It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: tigertatzen

Are you talking full mature animals or young ones . Big difference in intake and waste .

This is the reality, some silly people expect full grown adult elephants on a boat, not juveniles

Thats how some think

Think carefully, nobody would expect full mature animals to be transported

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Are you talking full mature animals or young ones . Big difference in intake and waste .

This is the reality, some silly people expect full grown adult elephants on a boat, not juveniles

Thats how some think

We were not there. They would need mature animals to be able to mate successfully.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
How very amusing that people actually believe there was a big boat with two of every species of every single animal alive on the planet on board. For forty days, no less.

How very amusing that people actually believe that there was a big bang and life evolved from space dust and space water

Tee Hee Hee

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Thats how some think

We were not there. They would need mature animals to be able to mate successfully.

They grow up, sweety

Dont have to take large animals in their mature selves, common sense

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Story of the life of every ATS member ever..

I’ll scan for it real fast lol.

What page??
edit on 10-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thats how some think

They grow up, sweety

Dont have to take large animals in their mature selves, common sense

We need reproduction now, not later...we're hungry.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You do realize that you can’t make a species out of 2 creatures right???

You need more genetic diversity than that.

Even from the 6(?) people Noah took with him, we should hall have crazy defects that would still be evident.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Even from the 6(?) people Noah took with him, we should hall have crazy defects that would still be evident.

Yeah, got you there.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Says the guy who believes in evolution from Space Dust and Space water
Whats in your head

You do realize that you can’t make a species out of nothing, right???
You need more genetic diversity than that, even in evolution, right???
Even from the atheistig abiogenesis, we should all have crazy defects that would still be evident, right???

Yeah, got you there.

Did you switch your brain to neutral as well
How do we get genetic diversity, if there was only one lifeform in atheistic evolution, or were there two life forms abiogenesised at the same time, with multiple amounts of genetic diversity already contained in them

He got me? He just took his own head off with the ignorance contained in his own comments
sadly, you missed it, all....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

We need reproduction now, not later...we're hungry.

Can you explain your logic with a modem of common sense
Small animals normaly have a shorter gestation period than lager ones

Also it might help to remember these animals are not roaming around expending energy
If they are juveniles, they wont need much

Listen sweety, you dont have to believe, no compulsion.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I would be shocked if this isn’t an old argument, but I had never heard it before, so I figured I would share.

So the Noah story claims that Noah put 2 of every animal on a single boat (not big enough to hold all the animals.. we have the dimensions.) then released them into the wild where they propagated into the world we see today..

Well so what did the carnivors eat for the year or 2 after they were released???

Obviously if they ate the herbivores, every meal would cause an extinction event..

If there are only 2 mice , one male and one female, then a snake eats the male. Then how do mice continue??

If the snake doesn’t eat a mouse , then how does it survive???

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

Yuk!!!

They ate the bodies of the drowned sinners of course.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I have a lot of issues to raise with Him.
If he's an interventionist, he is a psychopath, without a doubt.

His behavior does not constitute that of any kind of intelligent, caring being, I mean the story of Job for example?

Ruining a mans life to prove a point to your nemesis?
Whats that all about?

His behavior is inexcusable! If a word of it is true, he should be tried for war crimes and genocide...

Don't get me wrong, I believe in love, and that there is perhaps the possibility that there is something more to this life.
But to trust the word of a book that was written by men thousands of years ago, not even to mention the parallel story lines with other religions - yet somehow that creates hate??

I can't believe people are this stupid, and so many of them...
The human race can really grow, as a species we can accomplish great things.

But somehow we're still a species divided on racial, sexual and ethnic lines.
Personally I blame religion for holding us back

It is clear that God must have created this world, where there is cause and effect and that He is letting things develop as they do, only interfering if things go too far off the rails.

Proof please?

The proof that naturalistic laws drive events is all around you. Based upon those observables, is it a rational proposition that there is a Creator? Consider:

We know science tells us that all physical processes tend towards entropy. You release the glass above the concrete floor and it doesn't float there. Gasses disperse (even if you negate the time variable in the equations!). Chemical and Nuclear reactions tend towards the lowest energy state. Radiation, Brownian motion and universal expansion (by the Hubble and the Cosmological constants) spread everything into interminable distances and densities approaching nothingness.

