It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Have you looked at stellar lumens?

Only a little.

It's basically (for me): Ripple, Iota, Cardano, QRL, Monero, Stellar (in that order) for me next.

(already have: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and LItecoin).

Just looking to have a little of each at first, in case any particular one really takes off (or multiple ones do).

Then, may put more in ones that do better after a couple of month's activity...

(my plan is to not even bring it up again with the wife, maybe put in $10 here, $10 there....and then at the end of the year, see where we're at, and surprise her (hopefully with really good news), or remain quiet (if it all tanks), LOL)....
edit on 11-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

All look like they are recovering nicely.

It's basically (for me): Ripple, Iota, Cardano, QRL, Monero, Stellar (in that order) for me next.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Was just seeing that!

Glad to see that the 50% rule of charting is holding true to Bitcoin as well as fiat markets... makes it a lot easier to limit losses.

I have a good base on what averages to follow now, so I am excited for a new round of run ups. I will definitely be pinching off the top much better than I have been. I am still way up, but its time to start maximizing the gains.

Happy charting!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Are you guessing it was the threat of "banning" crypto in Korea and China? Turned out to be a rumor, sort of. And next time we hear the drums of banning should we act and get our limits in?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well, I do feel the drama surrounding governments was affecting Bitcoin, but I feel its only secondary to the block chain back ups causing the mining markets to push use of the coin to much lower trade volumes. It's kind of something I expect with people as a whole being so new to crypto. Bitcoin should really be reserved for high value transactions while the Altcoins handle the little ones. Not only are the extra traffic concerns causing slow downs, it means the GPU's have to work harder for less... which has a snowball effect on speculating the many reasons why.

People can push the rumor mills all they want, and even a bulk of what I am saying is likely just speculation... but I feel there's a bigger force at play with Bitcoin's worth. I feel block chain is created by AI, so it kind of comes with the belief that AI will move the currencies around as it sees fit, based on whatever it is trying to learn. It might take a short while for AI to figure out how to work around the inclusion of laws and fiat markets mingling together, but I am confident AI has already won the support.

Essentially... my plan is to lock in the 6 or so protocol coins for the long haul, while playing with ICO's and volatile pump and dumps with the Altcoins. In time, since the business to business coins are still yet to be determined I can almost guarantee that all these coins will merge to form about 6 or so powerhouses. As the power houses merge, they will absorb and recycle all of the Altcoins that people think are going to moon. If the base of protocol coins were already determined, then I'd offer more of a commitment to the Altcoin scenes.

There will be banning and harsher laws. but I will be following the path of least resistance. So far that path is Japan, as they are fully on board with a global visions of full use crypto. All othr countries will be figuring out how to play around the many rules, while Japan is jumpin in the deep end from the get go.

I will always be a charting trader... the talk and hub bub is more of a side show to watch people react around these new technologies.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

coinmarketcap.com...

A little hint for those following along this thread... another pattern that I see forming in the crypto markets.

Study the % gains on all coins as Bitcoin finds support. Because it directly affects all coins, we want to find an average of what % the Altcoin scene is moving at. In today's market, it seems that all of the Altcoins are bouncing up around the 20% range... give or take a few % points.

Here's the best part! Take a look at all the coins that we always talk about as our foundations... ADA, XRP, TRX, DCN, XDN, etc... they are all coincidentally the ones that are pushing up at rates on an average of 50% right now... I think not.

What we should be doing now... is writing down all the coins that are moving at 50% or so, as these things happen in cycles and tell VERY important loss limiting stories when reading along. Seriously... write the coins down that are moving strong right now, as their stories will be written for much longer than the ones moving at 20% right now!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Do you think that these coins, ones that have a utility are going up do to that fact? Not all are in use, but all are solid and not "fishy" or pie in the sky.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

BINGO... you just hit the nail on the head!

We have to ignore what people are thinking and wishing for right now... we have to be tracking where the money is moving... the business to business coins and platforms.

When you write these down, you will see all the coins and mostly only the coins that we always talk about here are at 30% or higher. If we haven't discussed them here, they are finding resistance at 20% or so.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

3 months ago I spent an obscene amount of time researching stellar lumens and ripple.
And they were my first purchases. I have looked at hundreds of coins, there are a few other coins/tokens I like. I will keep an eye open and perhaps may add a few others.
Any coin I buy must meet a few criteria, great great leadership team, have a good social media following, offer a product that is tangible and easily for me to understand and I like to get in early.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well, you shared great knowledge here, and I think you are far advance in this subject. I would have not of been looking into Digitalnote or Stellar had you not mentioned them. I will soon be on those... Reddcoin as well... thanks for the offerings!

