It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: US is the enemy for Turkey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrightConversation

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: chrismir
Turkey, or at least the events in Turkey, are in my opinion the biggest threat in the world to keep an eye on. The Kurds had a big impact in the war against IS. Now that 'job' is done they are under attack of the Turkish government and are frustrated the world is just watching. They expect backup of the west as return of their effort in facing IS.

So, what is the West doing? Just let Turkey do what they do? Abandon the Kurds and risk another Taliban? Keep in mind Kurds are all over Europe (don't know about US), mass protests have already taken place.

Personally I would love to see the West giving Turkey a big slap in the face, but I don't see that happening. Turkey is part of NATO and removing them from NATO would be a new chapter in itself (do we really want Turkey to fully military collaborate with Russia).

Damn sick situation.

What a racist and religionist post , like the rest of this thread .

Without Turks , there is NO NATO .

Painfull as it might be ; Turks provide security for West .

Yeah? By letting millions of Islamic extremists pour through their border into Europe? Yeah I bet Europeans feel real safe knowing Turkey is looking out for them.

Currently 4 million Syrians are refugees in in Turkey and Erdogan is fighting to reverse the ethnic cleansing the US assisted Kurdish terrorist organisations so that these refugees don't end up in Europe .

Thats the truth , you can deal with it in your own time .

Kill the Kurds. Replace them with Turkmen. Neither side is right. Ethnic groups fight for land. Have always been. Always will be. That is the brutal nature of war.

Turks don't kill Kurds anymore than Americans kill Mexicans .

In case of Afrin ; it was a town of 300K before Kurds took over and the population was % 65 Arab , % 30 Kurd and % 5 Turkmen .

As of today no Arabs left ; they all ended up in Turkey .

Erdogan is actually working to return these Syrians back to Syria .

Turks have no intention of taking land from Syria or Iraq ; both peoples look up to Istanbul s their unofficial capital .

Turkmens are a different story and obviously if Syria and Iraq is partitioned than Turkmen Card will be on the table too .

US have been fooled into thinking that Kurds and Turks will fight and this will open up a room for Greater Israel to be secure in the area for ever .

Israel is only safe in the Area under Turks protection .

Only Turks have the chutzpa to slap Israel and protect Israel at the same time ; Arabs , Persians and Greeks regard Turks and Jews as outsiders .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: 23432

I'm interested I'm learning from all of you.

Thank you .

I think any moment someone will complain to a Mod and my posts may get deleted .

In the mean time , ask away .

I'd be happy to oblige .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Turkey, or at least the events in Turkey, are in my opinion the biggest threat in the world to keep an eye on. The Kurds had a big impact in the war against IS. Now that 'job' is done they are under attack of the Turkish government and are frustrated the world is just watching. They expect backup of the west as return of their effort in facing IS.

So, what is the West doing? Just let Turkey do what they do? Abandon the Kurds and risk another Taliban? Keep in mind Kurds are all over Europe (don't know about US), mass protests have already taken place.

Personally I would love to see the West giving Turkey a big slap in the face, but I don't see that happening. Turkey is part of NATO and removing them from NATO would be a new chapter in itself (do we really want Turkey to fully military collaborate with Russia).

Damn sick situation.

Lol Turkey being in NATO is an antiquated decision at this point.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I understand the ethnocentric posts. But first off Islam would not be as good as dead if Turkey falls. That is an outrageous claim.

Second no proof Turkey has nukes. They may have aquired them but it's certainly unknown. Turkey certainly does not produce nukes or very many weapons at all.

Nato may need Turkey for a strategic position but it's the US that Nato needs the most. Hands down.

France is every bit as important as is Germany. Both nations manufacture equipment which Turkey does not. Turkey is years away from producing there own supply of heavy arms. They need Europe, Russia, China, or the US to keep a supply line.

Turkey under erdogan is playing their best cards but too soon and too often. They are in no position to back off Europe and the US or will end up in the hands of Russia. Which may seem like a good short term plan for erdogan buts a bluff that will eventually fail if overplayed.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Regardless Turkey is gonna need allies and North Korea is one potential ally.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Damn sick situation.

Nope .

NATO ‘acknowledges’ Turkey’s terror concern

Asked if continued tension between Washington and Ankara could negatively influence ongoing cooperation within NATO, Gottemoeller said the alliance is a “big family.” “It works closely together and must work closely together because that is the only way any decision made in NATO can go through a consensus,” she said, describing Turkey as a “full member of the alliance, engaged in every decision.”

“It is very important to remember that as in any big family there are sometimes going to be family disagreements, but the important thing to recognize is each ally has an equal seat at the table in decision-making.

They have an equal right to say ‘no’ when they don’t want something to happen.

We respect Turkey’s role in the alliance very much and value it very much,” she said.

Touching on Turkey’s controversial purchase of Russian S-400 anti-missile defense systems, Gottemoeller said NATO “respects the decisions” that its members make about all weapons purchases.

“NATO does not really determine what decisions its allies will make on weapons purchases. What NATO really focuses on is maintaining an effective defense for all allies.

One of the points that we have been keen to underscore is that we see interoperability as being very important. We can best defend our allies if our systems are able to work together to provide mutual deterrence and mutual defense.

These are some issues that countries need to consider when they make weapons purchases, but in terms of each ally making its own decisions NATO does not dictate those decisions,” she added.

Turkey’s decision to buy the Russian S-400 systems in a $2 billion deal has raised the eyebrows of other NATO members, concerned about their inter-operability with the alliance’s other systems.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Greeks and French are sell outs ; Turks don't sell their allies out .

edit on 28-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Bull the French are the second most important nato member. It's second largest arms manufacturer.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Damn sick situation.

