It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem: UN resolution rejects Trump's declaration

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

China has lots of cash theyre willing to invest and with far less strings attached than the u.s .

That's funny.

Good thing China has a highly altruistic foreign policy that isn't at all self-serving.

What? You mean you already forgot how China has gone into Africa and "loaned" several countries billions upon billions of dollars for infrastructure out of the kindess of their hearts?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And since when are somewhat sacrosanct (but stupid) policy decisions from the 90ies relevant for the here and now? Was there anything from that time and age, policy-wise, that actually deserves another chance?

A balanced budget?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i want to see trump speak at the UN and say to everyone who is not a ally....bleep you. also your embassies in the US are going to be confiscated and all diplomatic protection removed as soon as i press send on my phone. any one of you with criminal actions we overlooked are to be arrested in the next 10 minutes. thank you.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hahahahaha

*breaths*

Hahahahaha

What is the UN really gonna do?

Let's do this thing, Mr. President!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: watchitburn
I don't give a sh*t about Israel or Jerusalem, but I have even less Fs to give about anything the UN has to say.

Just as the people in mainlad EU has zero consideration for what ever BS the US pulls against the world at any given moment...
They are a race of slaves, have no voice and their democracy is a joke with a joke president.

That's all that can be said....

They are the dog on Netanyahu and his Israeli psycopaths lap...

yes indeed. - ps. i know 'my' country is a mess too, before anyone drops that bombshell. we're all slaves to a select/elect group of psychopaths. the only way is down. it's nearly over.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Trump did not bluff.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Clarify, who are you referring to in your post? What are you hating or better who?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's going to be beautiful...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: watchitburn
I don't give a sh*t about Israel or Jerusalem, but I have even less Fs to give about anything the UN has to say.

Just as the people in mainlad EU has zero consideration for what ever BS the US pulls against the world at any given moment...
They are a race of slaves, have no voice and their democracy is a joke with a joke president.

That's all that can be said....

They are the dog on Netanyahu and his Israeli psycopaths lap...

...but how do you really feel?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

They’re just so damn giving, aren’t they. Almost brings a tear to one’s eye

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Almost brings a tear to one’s eye

That's the pollution hovering over Beijing.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Nice avatar.

What cheap crappy chinese dollar store did you buy that one from, eh ?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This vote today in the UN, along with the entire thing with the embassy in Jerusalem, the following can be stated:

This has a lot of problems that are both said and unsaid. While it is true that the US did recognize that Jerusalem of Israel, it has been kept quiet, and the question should be asked why keep it quiet when it was first done and then the pass that was signed? It was to keep the peace and not to pour gas on a fire that has been burning for years there.

The nation of Israel, that entire region since the fall of the Ottoman empire and the partition of Israel has been a hotbed of trouble and conflict. And it is a careful balancing act to keep that city peaceful for most of the time, and not have many terrorist acts happening. In October 1995, while yes the US did start this process, and it was popular, in November 1995 with the assassination of Rabin, that pretty much shut that down and financing was slowed and stalled, as it looked like that there was going to be another flare up of war in that area, and the peace process was shattered, and stopped.

And the US, namely the congress and the President watched time and time again, as there have been sporadic flare up within Israel, or where Israel was involved, with skirmishes against its neighbors. Now most presidents have signed the pass, but it is done very quietly, not cause the would not like to see this happen, however, they are not wanting to agitate the area, or start a renewed call for violence or to see where Israel is now under threat from its neighbors yet once again, or having to deal with problems internally.

Now you come to Trump who stated this and it is like pouring gas on an open flame, and there will be consequences that will happen from it. There is still an active armed conflicts in the region, and a few groups that would see striking Israel, and if they could do damage would in short be viewed as a victory for them and a defeat for the USA.

Now this vote, while it is non-binding, ultimately says far more than what many people can imagine. The first thing is to look back at the vote that recognized the nation of Israel. That was telling, as only those major Islamic states, opposed, all others voted in favor of such. The second is that you look at the vote today. The world in one voice is stating that this is not acceptable, as they can see that this is going to cause far more problems for the area and no one wants to see another conflict raise up in the area, or give cause for one group or another to move on in and start renewed conflict or support for violence in that area.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
you can not even imagine at what level going confrontation it earthlings vs

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
From what I understand this will cause a lot of conflict stoking the fires. It is unfortunate people will lose their lives due to it.

As you can see "winning" is far more important Than lives.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: yuppa

It's going to be beautiful...

o that would be glorious to see live.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

sacrifices must be made.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link