I am good enough at seeing patterns to know you put insane research into those coins, because the results are providing exactly what you mentioned and I can't find the reason why. There was just never a need to ask you to validate where you found the answers... I trust the patterns of result. I stop asking questions when the numbers provide results, and chalk it up to the fact that you just know what the hell you are talking about... you're getting it done!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thanks,

I am having a problem knowing when to let go of some of the Reddcoin and Digitalnote.

My original purchase of reddcoin picked me up 60,000 of them at .00133. And it went to 3 cents. But I do not have any exit plans, and that is something I am having a real hard time with.

Do you have any pointers, I am at a loss to know when to pull the trigger on selling.

And with out research and charts we are guessing. We don't guess.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So, on the Reddcoin, you invested $80, and now have $1800 worth?

My goal, when and if this kind of thing happens, I'd be cashing out $800 (still made 10 times my investment back), and leaving $1000 in the coin. That way, even if it tanked, I still cashed out more than enough to be worth my while. Likewise, if it skyrockets, I still won't feel bad about taking out that $800, as I still had $1000 to make more money....

It's the best of both worlds....having your cake, and eating it too....

3 months ago I spent an obscene amount of time researching stellar lumens and ripple.

You really got in at the right time. I started researching it about the time of the big December spike (not even realizing it was going on). I got in after the first big dip, but it was before the crash this week.

I first researched cryptos in general, then coinbase and how it worked, it's supported currencies, then finally others (and yes, Ripple and Stellar came up a lot)... Congrats on your good timing!
edit on 18-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am in the guessing game like us all... just trying to minimize the loss by letting the fibonacci sequences that all trading charts seemingly follow is what I am all about.

I don't hold the term MOONING in my mind or decision making. My thought on coins like this are long haul holds once I take my initial investment out. If I were investing thousands upon thousands I would care more, but most of these buys are essentially buying a few coins instead of a few drinks for friends and what not. I personally will never miss these tiny buys if they go belly up, mostly because I already took 100%.

Now when the Altcoins spike up 200, 300, 400% and up, there's only one way for it to go, and that's down. I pull out those type of gains to lock in profits... I never care how much I may have missed out on if I had stayed... I am simply adding to locked gains to minimize losses on the short end of the candles.

Swing trading is the best style for crypto. I am letting these gains spike up for 4 days or so and watching closely for resistance. As soon as I see the resistance and think it will turn, I am out... not all the way, but pulling profits. Next, the profits are moved to one of the stable protocol coins if I feel there will be a while for the profited coin to stabilize. if I feel I can get in soon on that profited coin on the low end and ride another bounce, then I wait for it to drop around 20-30% and start buying more coins in hopes I caught the low end.

The reason the wave trading is important, is because fees for trading crypto are essentially non existent as compared to brokerage firms taking $7 for even a .50 trade. To not ride the waves to the best of our abilities is essentially throwing money away. If I buy 1,000 coins at $1... say it jumps up to $1.20. The 1,000 is now $1,200. I only ditch partial shares, as I don't have a vested interest in the coin... some people choose to ditch them all short term. Well, say you ditched them all for the short term. Hold the $1,200 and try to get back in as close to $1 as possible... preferably lower. When you get back in, you will be buying $1,200 coins at $1.

The number of coins owned is more important than the value of the coin. the value of the coin is always a secondary function to how many coins one can gain.

We're learning as we go here. If anyone is telling us they know they path that will unravel with this is straight up lying. As long as we stay away from the people that indicate they are right, we are in good shape.

These charts very rarely go flat... if its flat its not currently trading.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have only been in this for 3 months and just now getting the ideas and plans on how to not only HODL, a term I don't like, but also to make some $$$ to stop me from putting more skin in the game.
In other words do what you said, sell off a %, keep a good amount in and use the new funds to buy other unheard but very very well researched coin/token.

Reddcoin is @ like .015, so it is up bigly, but I am not in a hurry to sell. I need to find a sold # then sell and reinvest in my next possible great coin.

So you go with a 10X then sell 40%ish strategy?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I realized how smart seasonal was on the RDD buy, that it forced me to get in on KIN and DCN. DCN is currently sitting at 25/100 of a penny, while KIN is sitting at 2/100 of a penny. KIN is the coin for the social app Kik... with 300 million users. DCN is Dentacoin... the coin for dentistry.

