And the guy had a great idea, had enough of working to make money to live. So he decided to create a fantastic story, similiar to what he saw in the movie. He travelled to Sacramento, chilled one week in the sun, then he put on his ski gear again and contacted the law enforcement officers. Acting as if he knows nothing or he told them an UFO story and they are hiding it, the MIB have to do their work first now.

Later there will be a movie and books...

And no, with that i am not saying that i don´t believe the Travis Walton story!

Forgot to say, such stories brought me to ATS years ago, great to read something like this again!!!

edit on 14 2 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Great find.

I'll be following along too.

So a week later He called his wife then called 911 from somewhere in Sacramento? Where in Sac-town? A Hotel, side of the road, an old college flame?

Him still wearing the helmet and goggles when the police show up (to where ever he was) is strange but it easily could be part of a cover up.

My guess: He meets a floozy on the mountain, he hops a ride with her back to Sac-town on her dime (leaves ID, wallet, phone back at his room).

He grabs some Wal-mart off the rack travel clothes on the ride there. They party all the way to Sacramento. He sobers up yesterday and calls his wife. She says multiple local and state agencies from US and Canada are looking for him. He straps on the helmet and goggles, calls 911 and says " I don't remember what happened!".

I'm hoping for a supernatural / ET reason but I think the most likely is a version of the above.

Slante'

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Bizarre indeed. This reminds me of the 411 cases.

I wonder if he ate or drank anything?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I have seen a man 'vanish' before, it was so odd I made I made a thread about it.

Who knows, aliens seem unlikely (unless they came from our solar system or disobeyed the laws of physics) or they are people seeping into our dimension.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Bizarre indeed. This reminds me of the 411 cases.

I wonder if he ate or drank anything?

They said he was in good health, so yes.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

Out of that story, that is what you came up with?

Anyway, very strange, story. He still had all of his clothes on he went missing in, very odd. Definitely Fire In the Skyish. Creepy too. I hope we hear more.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I located another source with a few more details on this case.

Friends said he told them he was going on one last ski run between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Whiteface Mountain. The ski center closed at 4 p.m. last Wednesday and friends found Filippidis' bag and vehicle but not him, Ramagnano told the Adirondack Daily Enterprise.

went missing when he was on an annual ski trip with the Toronto Fire Services' 32nd District, according to Ramagnano. They've taken the trip for 20 years, he said.

NYUp article

I wonder does he remember taking his skis and going on this last run. If so, where are his skis? The article also says that a foot of snow fell the evening he went missing too. May take some time to find his missing skis/poles if they were left on the run.

If he has been doing this for the past 20 years, I suppose he felt confident on skiing the last run by himself and no partner. Still I am surprise that there hasn't been any witnesses reporting that he did indeed go up, only that was his intention.
edit on 2 14 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Its impossible to not be seen traveling from the side of a mountain in New York to California. Not to mention he was in close proximity with his friends when this happened. Probably no farther apart than 250 meters.

All these stupid theories of this guy trying to "hide" from something don't add up to anything but a wild guess. There were over 6 law enforcement departments looking for him including homeland security.

Not to mention he had no food or water since then, also he hasn't been to one bathroom in 6 days which is also impossible....

Use some logic here people.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

you tell people to use " logic " then spew out the unevidenced claims :

he had no food or water since then,

he hasn't been to one bathroom in 6 days

and as for :

Not to mention he was in close proximity with his friends when this happened. Probably no farther apart than 250 meters.

citation required

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Found an article from earlier before he was found where the police provided his picture to aid in the search for the missing man. It appears, it was taken right before he went missing. Once again, I wonder how much his facial hair grew or not in one week?

Article with his face pic

Edit add: plus in this article, it does state that he had red skis. So I am guessing no one knows where the red skis are still missing?
edit on 2 14 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Why is it impossible, somebody picks you up with his car and that´s it. Nobody was searching for him yet, nobody knew the guy before. Why should it be impossible to travel unseen from there to sacramento?

