It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Grambler

The Left on Islam:

On Immigration policy: "Stop acting like Muslims are dangerous lunatics. They share our values."

On Jerusalem: "Are you TRYING to piss them off? They are dangerous lunatics apt to act out over the moving of a building, you know!"

Exactly. Which is it? Hint, look at the protests in Turkey.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I mean, honestly, how is this in any way in the best interest of the US? All it does is antagonize the Muslims in the ME and all to no particular purpose. Of all the problems in the world today, POTUS addresses this and its a non-problem except now it is of his own making.

Really weirdly stupid blunder in my opinion.

Might I propose some counter-questions to you:
    - Why does something like this have to be in the best interest of the US...maybe it's something done in the best interest of one of our allies, instead? I mean, why must everything that we do abroad have to be best for the US first? I thought that most of us have grown weary of such approaches to international relations.

- If it is traditionally true that our embassies are located in capital cities of countries, and Israel claims its capital city to be Jerusalem, why should we keep it somewhere else? MANY countries used to have their embassies there (I mean, it is their capital city), but over time moved them due to instability in that area. I would argue that the instability is due to the international confusion over to whom Jerusalem belongs, and I think that was caused and is perpetuated by the UN.

- If congress voted to move the embassy to Jerusalem in 1985 (I think that was the year), why should Trump keep waiving the outcome of that vote just because others have done it before him? That's the reality of the situation--the U.S. Congress voted to move the embassy, something that was obviously thought to be in the best interest of the nation at the time, so why should we not be happy that a president has decided not to unilaterally sidestep that decision by our congress?

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get my point. Whether or not it is apparent that this is the best interest of the U.S. (and it may prove not to be), there are quite a few reasons as to why Trump would make this choice, which are contained in his speech that he gave.

As far as its long-term effects being a net positive or negative result, that will remain to be seen, but the status quo thus far hasn't exactly created stability, so I don't believe that there will be much more instability introduced by the move.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Grambler

So the more apt example would be France says they are moving or building a new embassy in Washington dc.

Except that there are no UN backed treaties between the US and the Native American Indians specifying that Washington must be shared. Jerusalem is ground zero for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Trump's move is an intentional provocation.

How is having an embassy there stopping it from being shared?

It legitimizes the Israeli occupation of the Old Quarter, and symbolizes approval of "Greater Israel."

The Temple Mount is part of the Old Quarter. It will not come under Israeli control just because the US has an embassy in the Old Quarter.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Peeple

Great point, Berlin was divided, capitol and still shared.

No, the capitol was in Bonn and only moved to Berlin after the wall came down.
. Kinda proving the point. As soon as they could they made the reunited city the Capital just like......oops.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes, you are very dense. Say a high school bully keeps picking on another kid in school and one day the kid gets fed up with it and punches the bully and they start fighting each other in class, who should get in trouble and who is at fault for the fight? The kid, the bully or both?

Now tell me, what would have been the outcome if the bully never started picking on the kid in the first place? Would there have been a fight at all?

I can keep dumbing it down for you until you understand if you want me to.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The Temple Mount is part of the Old Quarter. It will not come under Israeli control just because the US has an embassy in the Old Quarter.

Been searching like a mad man for some drawings blueprints, plans.
edit on Rpm120617v30201700000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
I have family stuck there right now. Were meant to leave tomorrow, have been told to stay indoors.

I hope calmer heads rule all resolves well and peaceably for them.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My word! (clutches pearls)

People do hate Israel!

And I thought the hatred of Trump was bad, but couple Israel and Trump together and folks pretty much lose their mind!

I'm not upset by Trump's decision. It was another campaign promise that he's trying to keep.

If people don't like it then I suppose they can join Hamas and "rage".

*shrugs*

Not seeing the drama here.

Funny too cause I thought Trump was a Nazi?

So people that hate Israel accuse trump of being a nazi sympathizer that loves israel?

Who'd a thunk it?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Again with putting words in my mouth. You're a master at your craft, creating straw men to suit your argument. The analogy OBVIOUSLY flew right over your head because now you're saying I'm calling ALL Muslims child molesters. Lol.

The fact is Trump is doing this in spite of the knowledge that it will most likely end in violence, much like a bad parent leaving their kids with a child molester knowing full well what they will probably end up doing. That says nothing about Islam as a whole, it is a simple analogy that you are trying to twist into me calling all Muslims child molesters. Could you be any more disingenuous?

