It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have family stuck there right now. Were meant to leave tomorrow, have been told to stay indoors.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Avicenne

You're still wrong, there's national politics and global politics. Hint two nations interacting is not national.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Provoke or respond? Two different things. It is not like Lebanon and Syria are now beautiful countries with striving economies and we are taking their riches with this move. Same with NK. He is a threat to the region and now abroad. We respond when he provokes and we should. If you had a neighbor who was shooting a rifle once a month and it was getting closer and closer to your yard do you a) pull back the curtain or b) tell them to stop.

Jerusalem is scared to the Jewish. For Christians, this is where the 'Jewish Descendant of the House of David' lived and whose followers founded Christianity. It is called the City of David. THAT is the history. This is not just about bible thumpers but history. Palestine was the hotbed of Christianity before Islam.

Over 600 years later another religion comes around. They took Jerusalem from the....Palestinian. Dozens of conflicts through the years.

It just amazes me how people immediately side with Islam when it comes to Jerusalem when they stole it like they did other religions to create their own ideology.

This is not causing more strife. It is a GIANT line in the sand to Iran to back off.
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002017-12-06T15:20:38-06:000338 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Jared Kushner just achieved one of his main objectives by getting Jerusalem to be recognised as the capital city of Israel; his next big mission will be to bring the robot Sophia to Jerusalem to act as devil's advocate in peace negotiations.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: angeldoll
More of his stupid provocations. Provoke, provoke provoke. And always at the expense of others.
NK, case in point.

Sometimes, you have to say enough is enough and do what is necessary to solve problems and stop the bad behaviors of dangerous people doing dangerous things. There is a time for everything under the sun.

Timing is everything.

I'm 'iffy" about NK; I just don't think now is the time to start another war with Israel and the Palestinians. BUT. I hope I am being overly pessimistic, and it won't be as bad as I suspect it could be. Maybe it won't. I hope not.

I think I heard them say it would be six months anyway, and since his opinions change every time the wind blows, he might change his mind. Again. Besides, as we see, just because he wants to do something doesn't mean he gets to.

(I wonder if Mexico is making a "Go Fund Me" account to pay for his wall.)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

The Left on Islam:

On Immigration policy: "Stop acting like Muslims are dangerous lunatics. They share our values."

On Jerusalem: "Are you TRYING to piss them off? They are dangerous lunatics apt to act out over the moving of a building, you know!"

link   
To recognise Jerusalem has been the capitol of
Isreal since forever, shouldn't provoke anyone.
It is simply the God given truth. Let those who
hate the truth come against God.

link   
a reply to: gortex

I can't believe he would say this

“The point is Jerusalem is undivided,” he said. “Jerusalem is the capital.” “And,” he added, “we should move our embassy to Jerusalem,” from Tel Aviv, “before anything else happens. The subject of Jerusalem itself will be addressed in negotiations by the Israeli government and people.”

link   

originally posted by: Avicenne

originally posted by: Peeple

Global acknowledgment of the will of a nation, is not meddling in that nation's business. It's acknowledgment of the will of that nation.
Think.

Global ??
You must be joking right..

The whole world doesn’t recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The US just did.
With Israel, that’s two nations. The whole world came out to say how this was a bad idea. Even the pope for god sake

Doesn’t matter how many time you repeat a lie, it’s still a lie.

You missed a letter: English please....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: chr0naut

The United States already has a consulate in Jerusalem to handle quotidian business. Embassies are symbolic, making the move symbolic.

Quite true, I was conflating the meaning of an embassy with that of a consulate.

In my defense, I could point out that a consulate is actually rather like a smaller embassy, attendant to more general public (less national) functions, as is pointed out in the following link:

Difference Between Embassy and Consulate

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

First: What kind of mindless rambling is this?

It's illiterate racist against artists and scientists. I made my choice, if you like children selling suicide bombers that's yours.

Second: It doesn't matter when the US "recognized" it as the capital. It's not ours to decide. Once you pull your head out of your ass and realize what's been happening over there for decades, it's a lot easier to understand.

The international community views the annexation of Jerusalem as illegal and considers Israel an "occupying force".

and I'll repeat for those with comprehension problems.

