It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head ruled a suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm watching a movie called "Kill the Messenger" about Reporter Gary Webb who broke the story about the CIA's role in importing vast amounts of coc aine, the sale of which would generate money for Contra rebels in Nicaragua. So I'm about half way through the movie and I thought I wonder what happened to this guy. So I google him and find out in 2004, "Found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head ruled a suicide." WOW! Because you ALL know that second suicide shot to the head is a total beotch to get off!!! HOLY MOLY!!!

Webb was found dead in his Carmichael home on December 10, 2004, with two gunshot wounds to the head. His death was ruled a suicide by the Sacramento County coroner's office. After a local paper reported that he had died from multiple gunshots, the coroner's office received so many calls asking about Webb's death that Sacramento County Coroner Robert Lyons issued a statement confirming Webb had committed suicide. When asked by local reporters about the possibility of two gunshots being a suicide, Lyons replied: "It's unusual in a suicide case to have two shots, but it has been done in the past, and it is in fact a distinct possibility." News coverage noted that there were widespread rumors on the Internet at the time that Webb had been killed as retribution for his 'Dark Alliance' series, published eight years before, but Webb's ex-wife Susan Bell told reporters that she believed Webb had committed suicide. "The way he was acting it would be hard for me to believe it was anything but suicide," she said. According to Bell, Webb had been unhappy for some time over his inability to get a job at another major newspaper. He had sold his house the week before his death because he was unable to afford the mortgage.

edit on 26-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I thought we were delving into the Clinton presidency and some of the "abnormalities".

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I thought we were delving into the Clinton presidency and some of the "abnormalities".

I just never heard of someone committing suicide by shooting them self in the head twice! I just thought it was crazy to hear someone supposedly do that.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Does sound like a bunch of poo-poo.

I am not well versed in the mechanics of firearm related suicides. But logic would say it would be very very odd. Was this double tap suicide in the back of the head too?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Hey, maybe he had a bump stock.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head ruled a suicide."

It doesn't matter you can't shoot yourself twice in the head, what matters is when its the CIA, your death will be ruled a suicide.

Little message in their for would be whistleblowers, ya thimk?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It doesn't matter you can't shoot yourself twice in the head

Actually, you can.
journals.lww.com...
link.springer.com...
edit on 12/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

if Gary flinched during the first shot, then he may have only damaged himself not a fatal wound.

i can see it being possible. unlikely but possible.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There are many strange suicide cases like that.

How about this guy who shot himself with a nail gun like 8 times.

CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.

Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.

His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Imagine the pain after one shot.

But seven more to go!

Same with the two shots to the head. It just defies logic.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: intrptr

It doesn't matter you can't shoot yourself twice in the head

Actually, you can.
journals.lww.com...
link.springer.com...

I'm fine thanks.

Extremely rare circumstances in your first link...

In the first case, an amateurishly modified 8-mm blank revolver firing 6.35-mm- (.25)-caliber ammunition was used; in the second case, a rifle firing 5.6-mm (.22)-caliber ammunition with a reduced charge was used. In both cases, low-energy transfer to brain tissue by the initial bullets was due to low bullet energy

The CIA used a larger calibre, bet.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Good movie, and yeah it doesn't take a lot of imagination to get to the conclusion he was suicided.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Not entirely impossible:

1) Hair trigger: finger convulses quickly after the first shot.

2) Flinched and first shot did not kill right away.

3) First shot succeeded, but fell in such away with hand still wrapped around gun with finger in trigger, gun went off again (this one would have astronomical odds....but still not actually "impossible"

The ones I would raise my eyebrow at are: 2 gun shot wounds to the back of the head ruled suicide......that would be one that I would think was impossible.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Not likely. Depending on calibre, length of barrel, whether a 'contact' discharge or not, the expanding gasses from discharge enter the mouth or cranium too, the recoil of the weapon will also factor in, usually falling away from the hand.

Very very ulikely to self administer a double tap.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Very very unlikely to self administer a double tap.

You don't shoot guns a lot, do you? VERY easy to double tap with a semi-auto, or a nail gun. Recoil causes another shot. Been there, done that with a Glock 9mm. Luckily, it was a safe range.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good movie, and yeah it doesn't take a lot of imagination to get to the conclusion he was suicided.

It was a good movie. Too bad it did not end well for the Gary.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

ultiple gunshot suicides are rare, but possible. In one study of 138 gunshot suicides, 5 (3.6%) involved two shots to the head, the first of which missed the brain.[1] A suicide with 4 gunshots to the head has been reported.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1978, poet Frank Stanford put three bullets into his own heart with a pistol.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well it's a fairly large risk exposing the CIA making money running drugs.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea, these days we have a setup that puts it

in our friggin faces

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well it's a fairly large risk exposing the CIA making money running drugs.

The CIA is probably still doing it!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not likely. Depending on calibre, length of barrel, whether a 'contact' discharge or not, the expanding gasses from discharge enter the mouth or cranium too, the recoil of the weapon will also factor in, usually falling away from the hand.

Very very ulikely to self administer a double tap.

Sorry, but yes it could happen.

I have 2 hand guns that have hair triggers, a .22 and a 9mm that have double shot on me while target shooting. Both have low recoils on them, but a very sensitive trigger.

I call them my Double Tap guns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join