It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Are you talking full mature animals or young ones . Big difference in intake and waste .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Well so what did the carnivors eat for the year or 2 after they were released???

Fish.

Actually, just because Noah put two of every animal on the Ark doesn't mean he put the last two of of all the animals in there. There could have been other animals -- including people -- out there that found a way to survive the flood, clinging to debris, or if they were people, actually living on boats. Just because Noah built a boat doesn't mean all the boats in the world vanished.

With the Noah story, you gotta read between the lines.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You seem to be accusing God that this world isn't some altruistic wonderland where nothing has consequence.

But we are made in gods image and yet god forgot the part of itself that would rebel. Having given free will free will adam chose. Omniscience and a pre-existing triune god would have seen the outcome and either not created adam or created more sons to sacrifice for man - as man kept sinning.
So we are back to circular reasoning to no fruitful outcome.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

so then we are not sinners through Adam...thats a new take that I've never come across

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

African or European swallow.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Which was????

The trillions of feed animals that Noah brought along?!?!

Lol

If he bought oodles of feed animals, then he had way more than 2 of every herbivore huh??

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Yes that is why I pointed out that the boat wouldn’t be big enough for the animals to fit...

Lol

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
according to Ken ham, there were no carnivores back then...

they all ate veggies...

Edit: don't forget the dinosaurs... all herbivores at the time
edit on 10-1-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mockingmay

Hey that works .. I’m sure there are carnivores that don’t eat fish, but reguardless..

Credit where credit is due.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
Fish. Im at work. I dont think this requiers me to spend another minute on this. Bows out.

Better than what I thought of.

Best answer yet!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have asked that question of a minster before and he is not sure how to answer that question.

Then again, one could also ask this question: Now if the flood happened as it is written, where did the different plants and trees come from?

if you soak a seed for 40 days it may not germinate, or thrive, or even grow, so where did all of the vast different plant life come from? And fish, where did all of the different fish come from? Would not all but maybe a few species of fish die off and only a few survive? If you look, very few species of either salt water or fresh water fish can handle a change in the salt level of water, and those that can not tend to go belly up and die.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Lots of fish species can tolerate the swings in salt/fresh water ...But when it comes to looking for food man can do it and animals do a good job at it as well .even if the pickings look pretty grim

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

That's probably a better question, I'd think all the vegetation would have either died or the topsoil eroded taking out the trees, and plants, etc.

I read the Bible literally, but I think there's a lot it doesn't tell us so God probably intervened and caused the plants to grow.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

While yes they can tolerate it. And most experts will tell you that it is minutes. But then again the flood was not 40 minutes, but 40 days. So it is highly unlikely that fish would survive that long out of its correct environment for 40 days. Very few species can transition for that long in either fresh or salt water and survive. it was not a transition that was indicated, but a down pouring that flooded the land.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I would be shocked if this isn’t an old argument, but I had never heard it before, so I figured I would share.

So the Noah story claims that Noah put 2 of every animal on a single boat (not big enough to hold all the animals.. we have the dimensions.) then released them into the wild where they propagated into the world we see today..

Well so what did the carnivors eat for the year or 2 after they were released???

Obviously if they ate the herbivores, every meal would cause an extinction event..

If there are only 2 mice , one male and one female, then a snake eats the male. Then how do mice continue??

If the snake doesn’t eat a mouse , then how does it survive???

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

Yuk!!!

What was growing on the mountain that the Ark settled upon?

Perhaps they developed animal husbandry skills out of necessity.
edit on 01CST06America/Chicago04060631 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yea hard to argue with that logic..

Good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the only Carnivores in existence were those that were contained for that Year of flood waters inside the Ark...
we are lead to believe

since the food chain animals (prey) in the Ark likely reproduced while at sea, there were plenty of outnumbered newborn critters that were MRE (meals ready to eat) for the meat eating predators that were ship bound in Safety
& even afterwards when the Noah family started planting food & wine plant kingdom producers in the Homestead Tradition
edit on th31151563072910322018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I would be shocked if this isn’t an old argument, but I had never heard it before, so I figured I would share.

So the Noah story claims that Noah put 2 of every animal on a single boat

Thats wrong, might want to do a bit of research of your own

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

Evolution requires incest as well, DUH

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nobody bothered reading my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join