It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Very nice, sounds like you have a good handle on what is going on. Or as good as a hand as someone could have in the FAST world of crypto.

I am waiting to see if Amazon-Alibaba-Walmart or any other big name signs a crypto to make money move through their orgs faster, cheaper and safer. That would make what ever coin/token chosen go very very high.

edit on 21-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Wild ride over the last day, hope you had your seat belt on. Looks like we had a Bitcoin correction.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yes, and I actually wished for more of a correction. As these things jump down, that's when the buys are heavy. When the gains get nutty, I am going to parting with some coins until corrections consolidate. I am monitoring how long and the patterns are taking to settle out before biting in again. It looks like this one lasted about 24 hours, which means to me that its even more volatile and unknown then can be predicted. People still want in regardless of price, so I am still pretty firm on the idea that this is one of the biggest inventions to ever reach mankind... definitely in the top 10.

My typical investment strategy is based off that $5 a day rule. I will invest $150 at the least every single month I am alive. Usual investments are made weekly at that rate or so, I will be rolling into a heavy roll onto the top coins I like and ICO coins too.

My phone is now a bank, and each one of our phones are of the same. Not access to a bank... it is a bank. We can now lend, borrow, grow, spend, and control these without having to go through a paid professional to do it.

Went to the bank today... to deposit expense checks. Not income... just reimbursements. Spent a little in fuel to drive on the clock of a business, to wait behind the flu soaked patron who needs the bank, to approach a paid employee to sign onto my bank account elsewhere that does all these things on my phone too but won't take my check expense checks digitally... just waste after waste after waste. I didn't have the heart to bring the debate up in there that my one phone was a better bank than there entire operation is, but their careers are definitely short lived.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Seems that the banks maybe the buggy whip manufactures of old. I wonder what they are doing behind the scenes to influence the outcome of crypto.

There are many many many people who think ripple is the banks crypto. I guess if this is the case better own a few thousand then. At least you can have a foot hold in the new bank currency.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I am a bit more on board with this philosophy than I am that governments and banks will not figure out a way to stop this... there's just too many people that prefer to do what the hell they want as opposed to the number of people that prefer to be governed on all angles.

I also learned from this video that Monero is what all the dark web users use, and that it will likely be the one that goes toe to toe with Bitcoin as they drop more rules and regulations on it. I think the futures market, which enables shorting/margin trading of bitcoin. Under the stock market premise margin trading keeps stocks in check, and from being wild and unpredictable.There's just no way to regulate this... its already here and staying. The first thing Wall St. would have to do is open its doors to b a 24/7 operation... we already know that isn't going to happen.

Yes, Ripple will be the primary bank crypto. It is not a crypto that needs mining to function, the market cap rating is off the charts right now because banks already are shifting but unable to use the platform until mid January at the earliest, and banking insitutions with some of the highest credit ratings are the ones looking to shift.

I think people fail to comprehend just how much banking officials send around the globe on a daily basis. There will be TRILLIONS of dollars moved throuugh crytpo, and Ripple will likely house the highest market cap of any other crypto. Ripple is my #1 crypto buddy... and I like them all!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Another good video about how to see signs in charting...

Add the moving average indicators over the charts, as they will help see the actual values laid over the averages... it's a crucial element to charting.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

I am a bit more on board with this philosophy than I am that governments and banks will not figure out a way to stop this... there's just too many people that prefer to do what the hell they want as opposed to the number of people that prefer to be governed on all angles.

I also learned from this video that Monero is what all the dark web users use, and that it will likely be the one that goes toe to toe with Bitcoin as they drop more rules and regulations on it. I think the futures market, which enables shorting/margin trading of bitcoin. Under the stock market premise margin trading keeps stocks in check, and from being wild and unpredictable.There's just no way to regulate this... its already here and staying. The first thing Wall St. would have to do is open its doors to b a 24/7 operation... we already know that isn't going to happen.

Yes, Ripple will be the primary bank crypto. It is not a crypto that needs mining to function, the market cap rating is off the charts right now because banks already are shifting but unable to use the platform until mid January at the earliest, and banking insitutions with some of the highest credit ratings are the ones looking to shift.

I think people fail to comprehend just how much banking officials send around the globe on a daily basis. There will be TRILLIONS of dollars moved throuugh crytpo, and Ripple will likely house the highest market cap of any other crypto. Ripple is my #1 crypto buddy... and I like them all!

