It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking! Russian SU-25 Bomber Shot Down Over Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Israeli News Live reports that a Russian SU-25 bomber was shot over Syria the Idlib province by rebel forces. It is still unclear as to which group shot down the Russian bomber. The Pilot did eject and was captured and his lifeless body has already appeared on Twitter. WARNING very graphic!

www.youtube.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

This is a developing story. The reporter states that it is possible that the rebels decapitated the pilot. I have read that the Kurds do not behead people but the Turks do. If that the case then is Erdogan going to trigger a war? Russia will come back and unleash hell.
edit on V222018Saturdayam28America/ChicagoSat, 03 Feb 2018 10:22:27 -06001 by Violater1 because: gdji[

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The Frogfoot is a slow aircraft, and it is ancient by modern standards (it's a 40 yr old + design).

Even rudimentary AA poses a threat to it if it's deployed recklessly.

In fact I'm surprised more of them don't get shot down.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Probably Turkish forces. This is extremely worrying as Turkey are in NATO.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If US politicians send American men and women to war FOR Turkey, you can count on some serious civil and social disobedience.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Probably Turkish forces. This is extremely worrying as Turkey are in NATO.

Yes, the last time the Turks shot down a Russian jet, was 2015. It had penetrated about 2 Km within the Turkish country. Putin didn't respond because he knew the pilot messed up. BUT, this is much different!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's Biblical that Russia would be in the last war. So is Israel and Turkey.

This is. . . . .concerning.

I hope, being a new father, that cooler heads prevail here. I do NOT want to be defending Turkey.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This could be very bad. Especially if the pilot survived being shot down and was later executed.

That will piss off any nation and their military. Most definitely Russia. Not only did they poke the bear, they kicked it and spit in it's face...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Video of the plane coming down.

If you drop bombs on people you must expect as response especially when they have the means to give one , it'll be interesting to see who claims responsibility.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So, putting on my tinfoil cap...

Could this become a narrative change to take focus off DOJ/FBI collusion? The MSM and lawmakers could start yelling for US/NATO intervention if Russia retaliated against Turkish forces. This could also lead to the MSM/Congress crying about Trump's apparent lack or want of support for NATO.

So I guess we'll just have to wait to see what Russia does. Any attack on one is an attack against every NATO country.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Twitter links in the OP are not working. Says page does not exist.
Error in link or link deleted by Twitter?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here is another video.
I don't think the pilot even saw it coming.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatTheory

error in link. If you quote it, the links show as incomplete. Its for the best. Those were the images of the pilot after being captured. He is no longer with us.

edit on 2 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Yep, this could be the start. However, we are jumping to conclusions at this point but I've got a bad feeling about this.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The bomber wreckage will be recovered and inspected-analyzed---- the method of shooting it down will be determined--- the likely source of the bomber destruction will be known

it might well be USA missiles involved...leaving either NATO Ally Turkey or USA proxy armies accountable...but Who Knows with the War Hawk Generals having Carte Blanch on Military Ops over there under the Trump policy the USA Troops that are Training & Supplying the various fighting forces against Syria-in-Syria (AKA: invasion forces) might just be the culprits

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I don't see how it's an act of war outside of Syria. What happens in Syria stays in Syria.

Though I do suppose adjoining regions can be included in the free for all, within reason.

Remember how things worked in Vietnam?

Anyone can shoot at anyone within the agreed killing sector and it's OK. There aren't even any laws or rules of war anymore - if there were who's gonna enforce them and how?

If you enter the sector to kill and you get killed it doesn't matter who shot you - Syria is a free for all. Everyone has plausible deniability.

Turkey and Russia will not go to war over this, that's absurd. Even if Turkey admitted to doing it it wouldn't matter.

Russia can freely attack Turk forces and Turks can attack Russian forces in Syria and it doesn't mean anything outside of Syria. It is a contained conflict.

What happens in Syria stays in Syria. Adjoining regions may or may not be included as fair game.
edit on 2/3/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Turkey currently has better relations with Russia than it's western allies, you can count them out as the culprit unless they pulled a false flag and shot it down from a Kurdish controlled area to lure Russia into bombing the Kurds.

Russian news isn't reporting this as of now, but that sure does look like a SU-25, and it did go down.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That's not true.

If Russian and Turkish forces engage in a direct combat anywhere in the world, it would mean a war between two countries. For example, you had both Russians and Americans conducting their own operations in Syria, and they never targeted one another. As a matter of fact, they would normally send out warning beforehand to evacuate any personal one of the country might have at the targeted location.

What happens in Syria might lead to a full out war between countries.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well despite how macabre that post was, I hope you're right.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Turkey would do that. I dont think anyone should trust them.
edit on 2 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How quickly everyone forgets Russians bombing Turkish forces coming across the border a year ago. Now the Turkish have always fired at the Russians, but now they have shot something down. This is all that has happened, now it is time to see what Russia's response is. It will reveal what relations are between Trump and Putin, who are probably texting right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join