It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering why, no camera or video footage of an alien, if we are visited so often

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can not generalize for others, so I will write this, as if I'm the only believer in my idea.

I would assume that any civilization that manages to visit our planet, would have to be fairly advanced in order to arrive here.

So, I put on the shoes of our "visitors" and decided to walk a little.

If we had reached this same level of technological advancement and I visited another planet, how would I handle this situation?

A being, whom I know nothing about sees me. They respond to me, as I have provided them stimulus, and they begin to have a reaction to my presence. They may scream, they may have drastic emotional state changes, they may perform quick hurried movements. They may gather the attention of others. They may pull out an object and point it towards me.

Will my first reaction be, to hold up the peace sign and say cheese? Hell no.

I would take the most logical cautious approach, assume it is a weapon and disable it, destroy it, leave, or conceal myself and my craft.

If I assume every item pointed at me is a camera, I can be shot or attacked and destroyed by a surprise weapon, that I thought was a camera.

If I assume every item pointed at me is a weapon, I will not be. That civilization may never gather evidence of my visit, but that's fine by me as I am not running the risk of being pew pew'd by another civilizations' weapon that I do not understand/didn't anticipate.

Honestly, anyone who thinks a civilization is both advanced enough to get here, but still somehow dumb enough to stand in the line of 'possible fire' as a scared looking human tries to point a Nikon at them is not considering the logic of such an encounter.

(Neil DeGrasse Tyson, have you considered this? I know your counter argument will probably be some of the aliens would be advanced enough to be able to discern the difference between a camera and a weapon, but I counter that idea with this. How many of our weapons and targeting systems START with pointing a camera or targeting system? Since World War 2? MANY of our advanced weapons BEGIN by acquiring targets via methods that are the same process as a camera tracking and pointing. The differentiation between camera and weapon is too small of a margin for any logical intelligent species to gamble on.)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Plenty on you tube but most are fake.
Skinny bob is the best one I have seen.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

ignoring [ for the sake of the thread ] - your " logic "

I would take the most logical cautious approach, assume it is a weapon and disable it, destroy it, leave, or conceal myself and my craft.

we have a dearth of UFO annecdotes that follow the pattern :

i saw a UFO and it :

a - destroyed my camera

b - vanished instantly

* delete as applicable

so where does that leave us ?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That's an interesting way of thinking. Put yourself in their shoes.
I would be looking at the state of the planet before these so called, humans, took over it. Because afterall, I have some amazing technology..
If I were in their shoes I wouldn't go anywhere near humans. They have destroyed a beautiful planet and know this but keep doing it.

Interesting train of thought you have.

EDIT: To answer your question. The reason for a lack of alien pictures is because they don't trust humans enough to get out of the crafts they fly.
edit on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 12:58:11 -06001217122017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Scammers are allergic to cameras for obvious reasons.

This is all you need to know about "Aliens"...

originally posted by: The GUT
...the hypothesis that best fits the UFO phenomenon is, imo, that those little stinking, lying buggers ARE demons.

John Keel, one of the most respected researchers in this field, noted that “over and over again, witnesses have told me in hushed tones, ‘you know, I don’t think that thing I saw was mechanical at all. I got the distinct impression it was alive.’” thestrongdelusion.com...

The UFO phenomena are manifestations of living beings that are here to deceive mankind. They appear in their UFO form because they wish to change our perception of reality. That they are alive rather than mechanical is not our only conclusion.

thestrongdelusion.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

IMO they just observe humans from the craft. But there are thousands of people who go missing, never to be seen again. Perhaps they were zapped into nothingness, or taken away for "study".

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

stop this crap
john keel never said that they are demons!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

So you think any intelligent life are going to be demons?. No wonder they do not make themselves known with backward thinking like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What you suggest would more or less mean that those who claim to have had actual sightings are lying or saw something other than an alien though, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't see it myself. There are several billion cameras in smart phones around the planet. Most of the picture taking opportunities would not be of an alien out of his ship watching someone take a picture and reacting to that by destroying the camera. They would be taken of the ships themselves from random locations, many from inside buildings. So how many cameras have been destroyed? How many people have reported taking pictures of aliens and subsequently had their cameras destroyed or their pictures "not turn out"? Now you can say, "Well, they have advanced technology" but that's a pretty poor answer. You are exceeding your facts with a gross generalization that results in your dismissing photography as an issue. That's a little too convenient, especially in the light of the pictures we do have.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I like this one, but prob fake.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well either they are demons or flesh and blood aliens are very rarely encountered.

I believe most abduction and UFO stories are hoaxes.

edit on 12/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One could argue that they would be advance enough to identify a camera for what it is.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

originally posted by: humanoidlord
what i care is the truth, the unknow

Good luck on your quest for the truth, your'e going to need it...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Perhaps staying hidden is better for their agenda not to save their lifes but to save the agenda and keep it going.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Donno if it was alien but they were unidentified, I had an experience at 4:30 in the morning off my balcony, grab my I phone, my wife grabbed her camera the kids pointed and all we got was blurry lights that looked like 100rds if not 1000nds of YouTube vids that I ignored because it looked liked BS, and mind you I'm not bad in my Camera skills.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
I believe most abduction and UFO stories are hoaxes.

So did I until I listened to Joe Jordan...

originally posted by: Verum1quaere
You need to see: Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
That's an interesting way of thinking. Put yourself in their shoes.
I would be looking at the state of the planet before these so called, humans, took over it. Because afterall, I have some amazing technology..
If I were in their shoes I wouldn't go anywhere near humans. They have destroyed a beautiful planet and know this but keep doing it.

Interesting train of thought you have.

EDIT: To answer your question. The reason for a lack of alien pictures is because they don't trust humans enough to get out of the crafts they fly.

I am betting this is very true as well. There are actually tons of reports of people approaching a landed craft when humanoids were outside the craft, and when they saw an approaching human, got quickly back in and took off, like in the Lonnie Zamora case of 1963. There are others as well, and some where the humans tried to shoot approaching humanoids but the bullets had no effect. There's a military case where an MP was said to have shot and killed a creature outside the fence of a base. McGuire AFB case

Lots and lots of examples to show humans can't be trusted and it shows why getting pictures of UFO occupants would be rare and unlikely.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

might want to take your opinion and alter accounts to give you stars to somewhere useful

John Keel
"Demonology is not just another crackpot-ology. It is the ancient and scholarly study of the monsters and demons who have seemingly coexisted with man throughout history… The manifestations and occurrences described in this imposing literature are similar, if not entirely identical, to the UFO phenomenon itself. Victims of demonomania (possession) suffer the very same medical and emotional symptoms as the UFO contactees… The Devil and his demons can, according to the literature, manifest themselves in almost any form and can physically imitate anything from angels to horrifying monsters with glowing eyes. Strange objects and entities materialize and dematerialize in these stories, just as the UFOs and their splendid occupants appear and disappear, walk through walls, and perform other supernatural feats."

edit on 29-12-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mind you if they look like us they don't need to hide.
Anyone remember those two aliens in the 60s thor something and some hot blond alien?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join