Very good interview.

Seems technology is pushing individualism and community at the same time. It also seems to be pushing power away from the govt/corps to the people.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Like you said I did not find a one piece solution to storage needs, this is going to take a little homework.

If you find something suitable. Post a thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You got it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It looks like I might be locking into the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet as at least one HW wallet. I will add a second one in the next few months or so.

Also been expanding my buys on some other Alt coins... particularly Tron and additional Verge.

I will be in on that Reddcoin too soon, as I think you found a home run with that one... its seemingly a good coin for social media sites, and it will grow to be a bigger coin in the future I feel.

Apparently John McAfee is drawing a ton of attention with crypto, and his suggested coins have mostly been hitting huge gains after his announcements. Since the transaction fees are so low, I have no problems moving a set amount from coin to coin each day... essentially day trading coins. Any of the gains that are decent are being moved to Ripple.

Others to watch and get in on soon are Saicoin (SC) and Wabi. I am learning that there is plenty of quick and powerful gains to be made on ICO's. If 2 of 10 bite onto anything significant in 5 years, I will almost certainly be in on it. It's just a lot easier for a coin to move from fractions of a penny to a dollar than it is for a coin to move from 100's to 1000's, so I am spreading deeper into the ICO world for such reasons.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Cool news.

I have done some reading about KIN. It is like Reddcoin but a little different and is a 2017 coin if I remember correctly and is still @ .0001. Lots of room to move.

Ripple is on fire. I wonder if we are going to see $2 soon? Cool news about your wallet, I am still on a electronic wallet online. Be careful and don't loose any of your coins, i have read some pretty unbelievable stories.

I saw a guy was selling ripple on ebay at 2X the market. The exchanges are so backed up it is taking weeks to get through the process. This is going to be a crazy 2018, we are at the beginning of the rush.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Good call on Kin... I have had my eye a small bit on that one too, as its consistently been on the 'heroes' list on the coinmarketcap app.

Since the most trading is done in Asia, I like to look at the ICO's on binance.com. They have a good list of the newer coins, and a good bulk of them have been solid gainers. Since the U.S. is slow to get to this crypto trend, I am following the trends of Asia for the time being... the U.S. will be following suit with whatever the world latches onto with this, because they will fight to keep the USD as king while crypto is gaining.

Yes, Ripple is on a tear, and I will keep buying and buying without care for what the price is. Apparently they announced that the 3 largest Japanese credit card companies are shifting to Ripple. Yes, exchanges are locked all over the place and is likely holding the boom back from being as explosive as it would be otherwise. Even heard that South Korea is thinking of putting a halt on trading soon, because of it's affect on their fiat currency.

Have you pretty much stopped posting in other threads to concentrate on this stuff too? Seriously, I am eating cheaper meals so I can invest in crypto, and am at a $150 a week stream now. I keep debating on closing down my stock trading accounts for crypto pushes, but I don't want to be over zealous at the same time. Like you said, we are at the beginning of this, so something tells me the gains that are coming our way are way beyond what I can plan for rationally, and that its just hard to see it now. Regardless, there will never be an opportunity like this for humans again... I feel it would be foolish to treat it like just another fad that rolls around for temporary thrills.

McAfee is calling for Ripple to be added to coinbase by years end... should see another jump on it if that happens. The banks using Ripple is just a huge benefit to the already solid architecture of it... the best part of it is that a small fraction of Ripple gets burned off after each transaction. This means that when all coins are in circulation, that Ripple will continuously depreciate, which will bump its value while doing so. Even when Ripple hits full throttle, the only way for it to revalue itself as the number of XRP dwindles is for it to be worth more then the day prior.

Ripple will be utilized by banks as governments try to attack Bitcoin. Banks won't be around in 10 years... governments still will. The bitcoin may be able to battled successfully, but crypto as a whole can't lose. Being that Ripple is not a mining coin, and its depreciation factors, I feel Ripple will be more dominant than Bitcoin one day. Hell, one financial institution bought over 750 million worth of Ripple recently. They also escrowed some 50 plus million coins, which vaults them and guarantees their worth essentially.

There's just too many good things to be excited about with Ripple. I do agree that Cardano and those other ones are going to be no joke either, but 2018 will be Ripple's year I feel. At the end of next year, I will be spread deep into crypto.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I did not buy any verge yet, and Kin is on the list to purchase. I feel we will see crazy gains and we will see some very weird people who ate, breathed and crapped crypto become very very wealthy (us?).