Yet, we have a whole periodic table of elements, a vast array of different stellar object types and sizes, several 'forces', multiple dimensional axes, not to mention the incredible variety of configurations we call life and, somehow, against all observed factors, it has been growing in complexity, specificity and variety for 13.4 billion years?

Or, I could point you to a mathematical 'proof' (of which there are actually several) such as Gödel's ontological proof (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) (yes, a real and internationally ratified 'mathematical proof').

My guess is that, even if you actually wanted an answer from me and went into a frenzy of cross-checking and learning, you would probably accept any refutation, no matter how weak and trivial, because your mind is made up.

My hope is that you would at least see that the issues are still 'alive' and unanswered, and not as simplistically cut-and-dried as you may have been led to believe.

Here's to hope!

edit on 10/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: chr0naut

You seem to be accusing God that this world isn't some altruistic wonderland where nothing has consequence.

But we are made in gods image and yet god forgot the part of itself that would rebel. Having given free will free will adam chose. Omniscience and a pre-existing triune god would have seen the outcome and either not created adam or created more sons to sacrifice for man - as man kept sinning.
So we are back to circular reasoning to no fruitful outcome.

The Bible outlines a 'directedness' of humanity, a goal which we have not yet attained.

Nothing would change if nothing changed.

And so, the view of this brief moment of existence compared with the overview of an eternity, is juvenile beyond childhood. We are going somewhere. God has a plan the sweep of which is beyond the capacity of our brain. Yet He has told us to trust in His plan and that it will be better than we can conceive or, returning to the thread topic, potentially far worse for some of us individually, than we expect.

edit on 10/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

so then we are not sinners through Adam...thats a new take that I've never come across

I don't believe that the concept of 'original sin' is particularly Biblical.

God does not 'punish' one person for the sins of another.

I actually doubt that God punishes at all, I believe that our 'punishment' is a consequence of our own making.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

so then we are not sinners through Adam...thats a new take that I've never come across

I don't believe that the concept of 'original sin' is particularly Biblical.

God does not 'punish' one person for the sins of another.

I actually doubt that God punishes at all, I believe that our 'punishment' is a consequence of our own making.

Yes but
There are consequences for parents sins
Take Israel and when they got taken to Babylon, the children suffered a consequence of their parent sins as slaves of Babylon, not their own sins

No disrespect intended

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

noah was a timelord its why his granddad methuselah lived so long ark was way bigger on inside with actual fields of grains and vegetables and freezers full of meat

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

from Gen 6:4 were able to corrupt the DNA of nearly all humans on the planet

But according to the New Testament we are sinners through Adam and Jesus died for all of us. Why was Noah not tainted by the same token. Was he not of Adams bloodline?
hmmmm

Yes, he was! But Noah always followed God and trusted in Him (enough to even build the ark while the rest of the people made fun of him) so because of that God spared Noah and his family.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is a great question and I applaud you for asking! I don't have an answer but I'd love to hear the theories. Sadly like nearly every religious threads on ATS this will just end up being a "we are smarter than you - the bible is dumb" thread.
It always is. Will probably 15 pages of "objective, well thought out" replies before long.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Global Continental Displacement Waves caused by Nibirus passing known as Noahs Flood in the writings of the survivors WAS global....and everything was mixed and mashed...and billions of animas survived all over the planet...displaced but they survived.....Noah was a last ditch hope....in case nothing survived....things float.....circumstantial survival on a global scale leaves billions of lifeforms when trillions have been killed off.

The waters begin to recede quickly....the event is only hours long...as soon as the continents re-set and level off the waters begin draining back into the new oceanic basins....this is a rapid action......in some areas.....different everywhere...depending if your piece of this rock went UP or DOWN during the event.....any spots that went up will be covered by life forms trying to survive the millisecond the waters begin to recede....yup things will eat other things.

The meek shall inherit the earth....believe me anyone or anything which survives will with a 100% certainty be MEEK and they will also surely inherit all of the Earth.
edit on 10-1-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

excellent!!!! you need a cookie !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join