You keep making analogies that say one side is not human or horrinle in some way, and so the other side should be wary of them and act accordingly because they can't control themselves.

I am saying that is a horrible standard.

Muslims aren't bears to be poked, they aren't child molesters to keep children from.

They are human.

With humans, we offer the dignity of personal agency and responsibility.

You are acting as if Muslims have no choice but to resort to violence if the embassy is moved.

That is ridiclous.

If Muslims resort to violence over this, they are to blame, not trump.

Just like Charlie hebdo was not to blame for their own murders, is was the fault of the people that killed them.

I again say, if these Muslims use this as an excuse to kill, then they were never seekin peace in the first place.
It's the only arguement they can make. Watch out for the Child Molester? Wtf?

Only the Left could make Trump sound like the mature voice of reason. Congrats.
edit on 6-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My word! (clutches pearls)

People do hate Israel!

And I thought the hatred of Trump was bad, but couple Israel and Trump together and folks pretty much lose their mind!

I'm not upset by Trump's decision. It was another campaign promise that he's trying to keep.

If people don't like it then I suppose they can join Hamas and "rage".

*shrugs*

Not seeing the drama here.

Funny too cause I thought Trump was a Nazi?

So people that hate Israel accuse trump of being a nazi sympathizer that loves israel?

Who'd a thunk it?

Trump works miracles.

He turned watered down rhetoric into whine.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can answer all of your questions.

Because we must cower from violent threats.

Tghe lesson learned to countries around the world is this; as long as you threaten to kill people, the US should act in a way to appease you.

Thats what these people want.

In fact, its more than thaat; they deep down feel this violence is justified, because the US and Israel are evil, and the Muslims are innocent victims.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I edited but you ask for it

East Berlin was the capitol of the German Democratic Republic (DDR). That was essentially Soviet occupied Germany. Bonn was the capitol of the Federal Republic of Germany (BRD). Which one do you figure was the real Germany?

And there was a time that West Berlin was sealed off by the Soviets, except for air access. But any attempted analogies to the Jerusalem scenario don't work.
edit on 6-12-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yawohl!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I've made multiple arguments all with the same premise actually. It would benefit you to read the whole thread.

Some people just don't want to understand because it paints Trump in a bad light. It paints all parties involved in a bad light actually but Trump is the one who decided to start poking the bear to begin with.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sometime the stronger of two parties is actually in the right. Just because someone is bigger, better, and stronger does not make them a bully. Puny a$$h0les can be mean and ornery and vicious. Just because they are the weaker doesn't mean they should get full pardon for their dirty deeds, and scream "oppressed!!" all the time. Sometimes they are just plain hateful.

edit on 6-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
To recognise Jerusalem has been the capitol of
Isreal since forever, shouldn't provoke anyone.
It is simply the God given truth. Let those who
hate the truth come against God.

Yes, Bravo. I say the same...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So the more apt example would be France says they are moving or building a new embassy in Washington dc.

Except that there are no UN backed treaties between the US and the Native American Indians specifying that Washington must be shared. Jerusalem is ground zero for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Trump's move is an intentional provocation.

How is having an embassy there stopping it from being shared?

It legitimizes the Israeli occupation of the Old Quarter, and symbolizes approval of "Greater Israel."

I hear they are going to bulldoze the Temple Mount for the Embassy and new Trump Tower. Jeez people

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Should North Korea cower down to the threat of America or should they keep testing their missiles in spite of our threats of violence?

You seem to want to have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well, it's certainly a unique piece of real estate (if you will), isn't it? Sacred to millions around the world.

I would like to see it put in the hands of the U.N., and make it a neutral zone. We should be finding a way to do that, and let it be what it is. Cherished to the three major religions, not a site of bloodshed.

edit on 12/6/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Avicenne

Again, another who needs to learn their history.

Let me guess ... you’re a Trump supporter right ? If so obviously you’re a history buff. So sorry.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Seriously though, it's things like this, this "pretend" they're doing something bullcrap that Washington has been doing for decades.

Trump actually DOES something and people panic.

Hell, the same politicians that voted to do it are complaining that Trump is doing it!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join