It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Illness is a MYTH : Witchcraft and Power Politics in Medicine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The last time these theories were accepted science, mental health professionals were handing out lobotomies like candy

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks for putting words where I never said them.

I guess all those criminals who were diagnosed BEFORE they committed a crime, then had an episode and did it, were just having a bad day and should have educated themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I like being correct and winning.
It's definitely about both, because to me being correct is winning.

Can we just all keep a copy of this quote form the OP for future reference.

OP being correct and winning are not the same thing, to me it is always more important to be correct than it is to win.

Being correct IS winning even if no one recognizes you for that. All that matters is that the truth was spoken.

I'm not sure what additional criteria you apply to "winning"?
Maybe you think that the mob decides who won? I don't.

link   
a reply to: dashen

And eugenics were still in play!

Says it all really.

By the way eugenics never really went away it's coming back in a big way.

Hence the stealth eugenics war the United Kingdom is currently waging against its own mentally infirm, sick, and poor people by way of the DWP, ATOS Capita and there like..

edit on 4-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Thanks for putting words where I never said them.

I guess all those criminals who were diagnosed BEFORE they committed a crime, then had an episode and did it, were just having a bad day and should have educated themselves.

Are you saying all people diagnosed with mental illness are likely to commit murders?

That's like 25%+ of the whole population - wow!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's the kind of stigma I'm talking about!

"Oh he has a mental illness" = "Omg maybe he will kill people tomorrow?"
That's the real sick stuff right there.

And that's exactly what I'm fighting against.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You got proven wrong pages ago. You wanted proof of an educated person with a diagnosed mental illness. I provided one. You then changed the goalposts to something else.

You’ve already lost AND you’re wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Show me where I said that.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

thats that real evil

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

The last time these theories were accepted science, mental health professionals were handing out lobotomies like candy

So if they believed there was no such thing as mental illness and they thought we could talk all this out with therapy and counseling - why would they lobotomize anyone?

OH WAIT - Lobotomizations were conducted by people on the other side of the debate - the pro-believes in mental illness side. The side that justifies all their barbarism by labeling someone with something then proceeding to destroy them because somehow they think they are fixing things by turning people into Zombies.

Modern mental health medications are largely just a type chemical lobotomy by the way.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I find the common thread with people who say that mental illness is a myth, is that they themselves have been diagnosed with fairly severe problems, most often Schizophrenia.

Its natural to want to deny your own illnesses, much as many people dont want to be checked for cancer because they dont want to confront it.

It is however, not a healthy way to deal with it, and could potentially put the person and others in danger.

Thats not to say that there most DEFINITELY an issue in mental health with how its treated, diagnosed and stigmatized, but that does not mean it does not exist.

Again like aids and cancer, theres no profit in curing or successfully treating such diseases in a timely and efficient matter, but that doesnt mean that Cancer and Aids doesnt exist. Same for mental illness

link   

link   

Anyone who disagrees is invited to debate their point of view and then I will proceed to eviscerate it with the aim of convincing you that there is no such thing as "Mental Illness" in the general sense it is thought of today.

Ahem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

“Eviscerate” away.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know what? You’re right.

The OP just cares about winning by dismissing everything (even when shown to be 100% wrong) and putting words in peoples virtual mouths.

I’m not up to “debating” the intellectually dishonest. Bye OP.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Sure is but just like Brexit, it's happening whether we care to ignore the fact or otherwise.

And people are dying or ending their own lives in what seems like almost a daily basis because of it.

We don't call it eugenics through we call it austerity.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No, mental healt problems are not myths. Yes there are usually physical causes (they cause imbalances in the brain chemistry). The fact remains the symptoms exhibit as mental illnesses. Anyone who has ever lived with these problems, or loved someone with these problems will tell you they are real.

So I ask, what skin do you have in this game?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Suppose that would depend on the criminal really.

Plenty of educated criminals out there all the same, and not just the bankers, politicians and bent Police nether.

End of the day thought this world loves a stupid crook, i mean we elect them all the time, or think we do.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Okso the premise is a bit strong , but otherwise a firm op . good reading , but for the panty pi$$ers .
Everyone does not smoke enough weed everyday ,or watch enough Thomas The Tank Engine

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes there is. Bipolar disorder is disease that can be diagnosed, and treated. Try again

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join