It is Palestinians land. Israel transplanted there and began a land sweep. (not peacefully, I might add). Israel has committed many war crimes in doing this and we ignore it and provide them the weapons to do it.

Let's dumb it down. Israel is the bully's little brother. He is also a bully but not as strong as his older sibling. So, when he bites off more than he can chew, he comes home crying and big bro just starts slapping his classmates for not justifiable reason.

Do a little research folks. Please.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama all declared Jerusalem was the capital of Israel, and even declared it should be undivided.

But yeah, Trump is the problem.

Yes he is. Bigly.

Why they’ve never made it official like this orange clown did ?
We know the Aipac bought congress accepted that in 1995. Doesn’t make it official in the reality of the rest of the world.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're really just that dense aren't you? No one is saying that certain Muslims don't have any other choice but to become violent, we are simply saying that they WILL! So why provoke them?!

Stop being so dishonest! You're misrepresenting what we're saying whether intentionally or unintentionally.

If they are unable to be civil, why should we interact with them or take them serious at all?

So I assume that what the Jews who want the embassy in Jerusalem need to do is start killing people right?

Then you will say "Why should the US instigate these jews by not having the embassy in their capital. The US is equally at fault as the murders for not moving the embassy there despite their promise to in 1995"

For someone who feels that instigators are just as responsible as the people that murder them (hence a person who draw muhammed is just as responsible as the murderer that kills them) you have a lot of nerve calling people dense.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: pavil

Not so different from this ....

I’ve made it clear that the United States will never compromise our commitment to Israel’s security, nor our support for its existence as a Jewish state. Earlier this year, in Jerusalem, I was inspired by young Israelis who stood up for the belief that peace was necessary, just and possible. And I believe there’s a growing recognition within Israel that the occupation of the West Bank is tearing at the democratic fabric of the Jewish state. But, the children of Israel have the right to live in a world where the nations assembled in this body fully recognize their country, and where we unequivocally reject those who fire rockets at their homes or incite others to hate them.

Yet he destabilized Syria to the point of a failed State and did nothing to blocks Iran's Rise in Syria, Yemen and Iraq.....as usual Actions mean more than mere words.

...and moving an Embassy is a call to Jihad, pffft.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soultime
So Jared Kushner just achieved one of his main objectives by getting Jerusalem to be recognised as the capital city of Israel; his next big mission will be to bring the robot Sophia to Jerusalem to act as devil's advocate in peace negotiations.

We all need more robots!

link   
My word! (clutches pearls)

People do hate Israel!

And I thought the hatred of Trump was bad, but couple Israel and Trump together and folks pretty much lose their mind!

I'm not upset by Trump's decision. It was another campaign promise that he's trying to keep.

If people don't like it then I suppose they can join Hamas and "rage".

*shrugs*

Not seeing the drama here.

link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Can anyone explain to me why ever in the world Trump chose this particular moment in history to recognize Jerusalem as the Capital?

I mean, honestly, how is this in any way in the best interest of the US? All it does is antagonize the Muslims in the ME and all to no particular purpose. Of all the problems in the world today, POTUS addresses this and its a non-problem except now it is of his own making.

Really weirdly stupid blunder in my opinion.

Well actually it is Clinton's fault...no not Hillary...the other one Bill. He signed it into law in 1995 and no President since then has had the balls to follow it. I think it is that pesky professional politician thing that Trump doesn't have. Things like this and the immigration etc are areas we have had laws on but no one until Trump would touch any of this with a ten foot pole...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

The Left on Islam:

On Immigration policy: "Stop acting like Muslims are dangerous lunatics. They share our values."

On Jerusalem: "Are you TRYING to piss them off? They are dangerous lunatics apt to act out over the moving of a building, you know!"

Exactly.

But remember, they are always victims. If a Muslim kills someone for drawing Mohammad, we need to focus on how the person that drew it is equally responsible as the murderer.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soultime

No. Jared Kushner did not get Jerusalem to be recognized as the capital city of Israel. THAT was done in 1995 through the Jerusalem Embassy Act.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Again, another who needs to learn their history.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join