It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: US is the enemy for Turkey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: BrightConversation

originally posted by: chrismir
Turkey, or at least the events in Turkey, are in my opinion the biggest threat in the world to keep an eye on. The Kurds had a big impact in the war against IS. Now that 'job' is done they are under attack of the Turkish government and are frustrated the world is just watching. They expect backup of the west as return of their effort in facing IS.

So, what is the West doing? Just let Turkey do what they do? Abandon the Kurds and risk another Taliban? Keep in mind Kurds are all over Europe (don't know about US), mass protests have already taken place.

Personally I would love to see the West giving Turkey a big slap in the face, but I don't see that happening. Turkey is part of NATO and removing them from NATO would be a new chapter in itself (do we really want Turkey to fully military collaborate with Russia).

Damn sick situation.

What a racist and religionist post , like the rest of this thread .

Without Turks , there is NO NATO .

Painfull as it might be ; Turks provide security for West .

Lol Turkey being in NATO is an antiquated decision at this point.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO to stop them from fighting each other. Neither side is there to fight Russia which is the purpose of NATO.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO because they were anti-communist, and were pivotal in preventing Soviet expansion.

Now the only role Turkey plays in NATO is in the war on terrorism. If the US pulls out of that, what use is Turkey in NATO.

Turks can stand on their own against anyone .

History teaches you that fact .

French asked Turks help when they were facing Germen threat and Greeks are only back in NATO because Turks agreed .

When Russians roll into Europe ; French will again betray the Germans and make a deal with Russians .

Brits aren't gonna die for Germans either .

Turks are the only people who taxed Americans , Germans , French , Brits , Greeks , Russians , Chinese .

Turks are not scared of any one nation ; history didn't teach you that ?

In Korean War ,Turks heroics are legendary just ask veterans .

You can romanticize history, but it will forever remain history. Things change.

Turks write history ; just because they were silent in last 100 years doesn't mean they changed .

Tell me whom the Turks should be scarred off ?

(post by BrightConversation removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by BrightConversation removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 23432

I understand the ethnocentric posts. But first off Islam would not be as good as dead if Turkey falls. That is an outrageous claim.

Second no proof Turkey has nukes. They may have aquired them but it's certainly unknown. Turkey certainly does not produce nukes or very many weapons at all.

Nato may need Turkey for a strategic position but it's the US that Nato needs the most. Hands down.

France is every bit as important as is Germany. Both nations manufacture equipment which Turkey does not. Turkey is years away from producing there own supply of heavy arms. They need Europe, Russia, China, or the US to keep a supply line.

Turkey under erdogan is playing their best cards but too soon and too often. They are in no position to back off Europe and the US or will end up in the hands of Russia. Which may seem like a good short term plan for erdogan buts a bluff that will eventually fail if overplayed.

My claims are not ethnocentric at all . Turks represent " Northern Islam " and Arabs represents " Southern Islam " .

Whenever Islamic World gets organised ; it is under the rule of Turks .

Turks have nukes as well as more than few hundred million soldiers from all over the World .

Turks are not denying the number one role of US but without US Turks would be fine . Russians , Arabs, Greeks , Persians or Chinese don't scare the Turks either .

Turks can defeat Germans in an afternoon and French in anhour , that is if they turn up . Currently Turks manufacture % 80 of their own arms and in year 2023 , it will almost % 100 .
Your information is about 10 years out of date .

Putin's wife is an ethnic Turk and all the " stan " countries are Turks too . Russia has millions of Turks ; Russia needs Turks more than Turks need Russia .

Turks and Russians have no reason to go to war ; Erdogan probably would give them a base in Cyprus if it comes to it .

Only the Brits are on par with Turks in terms of military and Brits are on the side of Turks , yet again . Such as politics for you .

You are underestimating Turks big time .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Turkey, or at least the events in Turkey, are in my opinion the biggest threat in the world to keep an eye on. The Kurds had a big impact in the war against IS. Now that 'job' is done they are under attack of the Turkish government and are frustrated the world is just watching. They expect backup of the west as return of their effort in facing IS.

So, what is the West doing? Just let Turkey do what they do? Abandon the Kurds and risk another Taliban? Keep in mind Kurds are all over Europe (don't know about US), mass protests have already taken place.

Personally I would love to see the West giving Turkey a big slap in the face, but I don't see that happening. Turkey is part of NATO and removing them from NATO would be a new chapter in itself (do we really want Turkey to fully military collaborate with Russia).