I think we need to keep our eyes open and make decisions on coins that are game changers. Now there is something to be said for chasing the 100% gains and dumping to fund the for real coins. I have a feeling we are going to see a bunch of slop coins soon if not now.

Your approach sounds fine, you have both feet on the ground and know what your goal is. And yes I have spent less time on other things including this site to look at my new and unexpected "hobby" of crypto. It is a crazy non-tangible world that challenges everything we have thought was "solid". We live in strange and exciting times.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Well, I have long known I am about as weird as it gets and its purely by design. I fully believe in the slogan below my posts, and have been around here long enough to call a spade a spade when I see one, and you sir are quite a weird spade yourself. The way I see things, anyone in their 30's or younger who doesn't hold 1,000,000 in assets when they retire will be considered poverty stricken and will require subsidies to live on... only 1 mill plus will afford a comfortable retirement. That means that the wealthy will hold around 100 million dollars in 30+ years. It might sound like a fantasy to some, but I don't see a hurdle of 100 million to be that difficult to achieve with crypto. Crypto forces the 1% to put it into the pool of the internets bank to gain anything... hidden offshore accounts will be taken down by this movement.

Honestly, I want to petition ATS mods to add a crypto channel in the forums, as its clearly not going anywhere anytime soon. Personally, I don't want to even spend a single minute on politics with so much crypto stuff to learn, and there's a lot of people on this site who I'd like to be sharing in all this too.

Have you by chance been studying charting too? So far, the charts kind of hold to what stocks do, and are good ways to improve your cost averaging buys. When something goes through impulse, consolidates around the 50-60% of the spike, it indicates a healthy gathering to recoil for another impulse. I draw a line across the support level over time, then do the same for the resistance level... when the two are leading into a wedge after a few days of consolidation, it will almost 70-80% of the time jump upwards for the next consolidation. No wedge, it leads to laying flatter long term. I ended up at getting Verge earlier in the spike because of seeing this in charts...

Well, I am going to ride out the blanket program. I agree that some will slop out entirely, but as long as I am gaining more than losing I'm content. I even talk about it non stop while I am out and about... we really are on the very forefront of all this, even though there's a whole pool of crypto whales made over the coarse of the last few months.

My eyes are fully on the hidden transaction coins, as they know how to pioneer these waters better than us novices. Coins like Monero are the coin of the dark web users, so I think those type of coins hold a hidden knowledge as well. I am also looking into mining equipment for Alt coins... it seemingly paid off for Bitcoin miners, so I may be learning about GPU processors in 18' as well. A crazy year I never seen coming indeed!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I pay attention to the charts only in a sense that they give me a perspective of the performance. I am a long term holder of the coins I buy.

I am considering buying some super cheap "good" coins and sell on the way up. Reddcoin-Ripple-Stellar-Verge-Kin(kin is a gamble but cheap) is where I am looking. But Tomorrow is another day and I will be beating the grass seeing what looks good.
It would be cool to have a crypto or even just a currency forum to see what others are thinking.

While we are on the subject, do you know of a coin that is a alt-coin mutual fund? Meaning that they buy all the other good coins/tokens and you can buy into their coin to get some really good exposure with out all the BS of exchanges?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

While I am not too savvy on the mutual fund aspects of coins yet, I have been heavily watching a company called Riot Blockchain. The company is formed to fully invest in crypto, so that's about as close to mutual fund-like as I have found as of yet.

I am going to start lending in 18 too... which is kind of like foundational funding. I will likely use Ethlend, as I am already invested in it and like where its going. It's dividend programs pay a lot more frequently than traditional programs, which utilizes the power of compounding interest on a swifter scale as well.

If something like that pops up, I will be sure to pass word along...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

...about Ethlend.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Have you got into the lending aspects of it yet? It looks like an average of .09% daily is not out of the ordinary from what I've been seeing. If that is the case, I will lend more than I ride the waves of changes in due time...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I've not. I may in the future however once I fully understand the inner workings. Right now it seems to easy especially if someone has an inside edge on trends.

Once the rating aspect is in, that's when I suppose.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I am overwhelmed by it all, and will be slow to get to those aspects of crypto myself. I just can't believe how people don't view their smart phones as a bank anymore. The regret of extra tweeting instead of this subject will be highly regretted.

I am on a Tron pump now... I feel it's one of the best up and comer's.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join