It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking! Russian SU-25 Bomber Shot Down Over Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Igla is a capable MANPAD.

one of its variants is a DEW with blast damage. I know Russia created the largest human made EMP where they used explosives to compress something to emit the D.E

these guys needed training to use these and keep them in working order. Do you think the US is supplying the Igla to make it ambiguous where the weapons are coming from? Someone trained them but who?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

the noise in that video sounds like a MANPAD, seems i was wrong

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

A MANPADS is pretty simple to learn. There are probably still quite a few fighters that learned on Stingers and Russian systems in Afghanistan out there that can train them.

With all the weapons out there and confusion over various groups, it could be a US weapon, it could be Russian, or it could be Russian bought by the US for some group. We supplied Russian equipment to Afghanistan and Iraq, simony because it's easier for them to learn, and familiar to them. There's just no way to say for certain.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

in the scary/gross part of the internet there is video showing the dead guy and people 'snack baring' around.

the story as i know it now(as far as the rebels say) is that the pilot pulled a gun on his captors and they killed him

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Thanks Violater1 for this post, you got a flag & star from me for it.

I don't know about it being a SAM, but at 40 seconds, you can here an English speaking voice saying, " got em..got em, got em." This is not good if this voice is real and not overlayed into the audio. Could be sneaky Chinese technology.

You touched on the highly volatile elephant in the living room when it comes to Syria, let alone the entire middle east.

Yeah, WHO said that, and was it overlaid? Was it "formerly" USA supported bad guys who shot it down?

The Syria area is a soup of whoevers and whatevers... and the chances for a mistaken cause and "bad guys" could lead to a very nasty war when and if a reprisal attack happens.

The whole area is ripe for a false flag blame game and a resultant terrible war.

The killing of the pilot was a foolish and barbaric thing to do.. but then again the whole middle east mess is a barbaric and foolish thing to do as well.

Pray for cool heads to prevail in all of this mess.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That's basically the way I heard it. He got into a gunfight, using his pistol and was killed during the fight.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Good point. Let's not forget that many English speaking people flocked to the M.E. to support ISIS.

Could be overlay, could be terrorist, could be a spook trying to start ww3. Hard to tell without video to i.d. some faces.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's basically the way I heard it. He got into a gunfight, using his pistol and was killed during the fight.

He new that if he surrendered, they would either immolate, or decapitate him.
He died a soldiers death.
May GOD rest his soul and comfort his family.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Putin didn't respond because

Oh Putin did respond, there were eight months of car bombs, infrastructure explosions, and consistent military casualties for which the blame was frequently and conveniently blamed on ISIS or PKK. Those random attacks subsided once Erdogan bent his knee and mended relations.

Al-Nusra claimed this attack, and the Russian data according to the Russians point to a MANPAD system. Their claims anyways. You give the Turks an inch, and they go for a mile you know?? They should not have ran from Afrin with their tail between their legs. Do not expect the same from US forces in Manbij, where the Turks have been hesitant to fulfill their promises of clearing that.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

As far as I'm concerned, Turks are enablers of international terrorism and state sponsors of terrorism. They are an authoritarian junta under Erdogan, who staged a coup under false pretenses to persecute his enemies and solidify his dictatorial powers over the Turkish government. No different than the runaway liberalism in Venezuela, look at their shopping mall-turned torture complex as a shining example of far left governments.

Or for those who prefer American metaphors, look at Chicago/Baltimore/NY/LA/et al

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

freaking shame...reminds me of the video where some american soldiers were dead and one of the lifeless body was paraded around..we should just pretend that the middleast does not exist and check on it in a thousand years...

what's also amazing is Russia killed 30 terrorists after the shoot down....why the hell didn't they hit them with a cruise missle first if they new where the terrorist were?? the intel just becsme availble 8 hrs after the shootdown?
edit on 3-2-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

that was fallujah

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Terrible that we supply weapons so carelessly, yet infringe on our people's Constitutional rights to those same weapons.

Regardless, why on Earth are we supplying these weapons to rogue entities like Al Nusra and Ukraine?

(off topic)

By the way, I'd just like to mention how totally horribly Obama/Nuland's regime change in Ukraine ended up. Not only did three parts of Ukraine break away and join Russia, but now the so-called pro-Western pro-US government has recently declared it is putting "Western integration on hold" and is infringing on the rights of their people.

Guess all of the neo-Nazi brigades they're using to fight Crimeans weren't such a great idea either, huh Obama/Nuland? Once again, the establishment of meddlers create instability in the world (and at home).

..and a small number of people actually believe Russia is the largest threat we face. Give me a break. The threat is within, exactly as the founders said it would be.
edit on 2/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is the latest video I could find.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Another Su-25 was almost shot down in the same area the day before. Russian government sources are apparently saying the missiles were shipped in from "a neighboring country" a few days before.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: inhisshadow

originally posted by: St Udio

syria.liveuamap.com...

i find this constant update map of Syria very worthy of Saving...to follow news on events & just where in Syria the event is happening

It's very slow and not accurate. Syria civil war map is much better.

syriancivilwarmap.com...

That's a pretty neat resource. A legend would be nice though, for those of us who are only casually following this. ETA: I'm an idiot, all you have to do is click on a color and it tells you what it represents.

On another note, I have to take exception to folks speculating this is meant as some sort of distraction from anything else that's going on in the world. It's not like this is getting wall-to-wall coverage in the media. When you call everything a false flag, nothing is a false flag.
edit on 4 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There was a 55 truck supply convoy into the area from Turkey last week.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is from zerohedge:

www.zerohedge.com...

The Russian Ministry of Defense has released footage showing a precision strike against terrorists in the northwest Syria province of Idlib, following the downing of an Su-25 jet. The pilot, Roman Nikolaevich Filippov safely ejected - only to be killed by militants on the ground, according to the Ministry.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I qualified with the Redeye. The class took about 4 hours including two training rounds.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join