Why should he not find water or food somewhere, if he maybe really was missing in the boondocks?

He is in good shape, so he ate and drank. And you don´t need a toilet to pee or to take a dump.

Logic says something is strange, even mysterious with this story, but it has not necessarily to do with something superantural.

edit on 14 2 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Sounds to me like someone may have run-off to have an affair or something and it becoming a news story was an unintended consequence.

Out of that story, that is what you came up with?

Anyway, very strange, story. He still had all of his clothes on he went missing in, very odd. Definitely Fire In the Skyish. Creepy too. I hope we hear more.

Yes, that is one possibility. It is much more reasonable to suggest what I have than it is to say he was "Waltoned". Not to mention people have done such crazy things before.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

1 - thyey have to show evidence of illegal substance abuse

2 - " dissapearing " is not a criminal act [ in MOST cases ] nor is " being the target of a misper search "

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I find it odd that he was still in his ski clothes and wearing his goggles.

Feels more like a Missing 411 story to me.

Ahh, No its an ATS story, for sure. This is what ATS is about. A real mystery. He was 2800 miles from where he went missing, same clothes (dirty too, they say you could tell he had the clothes on for days) so I would assume he had not showered. He was confused, and unable to answer how he had gotten there. This could be another Fire in the Sky.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you tell people to use " logic " then spew out the unevidenced claims :

he had no food or water since then,

he hasn't been to one bathroom in 6 days

and as for :

Not to mention he was in close proximity with his friends when this happened. Probably no farther apart than 250 meters.

citation required

Seriously? Why don't you go find one. Since when did the obvious require citation. I'm not writing a novel.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Precisely what I thought.
Really strange case but these things do happen.

If you are not familiar with the "Missing 411" mystery here's one of the dozens of threads about it here on ATS
Thread

That area is definitely full of disappearance hotspots, this map depicts only the mysterious circumstance ones and is directly from Mr.Paulides

-Driver

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maybe he was co-opted to transport 'something' to California from New York. Give him a car tell him to go with the stuff. Maybe leave some threats about what will happen to him or his family if he doesn't. 5 days later oops I'm in California and have no idea how I got here.
edit on 14/2/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

1 - thyey have to show evidence of illegal substance abuse

2 - " dissapearing " is not a criminal act [ in MOST cases ] nor is " being the target of a misper search "

Indeed, I think that is why the blaze' comment "State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges', written by the article author, was thrown in - it could very well be a legal medical process we are awaiting so that certain aspects can be either verified or ruled out as a cause of his behaviour.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Why is it impossible, somebody picks you up with his car and that´s it. Nobody was searching for him yet, nobody knew the guy before. Why should it be impossible to travel unseen from there to sacramento?

Why should he not find water or food somewhere, if he maybe really was missing in the boondocks?

He is in good shape, so he ate and drank. And you don´t need a toilet to pee or to take a dump.

Logic says something is strange, even mysterious with this story, but it has not not necessarily to do with something superantural.

Yeah try to find a way down the side of a mountain without someone looking for you is somewhat doable. Assuming someone wants to give this guy a lift in the first place. Or stuffed in the trunk of a car.

If he or some suspect knew how to hunt or the suspect with the abducted guy got food for him, sure he could eat and drink. How can you fed him while he was "blacked out" without using an IV?

How can you erase someones memory without beating them to a pulp? What normal or average criminal has tools to erase memory like that.

What pill or narcotic could someone take that would be untraceable in a blood sample to knock somone out for 6 days straight or erase memory?

Traveling through the woods or back roads for 6 days all the way to california to be dropped off on a busy street? Where are the street cams to support this?

There wouldve been an infathomable amount of evidence to suggest the car or vehicle wouldve been seen when the guy was dropped off.

Like I said even the top levels of law enforcement are looking into this with a fine tooth comb. They would have more information that I ever could guess on.
edit on 14-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Stranger things have happened. People can and will do some very crazy things hoping they will not get caught, or will make up fantastic stories to cover their asses.

cough, coughHillarycough

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join