It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

I have flown over 20 times in my life and always choose a window seat. I have never observed said curvature at any height over land or ocean. I have travelled from mainland US to India as well as Hawaii (being my longest two trips).

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I have flown over 20 times in my life and always choose a window seat. I have never observed said curvature at any height over land or ocean. I have travelled from mainland US to India as well as Hawaii (being my longest two trips).

Thank you .

I wish more people just admitted that they themselves really never observed the curvature either .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

so what are you trying to imply, that this isn't the case? that they guy is lying? that all the people who have witnessed this are also lying? Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it's not real"?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it might not be real"?

That closely matches my thought process but had to change a few words.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Thank you .

I wish more people just admitted that they themselves really never observed the curvature either .

I have watched a ship dissapear right in front of me. Now for that to be the case, one of two things happened. The ship either drove out of view, due to the curvature of the earth, or somebody used magic, voodoo, or some form of hocus pocus to convince me that a ship even existed. If a ship can drive out of your sight, even with the best optics you could purchase, how to you justify there being no curvature in your mind?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it might not be real"?

so rather than accept the findings of the link I provided, you would have to reproduce the account in order to believe it?

I bet you were a hoot in high school.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

so what are you trying to imply, that this isn't the case? that they guy is lying? that all the people who have witnessed this are also lying? Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it's not real"?

I don't know anyone who has detected this curve in a given mile of Earth's Oceans .

If that doesn't spike your curiosity , i don't know what to tell you .

It might be not easy to understand but I am merely pointing out that a scientific experiment disagrees with textbook in this instance .

If you disagree ; you ought to be able to replicate the experiment and show me my errors so that i can adjust my knowledge .

Jut think independently for a second ; how come you can spot a curve in the mountains with ease but when it comes to Oceans the same curve eludes your eyes ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

so rather than accept the findings of the link I provided, you would have to reproduce the account in order to believe it?

I bet you were a hoot in high school.

Seeing how I work in construction the concept isn't lost on me at all. What's your point?

And I was in fact a hoot in highschool, thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Thank you .

I have watched a ship dissapear right in front of me. Now for that to be the case, one of two things happened. The ship either drove out of view, due to the curvature of the earth, or somebody used magic, voodoo, or some form of hocus pocus to convince me that a ship even existed. If a ship can drive out of your sight, even with the best optics you could purchase, how to you justify there being no curvature in your mind?

Do you know this exactly what i would have told people last year ?

Then i started to really think ; how could I see before me a dead straight sea if there is indeed an 8 inches height difference in a given mile's beginning and End ?

Everyone once thought the ship disappearing over the horizon was a proof of the curvature . The ship went over the curvature we all use to think ; just like you do now .

What changes do you think must have occurred for me to re-consider ?

All the body of evidence that makes up the accepted narrative of " how things are " comes crushing down once you realise that the curve is not measurable , observeable over any given mile of Earth's Oceans .

Come on now , stop worrying about how silly all this sounds but really conduct a little scientific experiment of your own by the sea side .

You will see that no matter what you do ; the curvature will elude you .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I asked you a while back about satellites and the ISS. What do you say about them?
edit on 15-1-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't know anyone who has detected this curve in a given mile of Earth's Oceans . If that doesn't spike your curiosity , i don't know what to tell you .

Ok lets put it this way.

when you are talking inches of differences, then this experiment to try and see or detect it in the way described would need to be done on on a body of water that has no waves, no motion of water.

Maybe the Dead sea with its more dense waters, but seriously where can you find over a mile diameter of water that is has no waves to detect a few inches of difference?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I don't know anyone who has detected this curve in a given mile of Earth's Oceans . If that doesn't spike your curiosity , i don't know what to tell you .

Ok lets put it this way.

when you are talking inches of differences, then this experiment to try and see or detect it in the way described would need to be done on on a body of water that has no waves, no motion of water.

Maybe the Dead sea with its more dense waters, but seriously where can you find over a mile diameter of water that is has no waves to detect a few inches of difference?

Sea around here gets as motionless as a table top , regularly .

Sea of Marmara or BlackSea or Med Sea , regardless , one can find absolutely still and motionless seas all the time .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"Come on now, stop worrying about how silly all this sounds but really conduct a little scientific experiment of your own by the sea side. You will see that no matter what you do; the curvature will elude you."

