It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Still capitol... until the reunification technically west was also occcupied by US/allied forces...I edited not to derail so I

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My word! (clutches pearls)

People do hate Israel!

And I thought the hatred of Trump was bad, but couple Israel and Trump together and folks pretty much lose their mind!

I'm not upset by Trump's decision. It was another campaign promise that he's trying to keep.

If people don't like it then I suppose they can join Hamas and "rage".

*shrugs*

Not seeing the drama here.

Certainly a division here on Above Top Secret..
edit on 6-12-2017 by Plotus because: woohoo

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, you are very dense. Say a high school bully keeps picking on another kid in school and one day the kid gets fed up with it and punches the bully and they start fighting each other in class, who should get in trouble and who is at fault for the fight? The kid, the bully or both?

Now tell me, what would have been the outcome if the bully never started picking on the kid in the first place? Would there have been a fight at all?

I can keep dumbing it down for you until you understand if you want me to.

Islam started this 'fight' during it's first plunder 1400 years ago....
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002017-12-06T15:40:01-06:000301 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We are from ...

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
- Thomas Jefferson

link   

a reply to: pavil

I've made multiple arguments all with the same premise actually. It would benefit you to read the whole thread.

Some people just don't want to understand because it paints Trump in a bad light. It paints all parties involved in a bad light actually but Trump is the one who decided to start poking the bear to begin with.

Hello? I've been in this thread the whole time. You and your side is the one making the outrageous and quite honestly, sterotypical claims. Them crazy Arabs, if you don't follow their wishes, they'll go crazy on ya!

link   

Yes, you are very dense. Say a high school bully keeps picking on another kid in school and one day the kid gets fed up with it and punches the bully and they start fighting each other in class, who should get in trouble and who is at fault for the fight? The kid, the bully or both?

Now tell me, what would have been the outcome if the bully never started picking on the kid in the first place? Would there have been a fight at all?

Yes, dumb is the operative word.

So like columbine. Those kids were bullied. So I guess the people killed were equal as responsible as the killers.

Who gets to decide what is bullying?

Bin laden thought that the US not sanctioning genocide in east timor was "bullying"

The protestors in charlotteville thought that the counter protesters were "bullying" them.

Maybe many jews in israel think that given the fact that because the US has their embassies in every other countries capital city, and voted to move its Embassy to Jerusalmem in 1995, they are bullying the jews.

The fact is you are making excuses for what you think will be the violence of muslims in response to this. There is no excuse.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yet the bully is the one who's always getting into fights with everyone in school. There comes a point where people should start recognizing that there's a reason the bully is always getting into fights with people, don't you think? Or is everyone he fights in the wrong all the time and not him?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Islam started this 'fight' during it's first plunder 1400 years ago....

You just proved how smart about history you are.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Should North Korea cower down to the threat of America or should they keep testing their missiles in spite of our threats of violence?

You seem to want to have your cake and eat it too.

What are you talking about?

Are you equating moving an embassy to a threat of violence?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The Muslims would have a problem with that because then Jews might actually be allowed to pray there again..

Imagine this ... those rascally Israelis are so blasted evil that even though they maintain security on the Mount, they bow to the Jordanians who maintain religious control. They prevent their own people (and Christians) from praying there because the Muslims do not allow it although they can visit and watch the Muslims pray.
edit on 6-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hell, the same politicians that voted to do it are complaining that Trump is doing it!

So damn maniacal

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In 1995, the US Congress passed a law requiring America to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Every President since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy....So what's the big deal ? ...is it just Trump did it?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Where am I making excuses for the ones who react? Like I said, you are either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting the point I'm making over and over again. There's no excuse for violence but why ask for it?!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
In 1995, the US Congress passed a law requiring America to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Every President since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy....So what's the big deal ? ...is it just Trump did it?

... that and the Muslims won't like us now.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Where am I making excuses for the ones who react? Like I said, you are either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting the point I'm making over and over again. There's no excuse for violence but why ask for it?!

You said that the one who commits violence is only as responsible as the instigator.

You keep calling the US and israel bullies, implying they have it coming.

Moving an embassy is not bullying.

If you are certain that people will cause violence because of that, then those people are terrible and were not interested in peace to begin with.

link   

With America knowing full well what the consequences will be beforehand and still doing it anyways then yes it IS a threat of violence! We know it will cause them to react and we know we're going to react right back.

Asking for violence in the hope of returning it is a threat of violence.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: randyvs
To recognise Jerusalem has been the capitol of
Isreal since forever, shouldn't provoke anyone.
It is simply the God given truth. Let those who
hate the truth come against God.

Yes, Bravo. I say the same...
...and there's your problem right there. Palestinians have a God that says it's theirs. But brown people's Gods don't seem to be valid.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because it's the right thing to do. Because you can't cave in just because it's scary.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If you do something knowing it will cause violence then you weren't interested in peace to begin with either.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

You are aware that the move is in accordance with US law which has been on the books since the 1990's ? Surely you are aware that this move is a Bi-Partisain move that both parties support ?

Maybe you are aware that President Obama recognized that Jerusalem as the capital of Israel ?
Maybe that every administration at least for the last four supported the fact that Jerusalem is the capital ?

Think of what's on the table for negoiating right now ? Not much but now that having the declaration made, it becomes a tool to get both sides back to 2 party talks, we will take it off the agenda if you guys sit down and talk. I give him credit and maybe too much but since many are unaware of facts, some I listed above, they just know that "cheeto man" did it so it makes it bad, shake my head at the state of this country. Trump Derangement Syndrome is peaking in some today

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join