Nope .

Asked if continued tension between Washington and Ankara could negatively influence ongoing cooperation within NATO, Gottemoeller said the alliance is a “big family.” “It works closely together and must work closely together because that is the only way any decision made in NATO can go through a consensus,” she said, describing Turkey as a “full member of the alliance, engaged in every decision.”

“It is very important to remember that as in any big family there are sometimes going to be family disagreements, but the important thing to recognize is each ally has an equal seat at the table in decision-making.

They have an equal right to say ‘no’ when they don’t want something to happen.

We respect Turkey’s role in the alliance very much and value it very much,” she said.

Touching on Turkey’s controversial purchase of Russian S-400 anti-missile defense systems, Gottemoeller said NATO “respects the decisions” that its members make about all weapons purchases.

“NATO does not really determine what decisions its allies will make on weapons purchases. What NATO really focuses on is maintaining an effective defense for all allies.

One of the points that we have been keen to underscore is that we see interoperability as being very important. We can best defend our allies if our systems are able to work together to provide mutual deterrence and mutual defense.

These are some issues that countries need to consider when they make weapons purchases, but in terms of each ally making its own decisions NATO does not dictate those decisions,” she added.

Turkey’s decision to buy the Russian S-400 systems in a $2 billion deal has raised the eyebrows of other NATO members, concerned about their inter-operability with the alliance’s other systems.

Greeks and French are sell outs ; Turks don't sell their allies out .

Yep.

Without the Cold war, and should the west stop the war on terror, what use is Turkey in NATO.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Damn sick situation.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO to stop them from fighting each other. Neither side is there to fight Russia which is the purpose of NATO.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO because they were anti-communist, and were pivotal in preventing Soviet expansion.

Now the only role Turkey plays in NATO is in the war on terrorism. If the US pulls out of that, what use is Turkey in NATO.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Damn sick situation.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO to stop them from fighting each other. Neither side is there to fight Russia which is the purpose of NATO.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO because they were anti-communist, and were pivotal in preventing Soviet expansion.

Now the only role Turkey plays in NATO is in the war on terrorism. If the US pulls out of that, what use is Turkey in NATO.

Turks can stand on their own against anyone .

History teaches you that fact .

French asked Turks help when they were facing Germen threat and Greeks are only back in NATO because Turks agreed .

When Russians roll into Europe ; French will again betray the Germans and make a deal with Russians .

Brits aren't gonna die for Germans either .

Turks are the only people who taxed Americans , Germans , French , Brits , Greeks , Russians , Chinese .

Turks are not scared of any one nation ; history didn't teach you that ?

In Korean War ,Turks heroics are legendary just ask veterans .

edit on 28-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Bull the French are the second most important nato member. It's second largest arms manufacturer.

Yeah , cheese eating surrounder m....s

They can't fight .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Turks and Koreans are Asians. Turkey buys self propelled howitzers from South Korea.

Bloodbrothers , Turks and South Koreans are very close indeed .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Mortex , I changed my avatar so you can see my face .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Damn sick situation.

Yeah? By letting millions of Islamic extremists pour through their border into Europe? Yeah I bet Europeans feel real safe knowing Turkey is looking out for them.

Currently 4 million Syrians are refugees in in Turkey and Erdogan is fighting to reverse the ethnic cleansing the US assisted Kurdish terrorist organisations so that these refugees don't end up in Europe .

Thats the truth , you can deal with it in your own time .

Kill the Kurds. Replace them with Turkmen. Neither side is right. Ethnic groups fight for land. Have always been. Always will be. That is the brutal nature of war.

Turks don't kill Kurds anymore than Americans kill Mexicans .

In case of Afrin ; it was a town of 300K before Kurds took over and the population was % 65 Arab , % 30 Kurd and % 5 Turkmen .

As of today no Arabs left ; they all ended up in Turkey .

Erdogan is actually working to return these Syrians back to Syria .

Turks have no intention of taking land from Syria or Iraq ; both peoples look up to Istanbul s their unofficial capital .

Turkmens are a different story and obviously if Syria and Iraq is partitioned than Turkmen Card will be on the table too .

US have been fooled into thinking that Kurds and Turks will fight and this will open up a room for Greater Israel to be secure in the area for ever .

Israel is only safe in the Area under Turks protection .

Only Turks have the chutzpa to slap Israel and protect Israel at the same time ; Arabs , Persians and Greeks regard Turks and Jews as outsiders .

The only way to settle 3 million pro Turkey refugees in Afrin canton is to slaughter all the Kurds there. Not gonna be politically feasible.

Not all those 3 million will be sent back to Afrin ; whereever the PKK has carried out ethnic cleansing , it will be taken back and refugees will go back to their homes .

Amerika already dropped the " so called Kurds " ; Manjib is next after Afrin.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Damn sick situation.

Turks can stand on their own against anyone .

History teaches you that fact .

French asked Turks help when they were facing Germen threat and Greeks are only back in NATO because Turks agreed .

When Russians roll into Europe ; French will again betray the Germans and make a deal with Russians .

Brits aren't gonna die for Germans either .

Turks are the only people who taxed Americans , Germans , French , Brits , Greeks , Russians , Chinese .

Turks are not scared of any one nation ; history didn't teach you that ?

In Korean War ,Turks heroics are legendary just ask veterans .

You can romanticize history, but it will forever remain history. Things change.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

South Korea is already an ally of Turkey .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join