It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: 23432

Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it might not be real"?

That closely matches my thought process but had to change a few words.

so rather than accept the findings of the link I provided, you would have to reproduce the account in order to believe it?

I bet you were a hoot in high school.

Seeing how I work in construction the concept isn't lost on me at all. What's your point?

And I was in fact a hoot in highschool, thanks.

my point is, if you have to see something to believe it, your world view must by tiny in comparison to most. I have traveled a bit, but not near enough to see everything that I have learned about. I just have to accept things that make sense to me and seem verifiable. If in High School, you questioned all that you could not immediately duplicate, you would be an impossible student to teach. Relax, because I don't fall for the flat earth bull#, doesn't mean I am attacking you. I just have done and seen enough to believe that the Earth is round. Like all the other planets. But if you ever find one of those pesky edges, you let me know ASAP. I'll change my tune quickly.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Or are you one of those people who says "if I didn't see it, then it might not be real"?

That closely matches my thought process but had to change a few words.

so rather than accept the findings of the link I provided, you would have to reproduce the account in order to believe it?

I bet you were a hoot in high school.

Seeing how I work in construction the concept isn't lost on me at all. What's your point?

And I was in fact a hoot in highschool, thanks.

my point is, if you have to see something to believe it, your world view must by tiny in comparison to most. I have traveled a bit, but not near enough to see everything that I have learned about. I just have to accept things that make sense to me and seem verifiable. If in High School, you questioned all that you could not immediately duplicate, you would be an impossible student to teach. Relax, because I don't fall for the flat earth bull#, doesn't mean I am attacking you. I just have done and seen enough to believe that the Earth is round. Like all the other planets. But if you ever find one of those pesky edges, you let me know ASAP. I'll change my tune quickly.

Feel free to quote or link any post I made that suggests I believe in a flat Earth.

To say I've never observed Earth's curvature is true. To say I don't simply believe everything I'm told is also true.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

you might want to go to the Wal Mart and grab some bigger undies. The one's you have now seem to be a bit too snug.
I simply offered what I feel it proof enough of the curvature, which hasn't been disputed, only ignored due to not being at the location of the bridge in question with the appropriate tools. I can accept the experiment as stated, if it was untrue, a retraction with appropriate data should surface.

My only point to you was what I tried to offer in my reply. If you don't believe in a flat earth or you do, I honestly don't care. You do whatever you must to put cream in your twinkie. I have climed mountains only to find out that at the top, I can see much farther than I can at the bottom. I feel good in knowing that a round earth is much more likely than a flat one. If you have the same feeling, super, if not, I'll still eat the same thing for lunch today. have a super day.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am more into the level Earth theory.

Its not just FLAT

It's LEVEL.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I get my boxers from Kmart. Also, I'm a really good driver.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I get my boxers from Kmart. Also, I'm a really good driver.

with boxers, you should be fine. 400 oak st.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"I've never seen water curve at its surface [...] The part that really gets me is the glib, smugness of those that think they know it all and never can explain a dang thing worth listening to about why they believe it."

I don't believe the earth is spherical--I know it is. There's a difference. Did you see my post yesterday about doing the little experiment with the yardstick? It's dead simple. You should try it.

Beyond that, I cannot help you understand because I think you don't want to be helped.

"Some people...you just can't reach." -Captain, the prison warden in the 1967 film Cool Hand Luke

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"I've never seen water curve at its surface [...] The part that really gets me is the glib, smugness of those that think they know it all and never can explain a dang thing worth listening to about why they believe it."

I don't believe the earth is spherical--I know it is. There's a difference. Did you see my post yesterday about doing the little experiment with the yardstick? It's dead simple. You should try it.

Beyond that, I cannot help you understand because I think you don't want to be helped.

"Some people...you just can't reach." -Captain, the prison warden in the 1967 film Cool Hand Luke

OK

We will disregard 1000's of independent Nikon footage zooming into 10's of miles in distances .

We will also disregard the fact that if this experiment of yours really proves the curvature than NASA needs you immediately.

Really ?

YardStick ?

Can you please post some pics ; I would love to see them .

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Question for the Flat Earth believers.

With the invention of go pro cameras and balloons why dont they attach a go pro camera to a balloon and launch the sucker into orbit?

Granted there are many videos of people already doing this and thus far the images it returned show the earth as a sphere and not flat.

Discuss.

I find this clip puzzling .

240000 feet and no visible curve .

And a bit of fun .

We ought to discuss the " sleep " and the " dream world " too .
edit on 17-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Your video refers to special editing software and techniques to take out the curvature. So, there is no visible curve because it's been doctored.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
another conumdrum for the flat earth proponents of ATS :

how do YOU explain the chandler wobble ??

the spheroid model has no problem

but depending on your " flat earth dogma " it could get messy - like all pesky real world science

i predict special pleadings galore as believers attempt to " square " it with thier sect of flat earth cosmology

come on - explain

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Your video refers to special editing software and techniques to take out the curvature. So, there is no visible curve because it's been doctored.

