It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
8 inch over 1st mile .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The Flat Earthers sunk their argument when they told Elon Musk, who asked why there was no flat mars society, that its been proven that Mars is a sphere.

You cant have both, a flat earth and neighboring planets that are spheres.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They never had an argument...

Just a hope in proving the bible true

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
In 1975 I could ride a motorcyle without a helmet,let off explosives and firecrackers,drive home after a few beers unmolested,smoke in a bar,club or restaurant,collect firewood and have campfires on the beach with my dog,canoe on the lakes without the need for rescue boats from the boat hirer,own any weapon I wanted,sit on 75-80 if I wanted too or grow my own tobacco.

Now I can do none of these things or I need a permit so my response is who cares if we live on a sphere or under a dome a prison is a prison and soon there will be an entire generation without any knowledge of or basic freedoms,this is a red herring topic sorry probably to deliberately get peoples minds off course.

Pffft. Who needs basics freedoms. Computers give you the universe. You can be anything, do anything on them. Don't need a billion dollars to go to the moon. Just need a computer. As added bonus, you can pollute all you want in sin city. It's not even a real city. And if something or someone bothers you? Ignore them. Or log onto something else. Play offline.
edit on 1/10/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Akragon

Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend.

Lol and yet humans have been doing just that ever since...

Forever

Shows how bright we are.. Eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The Flat Earthers sunk their argument when they told Elon Musk, who asked why there was no flat mars society, that its been proven that Mars is a sphere.

Why not?

Every planet we see is spherical, so that means every planet in the entire universe must also be spherical??!!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Why not?

Every planet we see is spherical, so that means every planet in the entire universe must also be spherical??!!

yup but according to flat earthers Earth seems to be the exception.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
No actual measurement of Earth's curvature?

A ship on an ocean observed through telescopes, miles away..

This would surely indicate if there IS any sort of real curvature, obviously...

So if the ship cannot be seen, in telescopes, it supports the claim of an actual curvature...

And if the ship CAN be seen, in telescopes, it supports the claim of NO curvature....

What we find is that ships CAN be seen in telescopes, so it's proven.

Ships were used to prove Earth was a sphere, when we didn't have - or at least, have any access to - powerful telescopes.

And THAT was why nobody ever questioned them, or doubted the Earth was a sphere...because ships disappeared from sight, that's proof of curvature.....

They are STILL saying it.

Ships don't vanish from sight because of any sort of 'curvature'.

This shows how all objects reach a vanishing point, where the human eye cannot see the object beyond....a distance.

Magnification shows us the ship we cannot see by human eye alone.

The ship would be impossible to see through ANY magnification, if the Earth was spherical.

A very simple concept, no?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Most people don't care about Earth being a round shape, or flat, or whatever. We have more crucial issues to deal with, it's a red herring ....

Earth being a sphere suggests anything is of a divine creation. Unique, special, and protected, by God, or Gods, above.

Evil is to say we have no god, no spiritual form. Only powerful leaders, who wish to protect you, help you, etc.

Who cares if Earth''s a globe, by embedding the globe since preschool, and putting Earth globes in all our schools!

And snickering about how people once believed the world was flat!!

The teachers say people didn't know a lot, at the time, and very ignorant of the wider world, and feared they'd sail off the edge of the world, since they believed it was flat!!

We learned Earth is not flat, it is a sphere.

We all evolved - over millions of years - from stupid apes, too!

They want children to know their great, great, great, etc. grandparents were just apes!

Not a so-called 'God'.

All life was created from chemical soups, organic trash heaps, extreme environmental variables, over millions of years...

I suppose everyone knows they are 'experts' on how life was first created, out of slimy cesspools....

As 'experts' know that life was first created by a random brew of unknown ingredients, which somehow created the first life forms. And evolution did the rest!

Sweet..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Why not?

yup but according to flat earthers Earth seems to be the exception.

The only planet where life thrives everywhere, isn't an exception?

By your 'logic', Earth should be a lifeless chunk of matter, like all the other planets!!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Supposedly the Sun is 93 million miles away from Earth, and the Moon is about 240 thousand miles away from Earth.

The only two objects seen above Earth, by everyone on Earth.

It's not an exception, because all other planets have a moon, or moons, and Sun...

But Earth has an incredible exception to all other planets, no doubt..

The Sun and Moon are exactly the same size, seen from Earth.

By your 'logic', they should not match in size, let alone perfectly match. Since no other planets have a match, neither should the Earth!

Amazing coincidence, then?

Even more amazing, they are PERFECTLY ALIGNED TOGETHER!

As a perfect eclipse proves.

This is yet another exception only found on Earth, obviously,

What would the odds be that two, and only two, celestial bodies are perfectly matched in size, and alignment, to eclipse precisely, by random chance?

And on the only planet with life, where people can see them, in a perfect eclipse?

It's not random.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

I'm not entirely sure that you understand any of the science involved. Are you saying that this planet is under the protection of a giant beard in the sky?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: turbonium1

I'm not entirely sure that you understand any of the science involved. Are you saying that this planet is under the protection of a giant beard in the sky?

As if.

I'm asking what proves the curvature of Earth. That's it.

When it was a vanishing ship that proved the curvature, it seemed fishy. And it was fishy. Ships didn't vanish at all.
And it proved the opposite, as well. That a curvature didn't even exist, at all.

It's about evidence, or lack of - nothing else..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

People believe in a Dogma when it comes to Curvature ; it's not there .

Just go to any beach and measure a 1 mile in ALL Cardinal directions and witness the fact that there is no Curvature .

Obviously this doesn't automatically mean that the Earth is flat but it means the accepted narrative is wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

'These flat earth retards are probably the stupidest people on our planet. Also, I almost always find that they turn out to be Christians and they always either have some bible related garbage or say it's a satan of some sort, again, back to their stupid ignorant book.

Someone strap them to the rocket and send them into space with a live cam feed back to the rest of them on land to let them know how stupid they all are. '

Wow, what a lovely human being you are ! I'll just bet you have loads of friends.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"Ann Wuddabout MAGNETS (I mean ECLIPSES!) ...how does dey work?? Frickin' Miracles!..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

the odd thing is this is a recent development, almost like the zealots were coopted.

Because most of the Astronomers and scientists that came up with the theories of planets and orbits etc etc, were christian. so this whole flat earth thing is just bizarre

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

it is duely noted that you have evaded all questions put to you

as for your latest vid

we only get to time stamp : 01.23 before the first lie emerges

this is also the first claim made by the narrator - so its a bad start

to quote :

every single one of NASA pictures of the globe earth are CGI

lets starrt with :

apollo image " AS17-148-22727 " wiki primer

taken from the apoloo 17 mission - on kodak film - no CGI there - the origional negative is still availiable

the " poor " narrator // editor - only gets to timestamp 01.34 - before thier next lie spews forth :

the claim to show a graphic of an alledged " world without water "

debunk from phil plait

with such a poor start - i simply CBA continuting the vid

lets talk about your alledged sailing experience

ETA - also your alledged civil engineering " experience "
edit on 15-1-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Just go to any beach and measure a 1 mile in ALL Cardinal directions and witness the fact that there is no Curvature .

lol... just the most retarded idea ever...

i saw a video recently that used a lazer across a 6km lake... no curvature

Omg!!

As if is possible to measure the curve of a planet at that kind of distance with a lazer

edit on 15-1-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join