Damn sick situation.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO to stop them from fighting each other. Neither side is there to fight Russia which is the purpose of NATO.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO because they were anti-communist, and were pivotal in preventing Soviet expansion.

Now the only role Turkey plays in NATO is in the war on terrorism. If the US pulls out of that, what use is Turkey in NATO.

Turks can stand on their own against anyone .

History teaches you that fact .

French asked Turks help when they were facing Germen threat and Greeks are only back in NATO because Turks agreed .

When Russians roll into Europe ; French will again betray the Germans and make a deal with Russians .

Brits aren't gonna die for Germans either .

Turks are the only people who taxed Americans , Germans , French , Brits , Greeks , Russians , Chinese .

Turks are not scared of any one nation ; history didn't teach you that ?

In Korean War ,Turks heroics are legendary just ask veterans .

You can romanticize history, but it will forever remain history. Things change.

Turks write history ; just because they were silent in last 100 years doesn't mean they changed .

Tell me whom the Turks should be scarred off ?

They should be afraid of science and technology. Their Allah didn't save them when they were beaten by the Russians. Their Allah didn't save them when the British dismantled their Ottoman empire. Without science and technology, you can't be a super power like Russia these day.

You information is not accurate .

Half the Turks are not religious ; if you look at the last 1000 years , you'll see that Turks held their own against West and Russia .

You don't understand the importance of Turks ; If Russia wants to attack Turks than West is on the side of Turks and if West wants to attack Turks than Russians are on the side of Turks .

Ottoman Empire dismantled due after 600 years and that is longer than most " superpower empires " .

At least 1.4 billion muslims are looking up to Turks as we speak and they are all awaiting Erdogan to say the word .
Turks have bases in Bosnia , Albania , Kosovo , Sudan , Somali , Qatar , Afghanistan .

I think belittling the Turks is a mistake that will be costly . Constantinapolis is point in case .

All the Turk wants is equal treatment , nothing more .

edit on 28-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mortex , I changed my avatar so you can see my face .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I understand the ethnocentric posts. But first off Islam would not be as good as dead if Turkey falls. That is an outrageous claim.

Second no proof Turkey has nukes. They may have aquired them but it's certainly unknown. Turkey certainly does not produce nukes or very many weapons at all.

Nato may need Turkey for a strategic position but it's the US that Nato needs the most. Hands down.

France is every bit as important as is Germany. Both nations manufacture equipment which Turkey does not. Turkey is years away from producing there own supply of heavy arms. They need Europe, Russia, China, or the US to keep a supply line.

Turkey under erdogan is playing their best cards but too soon and too often. They are in no position to back off Europe and the US or will end up in the hands of Russia. Which may seem like a good short term plan for erdogan buts a bluff that will eventually fail if overplayed.

My claims are not ethnocentric at all . Turks represent " Northern Islam " and Arabs represents " Southern Islam " .

Turks have nukes as well as more than few hundred million soldiers from all over the World .

Turks are not denying the number one role of US but without US Turks would be fine . Russians , Arabs, Greeks , Persians or Chinese don't scare the Turks either .

Turks can defeat Germans in an afternoon and French in anhour , that is if they turn up . Currently Turks manufacture % 80 of their own arms and in year 2023 , it will almost % 100 .

Putin's wife is an ethnic Turk and all the " stan " countries are Turks too . Russia has millions of Turks ; Russia needs Turks more than Turks need Russia .

Turks and Russians have no reason to go to war ; Erdogan probably would give them a base in Cyprus if it comes to it .

Only the Brits are on par with Turks in terms of military and Brits are on the side of Turks , yet again . Such as politics for you .

When Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, Turks did object but they would not go to war with Russia. The time of swords and bows and arrows is over. These days, white people like Russians have so much technology it'll make your head spin. Thermal night vision can see you even in the dark.

Russians aren't " White " they are Eurasians .

You need to search about Turkish Military industry Complex because you really have no idea .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Mortex , I changed my avatar so you can see my face .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Turks will fail in Syria. You will see that. They think 30 million Kurds is so easy to deal with. They are wrong. This is their Korea, their Vietnam, their Afghanistan all rolled into one.

Most Kurds back Turks ; you are being fooled .

It's been 10 days since Turkish military begunthe operation olive branch in Afrin . How many casualties of civilians you have heard ?

