It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Interesting. Sekret Machines 1 mentions a UFO interfering with a US military operation in Afghanistan (if I remember right). At least in the Near East, UFOs do not seem to be impartial. Note that according to Sekret Machines the US and Russia both have reverse engineered crafts. Plus there are non-human ones. What is going on over Iran could be any of these possibilities...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Couple of good videos regarding what was video taped.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
This might be related.

Iran UFO reports revealed

AFM has obtained copies of an Iranian report into alleged UFO overflights that occurred some ten years ago. During 2004 and 2005 the pilots of four Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) F-4E Phantom IIs and a single F-14A Tomcat reportedly confronted ‘luminescent UFOs’ over strategic facilities in Khondab and Bushehr. In the process, at least two ‘dogfights’ occurred, albeit without any success for the fighter pilots.

www.airforcesmonthly.com...

If you look into one of the pictures, they have the following characteristics:

1. Momentary disappearances
2. Very fast speed during tracking / interception
3. Extreme maneuverability during tracking / interceptions
4. Presence of gaseous mass around the UFO
5. Disappearance during presence of any threat.

WOW!!!

I have also posted this in the Aviation Forum here. I have not yet finished reading this source or have done any vetting, so I don't know how reasonable this is.

EDIT:
- Apparently it had a green light?
- More Possibilities (non-exhaustive):
i. Neither story is true or is only partly true and both are fabrications from the same source for some purpose.
ii. US military testing and in operation.
iii. Unknown phenomena. Note: Both sightings happened around nuclear reactors (Iran weapons program and USS Nimitz which is nuclear powered and may have contained nuclear weapons).
iv. Perhaps we can tell the difference between ii. and iii. by comparing this with other UFO sightings around nuclear reactors that are not military and not of a concern to the US military.
v. Naturally occurring phenomena and pilot hysteria.

'WOW' is right!!!

Sooooooooo...fantastical!!!

I would classify it under (iii.) 'Unknown phenomena'

Many thanks for posting the link.

Cheers...

Erno

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Unlike some of the other prominent voices in the UFO community, I don't know Tom and don't hold much of an opinion one way or another about him.

I suppose I have some slight defensiveness because I had attempted to send my novel to him and the publishers of his because of similar base assumptions in both books, and I didn't even get a real address to them, unlike Dolan, Friedman, Hastings and others who were extremely supportive and got me to other publishers (link at my sig to my novel). So, I'll admit I have a tiny bit of personal disappointment when the subject of TDL comes up.

But, I appreciate him speaking out on the subject, certainly. I fee like he got a bit ahead of himself a bit, and it is always always better to understate and over deliver than the other way around.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Are you saying you sent him an ms and he didn’t reply?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh, thanks for explaining, I understand. While I think that Tom's communication through music is phantastic, I admit that his verbal communication and schedule planning could stand some improvement :-) It may have worked great for the frontman of Blink 182, but this project is something different.

Maybe try to reach him through another channel? In any case, I wish you luck and success for the publication of your novel! Something like Patreon might be of interest for you as a writer.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"CBS This Morning"

"What Was The Pentagon's Secret Program Looking For" - 12/23/17

edit on 23-12-2017 by Erno86 because: added date

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I sent him and his group a two novel set which fit nicely within the framework of what he was trying to do (teach through literature), and in the opinion of many experts were at least as good as his and didn't hear back.

Perhaps no one even looked at them. I'm admitting to being a baby about it and being defensive and holding it against him a bit, in other words, admitting that some of my thoughts are rooted in pure self-centeredness.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

So your normal like everybody else and have a little ego, nothing wrong with that.

Do they say they accept unsolicited ms’s ?

Some publishing ventures only accept agented works.

Also, they often take a long time getting back to you

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes, as I said, I admit to allowing my ego and insecurity cloud my view a bit. The projects belonged together. I sent messages through my agent to his, and even had some other big names intervene - I'm not going to name drop, I've done plenty already, and just heard nothing back. This was a year ago, so I've moved on and on the advice of some others in the UFO field, have gone straight to mainstream commercial sci-fi publishers.

My hope is that the effect on the reader is what its been to my editors and beta audience, sort of a head-shaking, re-evaluate whether what they'd heard all their lives is real or what's occurred.

Anyway, thanks for not jumping on me for the ego thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
dpo.tothestarsacademy.com...-circular

Reading this page of the people involved with TTS it seems their all related to either intelligence, security or biotech

Maybe one person here has to do with any UFO or alien research

Reading Luis Elizondo, his biography it doesn’t even say what government agency he worked for

This doens't seem too kosher to me folks

He’s got three biotech people and a geneticist?

People need to look at this thing closely before they jump on this band wagon

edit on 23-12-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ah yes.
Four Navy Aviators with decades of experience, flying 60 million dollars worth of aircraft, see an object with their own eyes, and it's dismissed as a reflection.
Really?
Next you will be saying that they were looking at Uranus.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Look I’ve written two books, one published and know your frustration.

Writing a book takes a hell of a lot of you...

Maybe the publicity about this subject will help you get published

Actually I started one called, of all things

DISCLOSURE

Put a lot of intrigue in it but stopped after about 50 pages.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It does become a central piece of your heart, doesn't it?

I admire your commitment.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It means that what they were viewing through ATFLIR was likely a flare from a hot object (not a reflection - pay attention!) and does not invalidate most of what the pilots state they saw. It also means the video evidence doesn't show much and it does invalidate some claims made by others however.

Next you will be saying that they were looking at Uranus.

I have already posted a lot of information suggesting that this was a legitimate UFO sighting. If you want to come in and read one post in the thread, not even understand it properly, and then state something like that, then go away, I am trying to create a serious discussion here, unlike you apparently.
edit on 23/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
While the footage is interesting, it is not enough. We need footage and evidence that cannot be debunked or questioned. The footage released is being questioned by debunkers and skeptics. And now I am hearing that this so called metal from a UFO is B.S..

This is all turning into something that was hopeful, into something that is coming embarrassing

But hey, we are all used to this sadly

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the links.

Nice to see some actual analysis.

UFO believers will of course attack anyone questioning their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You tube Update:
Grant Cameron & Steve Bassett: UFO Disclosure Happening Now

At about 35 minutes the UFO Researcher/Activist Steve Bassett speaks about the political ramifications of this “ disclosure”

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Whoa talk about linking more stuff together this video was interesting to me for many reasons.

I have to get to work on a thread now, that will link up some blogs, posts, and highly followed members from over 10 years ago.

Thanks for posting this vid, it's extremely important for disclosure.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

So without having to watch 1.25 hours of stuff.

What exactly are the political ramifications theyre propondering? And, what are they disclosing again exactly?

What makes basset and cameron in the know and believable other than they talk to each other and others like them in a highly insulated almost cult like community? What are their ties outside of the believer community that could corroborate their beliefs?

To me i see guys who have spent the better portion of their lives spinning their tires looking for evidence to afirm their beliefs who get strung along by conmen that tell them what they want to hear. It appears they are getting overly excieted about this latest ttsa/et al act and putting the cart before the horse. It seems pathalogical. Desperate and sorta sad.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join