Okay, as you request...

I just went to the beach to check this out (Ocean City, MD). Here's what I did.

I held a yardstick horizontally, by the edge, and with one eye closed. I slowly lowered it so the lower edge lined up with the surface of the ocean at the horizon, in the center of the yardstick. I could see no sky in the center, but at each end I could see the sky between the yardstick's edge and the horizon. The yardstick was not bent. That means only one thing: the horizon curves. The curvature doesn't elude me at all. It's obvious.

I didn't take a photo because some folks would argue the camera lens is playing a trick the eyes, or that I'm engaged in some sort of Photoshop subterfuge.

Try it for yourself and report back. If you have a beach nearby, it takes two minutes.

The Flat Earth Man tune is funny. "My work was published globally..." A Freudian slip in the songwriting, I think.

edit on 15-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Still waiting for a user who is going to testify and state that they have observed/detected/measured the curve of Earth .

By definition , there are lots of Dogma Worshipping Scientism followers on this thread .

It's not that difficult to carry out a scientific experiment to validate the Curvature or Spin .

Do some Science for yourselves and go out to a beach to detect , observe and measure 8 inch height difference in a given square mile of Seawater .

Imagine you are a surveyor, you know, someone who makes money with his hard learned trade. Surveyors encounter difficulties doing their measurements because of the pesky curvature of the Earth. It's so bad that they need solutions as to how to measure correctly without the curvature fecking it up for them.

www.aboutcivil.org...

If the world was flat, these surveyors could just ignore it all and don't have to do any maths or find any solutions. Why would they even have a problem in the first place? Did they make these websites for the lolz, because it is funny to encounter difficulties? Why?

The simplest answer is because the earth has a curvature, and it has one because it is round.

Are you FE not ashamed of being so obnoxious in the face of absolute proof?

I have personally seen ships disappear slowly on the horizon, by slowly I mean not disappear due to distance but from their bottoms up. I could clearly see the top but not the bottom any longer. Unless there is a hole in the Ocean [North Sea actually] and it is made of molasses, I have no other explanation for it than curvature.

I am very concerned about FEs as you lot bring thousands of years of intelligent human's thinking and measuring back down to the dark ages, where those who couldn't understand the simplest maths, explained it all with the handy 'god' explanation, which isn't an explanation at all, it is for simple humans to make things easier.

As a scientist [well retired] I have neither understanding nor sympathy with ignorance. You go and live in mud huts again, burning women at stakes or whatever else you will do in the name of your 'answer to everything' [god] but do not bring down a highly advanced civilisation with you.
It has been done before and I fear it could happen again, if you let the uneducated and unwilling to learn, have a say.

Flat Earth is rubbish for a myriad of reasons. Even if you don't believe in any concrete proof, the circumstantial evidence is so overwhelming that you should cringe about your own selves and your stubbornness, but that takes knowledge and insight, something utterly missing in FEs. Have fun in your own medieval life.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I have flown about a thousand times and I have seen the curvature of the earth.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Awesome. I believe you.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thank you .

Most people would never admit (or maybe even observe) that the emperor never had any new clothes, either... most folks will take a stand for general consensus no matter how much common sense and observation tells them otherwise.

These are a couple of my observations:

I've never seen any curvature of the earth from an airplane on over 500 trips.
I've never seen water curve at its surface
Miraculously, I only see one side of the moon (yes, I know all about the explanation)
And I find it friggin miraculous that with all the spinning and movement we do as we are shooting through space, the trusty North star and the little and big dippers can still be seen, same as I remember as a small child...

These are just a few common sense observations, don't they trigger your curiousity, if you have any?

The part that really gets me is the glib, smugness of those that think they know it all and never can explain a dang thing worth listening to about why they believe it. I am not talking about flat earthers here. If it is such a dumb argument, why bother???? The only reason is so you can have a moment of feeling superior and really flat earthers and junkies are the only groups left that aren't protected by SJW's and the goofy PC agenda. Have any of you SJWs out there ever considered that FE's and junkies have feelings too???? You don't want to offend anyone do you?
edit on 15-1-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join