What you don't understand is that while Russians and Americans are hated by the locals , Turks are welcomed .
These people are relatives to Turks , not " dirty Arabs or Kurds " .

Your mistake is to equate majority of Kurds with the Terrorist organisation set up by pseudo Kurds i.e alleged Armenian Genocide victims who have changed their names and passed themselves of as Kurds .

I live in the most Kurdish populated city on Earth , there are 3 million Kurds in Istanbul and they are armed .

By and large they back Turkish Government actions .

You have been sold a romantic dream ; watch " wag the dog " .

edit on 28-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Since Turks begun the Operation Olive Branch Istanbul Stock Market is up and Dollar is down .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Damn sick situation.

Common sense.
It was in western interests to have Turkey and Greece in NATO to limit communist/Soviet expansion into the Med.
Greece re entered NATOs military command because it was in western interests. This Erdogan mouth piece guy flooding the forum with his crap thinks it’s because Turkey agreed. Turkey had no choice and it’s opinion was irrelevant. Just like today Greece had no choice and it’s opinion was irrelevant on Albania joining..a country that mistreats the Greek minority in southern Albania and has unofficial territorial claims.

Western interests trump Greeces or Turkeys interests.

The west turns a blind eye to Turkeys violations of international laws because they’ve had a use for Turkeys territory in the Middle East. Some Turks like our friend with the nhmbers for a name confuse this with Turkey being some sort of world power.

As you said once they no longer have a need for the base in Turkey what use is Turkey?

Coincidentally the US and Greece are going to expand the joint NATO facilities in Souda Bay in Crete, and another base is likely to be opened in the north east Aegean.
Meanwhile, while they carve a new Middle East our, you bet there will be new US bases in new places. Turkey won’t be of any use at that stage.
The Turks are right to fear the West planning to carve up Turkey in a new Middle East. The Balkanisation of Turkey will happen. There’s already three main factions and others. Islamists, Kemalists, Kurds, and then you have the Alevis among others.
The Kemalists obviously are a pro west group. Also the educated amongst the Turks namely around the Western Asia Minor coast. Kurds obviously in the south east generally but there’s many all over Turkey.
It’ll be a bigger blood bath then Yugoslavia’s break up.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
How do most Kurds back Turkey? Lol
If they did the PKK wouldn’t be such a challenge.
The PKK has been a constant problem for decades now.
How do they operate amongst the Kurds if most Kurds support Turkey?
Wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Weren’t you claiming to be British? The more you post the more Turkish you sound.

Turkeys defence industry is minor.
Turkey bought the plans and tech for an outdated Italian attack helicopter that had few to no exports. Italians are working on a new chopper already.
Turkey bought the plans and tech for a South Korean howitzer. Big deal.
Turkey bought the plans for the Korean tank, made some minor cosmetic changes, and still can’t find an engine for it since Germany decided they won’t sell Turkey engines. Lol.
It’s outdated M60 tanks were upgraded by Israel at a ridiculously high price. And they are no match for current modern tanks after all that money.
Turkeys milgen corvette is loaded with foreign systems and components, without which it wouldn’t be able to produce it.
Turkeys larger missiles are Chinese copies, pure and simple.
Turkeys “indigenous” trainer is actually a foreign design as well lol.
Turkeys various rifles are just rifles based on a copy of the AR15. Turkey isn’t alone in that though.

Maybe later on I’ll post the analysis from a Russian military expert of Turkeys operation in Syria so far. It’s quite funny reading.

You seriously need to cool it with this Turkey stronk nonsense. This isn’t the usual forums you frequent.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Nationalist fools if you ask me. Turkey used to be extremely moderate place until your loser president took over and pushed ottoman bull# propaganda. Why do you think the Turkish army is so strong? All it takes is a few aircraft carrier parked outside of Istanbul and maybe we can get a seccesful military coup

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

my predictions is this
1.turkey will smurf up so bad that they will get dropped out of nato.

2 turkey will attack russian troops while trying to secure sections of syria to run proposed saudi pipeline to europe

3 russians will take this as act of war.

4 us would tell nato to let turks fend for themselves

5 after so harsh warnings to turkey russia is left no choice and bitch slaps turkey.

6 turks lose all military .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
How do most Kurds back Turkey? Lol
If they did the PKK wouldn’t be such a challenge.
The PKK has been a constant problem for decades now.
How do they operate amongst the Kurds if most Kurds support Turkey?
Wishful thinking.

Mortex

You hatred for Turks is blinding you .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join