It refers to fish eye lens that creates the curvature even when the craft is on the ground.

Really , why you bother ?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
another conumdrum for the flat earth proponents of ATS :

how do YOU explain the chandler wobble ??

the spheroid model has no problem

but depending on your " flat earth dogma " it could get messy - like all pesky real world science

i predict special pleadings galore as believers attempt to " square " it with thier sect of flat earth cosmology

come on - explain

L-O-O-K @ E-A-R-T-H

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I sometimes wonder why I bother too.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

your evasivness and failure to answer is noted

but , just to " humour " you

yes - i have " looked at the earth " and i have actually seen the curvature - only once - but all other flights were in poor conditions [ if you read my previous replies - you would know that though ]

and i lastly - reject your claims that " you can use a telescope to re-aquire ships that have sailed beyond the horizon " [ paraphrasing ] as either your incompetance or dishonesty

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

when you claim to have spent longer at ATS - than ATS has existed - i start to understand the problem with you

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

just noticed something on your vid :

timestamp - 04:35

oops - it falsifies your own claim [ and that of the vid producer ]

thats incompetance level 11

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

The only reason is so you can have a moment of feeling superior and really flat earthers and junkies are the only groups left that aren't protected by SJW's and the goofy PC agenda. Have any of you SJWs out there ever considered that FE's and junkies have feelings too???? You don't want to offend anyone do you?

And there you have it. The "flat Earth" movement is entirely psycho-political. It is an arbitrary rejection of the "scientific elitism" that preaches that all men and women are biologically identical and entitled to equal rights. That the scientific method yields truths that are sometimes at odds with common sense. That modern chemistry and the medical establishment are responsible for the "opioid epidemic." I will not dispute that last point, but I cannot help but point out that when urban poor-- ie; Blacks and Hispanics-- were suffering from extreme substance abuse problems it was considered a criminal problem, but now that rural poor-- ie; Whites-- are suffering from substance abuse, it is considered a "medical emergency."

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maybe it was starting to sink?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: pointessa

The only reason is so you can have a moment of feeling superior and really flat earthers and junkies are the only groups left that aren't protected by SJW's and the goofy PC agenda. Have any of you SJWs out there ever considered that FE's and junkies have feelings too???? You don't want to offend anyone do you?

And there you have it. The "flat Earth" movement is entirely psycho-political. It is an arbitrary rejection of the "scientific elitism" that preaches that all men and women are biologically identical and entitled to equal rights. That the scientific method yields truths that are sometimes at odds with common sense. That modern chemistry and the medical establishment are responsible for the "opioid epidemic." I will not dispute that last point, but I cannot help but point out that when urban poor-- ie; Blacks and Hispanics-- were suffering from extreme substance abuse problems it was considered a criminal problem, but now that rural poor-- ie; Whites-- are suffering from substance abuse, it is considered a "medical emergency."

What does any of that have to do with accepting the Earth as flat, sphere, square, or 5-pointed starfish??

It's about proof, or lack of proof, and nothing else.

A spherical Earth has no proof. I find it is impossible to support that Earth is a sphere, since nothing shows, measures, or indicates, that we live on a gigantic ball.

I don't care about whether or not Earth's a sphere, or flat, or part sphere, and part flat ..... it doesn't matter.

Explaining that science has proven the Earth is spherical, while the claim of a flat Earth was proven to be complete nonsense, by science.

Apparently science has proven the Earth is spherical because of how ships vanished from sight, when curvature makes ships vanish, over the sphere, and proves Earth is round, and not flat.

'Experts' have supported the 'vanishing ships' as proving Earth is round, ever since!!

Nobody seems to understand why anyone would question the proof of Earth being round! Everyone is so absolutely sure of the Earth being a sphere, that to ever doubt it warrants them insults, ridicule, and mockery.

We were all told in school that the Earth is round, and it was proven round, by early explorers like Columbus, and others, when they found new lands, which proved there's no 'edge' of the Earth, that ships would sail over.

So anyone is a total moron to question the Earth's shape, centuries later!!

Curvature must exist in any round, spherical surface, regardless of size, and measurements have certainly been done - endlessly - over very large surfaces, and in many very distinct areas.

Who has seen a lake in the early morning hours, which is so calm, pristine, it is almost magical, it looks like glass?

In the clearest mornings, I've seen people eating bacon and eggs, for breakfast. Across the entire lake. Without binoculars.

Miles away from me.

When the lake should have curvature which blocked out the shoreline, and their feet, and legs, as well, because it's inches lower by then, if it was an actual curvature in play.

And when you take a boat across the lake, to meet them, the lake is still flat.

Let's assume that a lake 20 miles long, slopes 8 in a mile, 160 inches total, yet looks perfectly flat.

Water would never be perfectly still, and calm, on lake surfaces, if it was always sloped downward, in all directions.

Laser measurements prove it's flat, as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join