Like I said before... in 20 years, I am getting a full set of tactical teeth installed with the gains being held in DCN. I put $75 into this... which should be enough for the top row if it ever reaches 10 cents I guesstimate... hahaha.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I agree that the # of coins are more important, especially if you get in when it is under .01, and that is great if it is a solid coin.

I am going to start looking "fringe" coins as a shorter term investments. Not to totally get out of but to cash out some gains. Use the gains to fund other coins.

I guess I consider Cardano, Ripple, stellar and maybe verge as solid long term coins. I have some litecoin but it is to buy other coins.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yep, you're on point with the sound protocol strategy, you just aren't aware of it yet, because we are all guessing of which protocol coins that. Just keep learning and looking for connections and clues like you have been... and share them with us of course!

I still don't own Stellar, because I am waiting on taxes, but I feel its a protocol coin too. The connection I came up with there was watching Bitconnect tank the other day as it became super expensive to mine. Well, Ethlend (LEND) is the Etherium based lending program... and I think its smart contract addition will cause Ethlend to be a boomer long term. I am wave riding on LEND, and pushing my coin growth up.

I am in another called MANA... I don't care how many of those I have, as I just want to make money on it.

From the hints I added earlier about clicking on the hot coins right NOW and logging them for possible future buys in low times I am adding Experience Points (XP) to the list... 111% adding it. It's sitting at 18/100, and its charting and newness is exciting having been introduced only in Oct and rose to #74 in cap.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I highly advise setting up accounts in Binance and Mercatox. Binance has almost every one of the global protocol coins while Mercatox is an ICO machine. Mercatox is expensive to withdrawal from, so if you go there expect up to 20% of gains to hit the take. Mercatox is all the extra volatile coins, so the gains and losses are significantly greater than the main exchanges.

The catch? ICO's in this crypto market mean new... starting from the bottom and not able to tank essentially. My strategy at Mercatox? Lock buys, hold until it rolls over 10x/1000%, and withdrawal the complete buy. It almost sounds fake that gains over 500% are coming in a few weeks time, but that is the real world over at Mercatox. No joke, I put a little over $200 in at mercatox, and it 2 weeks it topped $900. Because it didn't hit the 10x mark, it rested at 5-600 instead of pulling out. I expect to be making a withdrawal here after this next run up as I was only 3-400% from hitting that goal in 2 weeks.

The ICO's are not for the faint of heart. But, as I explained before I don't hold emotion in any of it. I am only able to play with these buys because of getting in early, and the added benefit if using crypto earnings to spread my foundation.

Comes Uncle Sam deadline day, just have your protocol coins picked out and settled on. These coins are going to converge to have 6 to 10 gigantic whale coins that absorb the market. If we have anything significant in those guessed 6 coins, it will be the so called bragging rights for those that were in early. These 6 or whatever are already in the top 50 coins... likely top 30.

I am in a top 30 blanket program being that I am clueless as to which coins will hit the final show... outside of Ripple anyways. Stellar may be one of those coins too, so I will be in on that one too.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I will say it again, we need a Alternative investment subject in the forums. But for now the general chit chat and global melt down forums will do. And of course any solid coins I find will be open/shared with everyone here.

I tell ya the crypto world is on fire to day.....

Never heard of XP. Is it just me or are there coins that are going to change the way people interact with others. It seems that making money may change drastically. Like if you are a very popular youtube personality, you may very well make 6 figures. And this is without having to deal with any Weinstien pigs or the holllywood machine.
Not just that, with 3d printing someone could easily set up a contract shop and get paid by customers and no one could know.
There are so many things that will change because they will have to.

I really like stellar, the leadership team is top notch.

XP Is a next on my research list, and look at that price....

edit on 18-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So you go with a 10X then sell 40%ish strategy?

It would fluctuate based on how much I'm into for a coin, and how much it's at, but basically, yes, if I can cash out 10 times what I put into it, and keep a good chunk still in, to me, it's a win-win. 10 times my investment is "safe" and the rest is still out there, hopefully making even more money for me. Either way, I'll be fine. Hard to be upset about losing $1000, when I have $800 I didn't have before.....(well, $720).

But, I'd also want a minimum of a cash out of about $500 as that's a "do something" amount. So I can't say it's a strict percentage.

Not just that, with 3d printing someone could easily set up a contract shop and get paid by customers and no one could know

Yeah, my buddy just 3D printed up some cosplay pieces for me (Rey's staff and gun from Star Wars), for my wife really.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join